Photo

[Langford] Cineplex Odeon Westshore Cinemas | 7 screens | Built - completed in 2011

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:41 AM

^And one projectionist handling many screens so it's not like labour costs are out of control.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#62 Fairbanks

Fairbanks
  • 553 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:59 AM

Took a look around inside the lobby area yesterday. Very nicely finished inside. I was really impressed A lot bigger on the inside. Exterior is misleading. Much classier than Silvercity when it opened.

Silvercity has looked pretty beaten up for years now. But that says alot about the management there.

Here's hoping that Westshore Cineplex will be able to keep things in tip top shape in the years to come.

#63 Fairbanks

Fairbanks
  • 553 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:45 PM

Took a look around inside the lobby area yesterday. Very nicely finished inside. I was really impressed A lot bigger on the inside. Exterior is misleading. Much classier than Silvercity when it opened.

Silvercity has looked pretty beaten up for years now. But that says alot about the management there.

Here's hoping that Westshore Cineplex will be able to keep things in tip top shape in the years to come.

No doubt the money saved on repairs and paint etc...benefits managements' year-end bonuses by keeping operating costs down.

#64 sirswithin

sirswithin
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:33 PM

From what I hear, the manager of the new cineplex is the former manager of Silver City. Whether that's a good thing or not remains to be seen.

#65 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

Reported at our West Shore Facebook page:

I have it on good authority that Caprice is closing and that Dollar Giant will be renting the space...

(edited for anonymity)

...I will be sad to see the Caprice close, also the rent has gone up on every building rennovation that has happend on Goldstream.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#66 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

This was reported last week the complex is under a major renovation right now

#67 Fairbanks

Fairbanks
  • 553 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

From what I hear, the manager of the new cineplex is the former manager of Silver City. Whether that's a good thing or not remains to be seen.

If it's the same guy then probably not a good thing.

#68 Nostalgic Victoria

Nostalgic Victoria
  • 162 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

I have it on good authority that Caprice is closing and that Dollar Giant will be renting the space...

(edited for anonymity)

...I will be sad to see the Caprice close, also the rent has gone up on every building rennovation that has happend on Goldstream.

Just sounds to me like rumor-mongering from that site, and I'm not one to take stock in rumors.

I went to the Caprice back in 2008 to see The Spiderwick Chronicles when it played there. Okay movie, but what impressed me about the Caprice was how each auditorium is decorated on the inside, nicely done compared with the Cap 6 or the downtown Odeon's seven screens. Compared with that, I saw that photo of one of the screens at the Cineplex Westshore in the news section and it looks a bit plain and black-box-like for my taste.

#69 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

The Caprice theatre in Langford is being evicted according to their FB page.

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#70 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

lol! Probably noise complaints

#71 bluefox

bluefox

ex-Victorian

• 697 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:38 PM

Ehhh, the term "evicted" implies something negative, though. The landlord has terminated the lease and given notice. It's not like they're being kicked out for not paying rent, doing drugs, etc. ;)

(Not the owner of, nor am I associated with, the Blue Fox Café, in any way.)

#72 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

Ya, I think we reported this 6 months ago.  They denied it at the time, or course.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#73 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

Last day today for the Caprice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users