Latest VV Article

Victoria International Airport “Q&A” with President & CEO Geoff Dickson

VibrantVictoria’s question-and-answer special feature with the president and CEO of the Victoria Airport Authority answers a series of questions relating to the Victoria International Airport (YYJ) as posed by members of VibrantVictoria’s discussion forum. The questions focus on marketing the airport, flights and airlines, and airport infrastructure. [Read more]

Photo

Teaopia | Victoria | 600-block of Fort St.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 8,829 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:19 PM

I tried this place out on Sunday. It's in the old Artevo gallery shop at 616 Fort in the Bay Centre.

Basically, you're confronted with a giant wall of tea buckets. You choose your blend and they steep if for you in a big glass mug.

Unless you know exactly what you want it's a bit intimidating choosing among the dozens of flavours. I recommend asking the clerk for a recommendation based on your preferences.

I didn't notice if they served drip coffee. If your tea break partner isn't in the mood for tea you'd best continue elsewhere.

I enjoyed the tea and the surroundings and would definitely recommend it but I'm not sure the maximum selection of tea and minimum selection of anything else is a long-term winner.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#2 Sparky

Sparky

Super Duper Moderator

• 6,006 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:50 PM

^ Thanks Holden, I like a nice cuppa, especially on a blustery fall day. There is/was another tea shop higher up on Fort where the selections were massive. You could smell the shop three doors away from the sidewalk.

#3 masiyou

masiyou
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:06 PM

This is the only place in town I've found decent Tie Guanyin tea but it seems overpriced at 4.25 a cup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users