43 replies to this topic

#21 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:20 AM

I do too.

But isn't the whole point of a roundabout to keep traffic moving smoothly? Why did they go and drop the speed limit by 20km/hr?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#22 Maverick

Maverick
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:50 PM

I would like to make a motion that any link to the website WTF or this blog be moderated and the link removed immediately.
Does any one second the motion?

#23 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:02 PM

^Get your own effing forum then you can call the shots.

#24 Maverick

Maverick
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:40 AM

I`m just saying,the trash on that site is not worthy of a link on any forum

#25 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:47 AM

ok, where's the link though?

#26 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:44 AM

http://wtflangford.blogspot.com/

I'm not a huge fan of the website either, but it's no worse than some of stuff I read in an issue of Monday Mag. And there is a lot of info in there that I personally feel should be public info.
Are we going to censor every word and every website that criticizes any council or group? If mods only allowed nice, lovely words to be said about circumstances, this forum wouldn't be worth a damn.

I'm just getting a little sick and tired of members with obvious special interests trying censor the stuff they don't agree with. Especially members that seem to swoop in only when they feel need to put out fires.

Just my humble opinion.

#27 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:07 AM

I think the fountain was installed as a centerpiece to a community that has made noticeable progress in beautifying their neighborhoods.

#28 VicBooster

VicBooster
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:24 AM

We need a WTF Victoria blog, too.

#29 AnonAnnie2

AnonAnnie2
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:23 AM

^Get your own effing forum then you can call the shots.

you said 'effing'! tsk.
(you still have cred w/me GG)
:D

Fountain is a nice addition to the community IMO.

#30 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:47 PM

I don't mind the WTF site at all. I realize that it comes from a different angle, but once in awhile I learn something I may not have heard through the mainstream media. It's a good Langford read.

#31 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:55 PM

We have a new archway on Goldstream! Just like Chinatown. And those colours - green, gold and yellow! Wait a minute....I've seen those colours around Langford before.

#32 bicycles

bicycles
  • 172 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

yeah I went by that sign today. it's, well, interesting.

#33 Phil McAvity

Phil McAvity
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:57 AM

The thing I don't understand about the roundabout is, the curb in the center can't be more than few centimeters high, yet virtually everyone avoids it. For those that have been through the roundabout atop a double-decker nerd mover, you almost get thrown out of your seat.....all to avoid a tiny little bump.

Having said that, I really like what they have done. The fountain, the lights and the new sign all look great. So much better than the original plan. I'm surprised they can play music in the roundabout though, I figured there would be some kind of copyright/trademark issue there, and where do they get the music from? The Q?
In chains by Keynes

#34 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:28 AM

^ Maybe they get the music from here. http://www.stereomood.com/

Neat site

#35 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:55 AM

The thing I don't understand about the roundabout is, the curb in the center can't be more than few centimeters high, yet virtually everyone avoids it. For those that have been through the roundabout atop a double-decker nerd mover, you almost get thrown out of your seat.....all to avoid a tiny little bump.

Having said that, I really like what they have done. The fountain, the lights and the new sign all look great. So much better than the original plan. I'm surprised they can play music in the roundabout though, I figured there would be some kind of copyright/trademark issue there, and where do they get the music from? The Q?

If they pay a Socan fee, they can play anything they like.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#36 manuel

manuel
  • 595 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:25 PM

If they pay a Socan fee, they can play anything they like.

What's the over/under that they paid / did not pay the Socan fee (if applicable)?
"I know nothing"

#37 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:58 AM

A Langford resident tells me that they have a security guard watching over the fountain every single night, that's his sole subject. That's a drag.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#38 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:01 AM

^I drove by last Sunday. Somebody must have tossed in a box of Tide. Lots of foamy bubbles everywhere.

#39 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:28 PM

A Langford resident tells me that they have a security guard watching over the fountain every single night, that's his sole subject. That's a drag.

All night security guard? What a waste of time and money.

Can't say I'm a fan of the pink and blue lights.

#40 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:40 PM

I checked it out.
I really like the deification of the area. It's good to see they're putting in some effort.
The fountain's a bit cheesy. But better than nothing.
I did however laugh at the fake turf they've laid along the sidewalk close to the fountain.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users