Photo

Urban Golf Courses

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#161 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 06:39 PM

Thanks for assuming I play the tips, LJ.

#162 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 07:22 PM

^You mean you aren't, oh sorry.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#163 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:26 PM

There are several members who walk the course, as long as you can keep up with the pace of play nobody has a problem with it. When they played the Telus Skins game the pro's all walked. If you are playing with your brother in law let him ride and you can walk.

The secret is the nicotine helps me beat him. Calms it all right down when the heat gets on. As a smoker it has basically no effect on him though.

#164 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:45 AM

Some word on Prospect Lake course today, CFAX will have it in the 9:00 hour.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#165 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:51 AM

Some word on Prospect Lake course today, CFAX will have it in the 9:00 hour.

So what's the word?

#166 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:43 AM

Grease?

#167 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,113 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:10 PM

I put this in the other Golf course thread.

Prospect Lake is partnering with www.powertobe.ca.

#168 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:13 PM

Grease?

John Travolta's in town?

#169 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:17 PM

Power To Be finds a home at Prospect Lake FORMER PROSPECT LAKE GOLF COURSE TO TRANSFORM INTO ACCESSIBLE RECREATION HUB

Accessible outdoor recreation has a new lease on life today thanks to a partnership between Power To Be and the Steele family. The Victoria-based non-profit organization and the Steele family have partnered to transform the former Prospect Lake Golf Course into an accessible recreation hub for British Columbian youth and families with barriers. 

https://powertobe.ca...t-prospect-lake

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#170 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:42 AM

http://www.theprovin...1949/story.html

Select B.C. seniors get to drive golf carts on municipal roads

#171 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:56 PM

^So do you have to show ID to prove you are a senior? And why just senior's?

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#172 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:12 AM

I'm a senior, yet I still get asked for ID at the liquor store.

#173 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:01 AM

I'm a senior, yet I still get asked for ID at the liquor store.

It's an easy mistake to make with that youthful greenish skin.

#174 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:15 AM

I guess it's not limited to seniors.

“This change makes it easier for people, particularly seniors, to stay engaged in their community and access the services that make their lives better,” Clark said in a statement.

#175 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:09 PM

The Twizzy is supposed to be coming to Canada, and available for lease for just $99/mo. including insurance.

https://twizycanada.com/

#176 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:51 PM

Woods is back, and maybe his back is back but he is not out of the Woods yet until he gets back into the Woods he once was.   :cheers:

The spotlight all week was on Woods all week, with good reason. But Fowler grabbed it at the very end with the performance of the event.

"It's cool (to win Tiger's tournament)," he said. "To have the handful of rounds that we got to play together in the last couple months. We had some good times on the golf course.

It would have been fun if we had been paired together. I was looking forward to him getting out here.

I knew (what he had been doing) was going to be good enough to surprise a lot of people. I'm definitely happy for him."

https://www.cbssport...h-61-on-sunday/

#177 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,290 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:37 AM

This public hearings get underway at 7 p.m. at municipal hall, 770 Vernon Ave. with the first hearing for a temporary use permit for 450 Creed Rd. Goodwill Investments, owners of the Highland Pacific Golf Course and some neighbouring properties on Creed Road, applied to the District of Saanich for the temporary use permit. The permit would be a means to test out storing boats, RVs and, trailers owned by residents of apartments or small lots as part of a proposed business on the property.

https://www.vicnews....ary-use-permit/

#178 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,290 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 03:26 AM

Dear Highland Pacific Golf Guests and Staff,

It is with much regret that as of 9:00 p.m. March 23rd, 2020 our clubhouse and golf course at Highland Pacific Golf will be closed until further notice in order to help fight the spread of COVID-19. The health and safety of our guests and staff are top priority so we will ask for your patience in staying away from the course until this public health emergency is under control.

#179 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,290 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 05:19 AM

The numbered company owes the Criddles $3.36 million plus interest of more than $12,000 monthly, the documents show.

Pettinger said when the company failed to come up with the final payment in December 2019, the Criddles moved to foreclose.

The court documents paint a picture of an asset that was left to rot.

In their court application, the Criddle family noted that after the 2017 sale the new buyers revoked golf memberships, closed the curling rink and stopped doing maintenance on the golf course, equipment and landscaping.

The buyers, who agreed to pay $4.8 million for the property, claimed the intention was to invest in the golf course and operations, but a key player, a Chinese investor referred to as Mr. Ling, disappeared before the deal could be completed, court documents say.

https://www.timescol...ared-1.24224985

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 22 October 2020 - 05:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users