Photo

Shark Club

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:17 PM

Tiny bit off topic...do you think that a potential employer can advertise a position with the caveat that the potential employee shall not smoke?

No human rights protection for smokers although most smokers seem to think that there is!

Lots of businesses will not hire smokers.

#42 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:14 AM

I won $4376.35 in wings yesterday.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#43 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:42 AM

Going to need help eating those?

#44 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:46 AM

VV wing party coming up?

#45 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:47 AM

1 order per day for a year.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#46 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 28 November 2014 - 09:09 AM

1 order per day for a year.

Weight gain in 3...2...

• Mike K. likes this

#47 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:24 AM

You're going to get a lot of friend requests on Facebook now...

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#48 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:44 AM

You know... the food and drink at Shark is the same as any old place.  But yesterday, I started thinking, you know, some women will not want to come here.  Every bit of advertising, every page of the menu has women on it.  Nothing wrong with that at all, but if they want to be all Hooters's, why not go all in?  At 4:30pm there were about 100 people there, customers, and only 4 were female.

#49 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:47 PM

^ How more "all-in" could they go?  

#50 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:52 PM

^ How more "all-in" could they go?  

Change the name to Girlzzzz or something.  

#51 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:53 PM

Ahh, make it even classier, you mean...

• Nparker and LocalMom like this

#52 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 02:28 PM

You know... the food and drink at Shark is the same as any old place.  But yesterday, I started thinking, you know, some women will not want to come here.  Every bit of advertising, every page of the menu has women on it.  Nothing wrong with that at all, but if they want to be all Hooters's, why not go all in?  At 4:30pm there were about 100 people there, customers, and only 4 were female.

Well, well, well.  Every bit of their advertising featuring attractive females with ample cleavage has disappeared. Night and day.

I'm having some free wings now, and it's odd, it's all gone.  Except my bartender, she's keeping the spirit alive lol.

#53 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 29 September 2015 - 02:35 PM

How many orders of wings have you had since winning?

#54 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 02:37 PM

God, I forgot about the free wings. I noticed VHF was looking manly, healthy and robust last time I saw him Almost Hemingway-esque.

#55 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 02:37 PM

How many orders of wings have you had since winning?

At best maybe 12.  I've certainly been their model winner.

#56 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 02:39 PM

^^ I heard he planned to loose 10 pounds this year and he has 15 pounds to go.
  • lanforod likes this

#57 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:49 AM

I don't mind the tatas but the first and last time I ate at the Shark Club in the Sandman I spent the night at VGH on an IV.  Seems my stomach doesn't like pink burgers.

#58 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:01 AM

I don't mind the tatas but the first and last time I ate at the Shark Club in the Sandman I spent the night at VGH on an IV. Seems my stomach doesn't like pink burgers.

You had a burger there allergy tainted with E. coli (that's what pink burgers might have, "hamburger disease") in the day and spent that night in hospital? Those two are unrelated based on that time frame.  E. coli symptoms will not kick in for 48 hours.

• Rob Randall likes this

#59 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:28 AM

You had a burger there allergy tainted with E. coli in the day and spent that night in hospital? Those two are unrelated based on that time frame.

Thanks doctor Phil.  I would guess the burger was eaten sometime between 730 and 9pm, but it's been a good 10 years at least since it happened so I can't recall exactly when.  I went to the hospital sometime around 2-3am after suffering for a few hours before that.  It was especially memorable because my mom told me to sleep it off and I tried and eventually had to call my girlfriend to give me a ride to the hospital because mom wouldn't take me.

I also had a similar experience with a seafood pizza from that Italian place that used to be at the corner of North Dairy and Shelbourne.  I was not sad to see it turn into a Mexican restaurant and now a liquor store.

• Matt R. likes this

#60 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:32 AM

E. coli takes closer to 48 hours, a pink burger is not what you got your illness from.  

I just don't think it's fair to blame Shark here on a public forum for an illness you claim to be their fault, when the evidence does not even come close to matching.

Seafood could have E. coli (same time span), or other issues.

You seem to get sick a lot after eating at restaurants, you also might have a weakened immune system in some way.

• Rob Randall likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users