Photo

CRD Weekly Water Watch 2010-present: Sooke & Goldstream lakes CRD reservoir levels

• Please log in to reply
748 replies to this topic

#141 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

No way Jose :)

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#142 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:02 PM

At 86 %

https://www.crd.bc.c...r-weekly-photos

1.jpg?sfvrsn=2

#143 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:31 AM

Can CRD water restrictions be far behind?

Dry conditions force severe water restrictions for Cowichan Region

District officials say the water reserve is at about 60 per cent of normal right now. If hot dry conditions continue into the fall, they worry Cowichan River could dry up.

http://www.cfax1070....estrictions-for

#144 Coreyburger

Coreyburger
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:39 AM

Can CRD water restrictions be far behind?

Automatic watering restrictions have already been in place for months. Given our reservoir is still  85%+, we should be fine. The CVRD situation is more complicated than ours (more users of the same water source, etc.)

#145 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:08 AM

Water in duncan comes out of aquifers thrrr are pump station throughout the region the river is close to dried up on the upstream side of the silver bridge

#146 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:09 AM

The crofton pulp / paper mill takes a massive amount of water out of the river on a continual basis via their pipeline

Edited by History Buff, 01 August 2014 - 08:09 AM.

#147 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:28 PM

Here we go again...we saved a way too much water.

The Regional Water Supply Commission is being asked to approve a budget that will raise the wholesale price of water of water next year by 4 1/3 per cent. 

The new price would be 62.54 cents per cubic metre, up from 59.94

http://www.cfax1070....n-four-per-cent

#148 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:51 PM

Its a good thing that pipe broke on Burnside spewing out close to 2 million gallons otherwise the price would have gone up more

• Nparker and Bingo like this

#149 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:55 PM

I say it tops up tomorrow.

#150 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:02 PM

Dec 3: 84.7% full

Dec 11: 91.5% full

https://www.crd.bc.c...r-weekly-photos

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#151 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:23 AM

Topped up.

#152 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:41 AM

Thanks Victoria!  All the water you saved by being prudent with water use last summer is now being poured over the top of the reservoir and directly into the ocean.

Cfax1070:   Frank Stanford's comment Tues Jan 6 '14

I'm going to hazard a guess that water is once again flowing over the dam, out of Sooke Lake, into the river, and on  down to the ocean, by this morning. 

If not today, certainly by the end of this week.

As of December 28, according to CRD data, the Sooke reservoir was 98.8 per cent full. 

If it wasn't so infuriating it would be funny. 

Doubling the insult is the fact that in order to achieve this annual absurdity, the ideologues who run our water district for us jacked up the price of water again last year., and will do so again this year, so that each litre we dump over the dam this winter is more expensive waste than it was a year ago. 

Happy New Year.

This is Frank Stanford

• Nparker and Bingo like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#153 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:39 AM

Frank Stanford, a true news man. His take on issues is bang on.

Tax payers should be frothing at the mouth over rising water rates but instead we're focused on the deer cull. I don't get it.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#154 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:45 AM

Frank Stanford, a true news man. His take on issues is bang on.

It's one of his peeves, for sure.  Of course, he also wants the government to regulate gasoline pump prices too.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#155 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:46 AM

Of course, he also wants the government to regulate gasoline pump prices too.

And bring back photo radar...

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#156 Mr Cook Street

Mr Cook Street
  • 942 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:49 AM

Water is still incredibly cheap. Of all the things that we get dinged for, I doubt water is very high on many lists.

#157 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:58 AM

Water is still incredibly cheap. Of all the things that we get dinged for, I doubt water is very high on many lists.

The point is that in essence we are having to pay for water that is NOT being used. That's wrong no matter how cheap it is.

#158 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:01 PM

Aren't we paying more to feel better about our collective selves because we are "saving" water?

#159 Mr Cook Street

Mr Cook Street
  • 942 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:06 PM

The point is that in essence we are having to pay for water that is NOT being used. That's wrong no matter how cheap it is.

I'd rather water be priced appropriately to encourage people to save water for when we have a bad year or for when the population is significantly larger in the CRD. Better to have people opting for the low flow options right from the start.

I don't really see how we are paying for water that is not being used. It is a consumption tax. We pay for use. 

#160 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:15 PM

I'd rather water be priced appropriately to encourage people to save water for when we have a bad year or for when the population is significantly larger in the CRD. Better to have people opting for the low flow options right from the start.

I don't really see how we are paying for water that is not being used. It is a consumption tax. We pay for use. 

We do pay for use, but through water conservation that the CRD pushed, the CRD is now telling us we're conserving too much and they are therefore increasing our water rates to keep their bloated self in the black. I think most would agree that's pretty hokey.

• Nparker and snub like this

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users