Relish | Victoria | 920 Pandora

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:22 PM

Correct, it's at ground zero, the space formerly known as the Village Family Marketplace.

Not open yet. It has DISCOVERY COFFEE labels in the window.

http://www.relishfoodcoffee.com/

Interior photos on Facebook.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:03 PM

It's open now.

There is a CBC radio interview with Jamie Cummins on their FB group page. He is formerly of Mo:le and Discovery Coffee and other places, such as Paprika Bistro.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3 bicycles

bicycles
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:31 PM

I went in today and it was great. The service was awesome, you can see they really care about what they're doing, and the food was outstanding and great value. Small menu though, I saw two folks come in and look at the menu then leave which might be end up being a problem.

#4 julienne

julienne
  • 225 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:27 PM

Relish. A menu that changes almost daily is crafted by chef Jamie Cummins, who I'd like to point out makes all the breads and pastries, sausages, preserves and salads.
One of the daily round focaccio sandwiches today was roasted red pepper, eggplant with herbed goat cheese and a big swath of lettuce.

And today's sausage was sundried tomato with preserved lemon and basil, served on the most awesome crusty buns.

This is now one of my regular lunch haunts.

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:35 PM

How much for either of them?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6 julienne

julienne
  • 225 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:56 PM

Both at $6.50.
Meaty sandwiches on focaccia are at $8.50,(today they had roast chicken club with house bacon and brie), mains like flank steak, salmon, or smoked pork loin etc are $10.
With everything made in house, these be bargain prices.

#7 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:30 PM

Nice, and thanks.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#8 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:13 PM

I dropped in for lunch the other day.

I had the sandwich with chicken and bacon. Superb. And the staff I dealt with were hospitable and cheerful.

Know it all.

#9 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:40 PM

Mike and I went back today. Recommended! Check it out.

#10 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:17 PM

Diner thrives on Pandora's front line
Jamie Cummins opens Relish amid chaos on Pandora and packs 'em in
TC DARRON KLOSTER

Business is booming for Jamie Cummins at Ground Zero.

Read more: http://www.timescolo...l#ixzz0zS04DKNS

#11 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:32 PM

I went today, and had a great Pork sandwich on special. Maybe a dollar more than Pig, but better flavour and balance. Great ambience if you dont' mind the eclectic street scene out front. Bummed these guys aren't open at all on the w/e as it would probably become a Saturday treat.

#12 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:42 PM

Relish is awesome! I've had several breakfast sandwiches and they are really good. Also had a muffaletta for lunch that was also very good.

#13 Rosie G.

Rosie G.
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 02:16 PM

I just recently discovered this breakfast/lunch place. I guess I've been out of the loop because it is fantastic. All the food is fresh, local and beautifully presented. Staff is friendly. Coffee is Bows & Arrows and they make great cappuccinos. You can just tell a lot of thought and care is put into everything here. Great eggs Benny's and wonderful lunch "bowls" and sandwiches. Nothing ordinary, but creative and special. This is now the only place I take guests for brunch. Closed on Monday and Tuesdays though so don't be disappointed.

#14 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:45 PM

Relish has closed the doors at 920 Pandora, but you can still order their food online. Heard a rumour that there will be another addictions clinic going in, but nothing has been substantiated. 

#15 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:55 PM

I'll be having Relsh kimchi meatballs shortly.  I expect my delivery before 1:30pm today.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 05 March 2018 - 12:55 PM.

• Matt R. likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users