• Please log in to reply
320 replies to this topic

#21 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:28 PM

What PIN issue?

Registered party members (like myself) should have received a letter in the mail this week with a PIN for online or phone voting tomorrow.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#22 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:21 PM

Registered party members (like myself) should have received a letter in the mail this week with a PIN for online or phone voting tomorrow.

I find no pleasure in saying how will you feel when tomorrow night's election is completed without you...

#23 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:34 PM

I find no pleasure in saying how will you feel when tomorrow night's election is completed without you...

Late-breaking news, mine arrived by late mail-person. :)

I'm in, and can vote at 5am. ;)

I'm among only 90,000 BCers that get to decide our next Premier.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#24 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:35 AM

Well that's more than voted for the last one. Please try and get it right this time; though I do pity your choices.

#25 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:42 AM

Sort of like 10,000 Victorians voting to fund the new bridge.

#26 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:49 AM

When you have 2/3 rds of your membership sign up in two weeks and largely at the behest of a few dozen people, I think that your 90,000 decision makers is a little high!

#27 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:40 AM

Sort of like 10,000 Victorians voting to fund the new bridge.

Not at all. 10,000 Victorians voting on the bridge referendum must equal at least 15% of all elliglble to vote. 90,000 choosing the new premier must be less than 5% of elligible voters across BC.

#28 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:04 AM

Not at all. 10,000 Victorians voting on the bridge referendum must equal at least 15% of all elliglble to vote. 90,000 choosing the new premier must be less than 5% of elligible voters across BC.

But you are not eligible to vote if you are not a party member. I suspect voter "turnout" will be well over 85%.

#29 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:42 PM

Christy Clark is the new Premier of BC

#30 YOYO

YOYO
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:18 PM

It's a dark day for B.C.

#31 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:22 PM

Why? What's so wrong with her being Premier?

#32 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,601 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:48 PM

What's wrong with her indeed. I'd certainly take CC over Adrian Dix and some of the hard core Left supporting his campaign. Besides Christy has a better haircut than Kevin Falcon....

#33 fiberoptic

fiberoptic
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:50 PM

She's a leftwing member of the left wing Federal Liberal party, who is fighting the NDP for the same voters.

And the fact that she had the support of only one MLA, a backbencher.

Like it or not, she will divide the coalition, thanks to her lifelong tax and spend indoctrination.

She's the best thing that could happen to the NDP

:confused:

#34 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:27 PM

Christy Clark is the new Premier of BC

Premier-elect; she has not yet been sworn in by the Lieutenant Governor. Also who thinks she should push Gordon Campbell out of his Vancouver-Point Grey seat so that she can become an MLA? You gotta love a democracy where your new Premier has not been voted into parliament by the electorate at large.

#35 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:17 PM

She's a leftwing member of the left wing Federal Liberal party, who is fighting the NDP for the same voters.

And the fact that she had the support of only one MLA, a backbencher.

Like it or not, she will divide the coalition, thanks to her lifelong tax and spend indoctrination.

She's the best thing that could happen to the NDP

:confused:

Kevin Falcon would have been the best thing for the ndp. It would have been a case of meet the new boss, same as the old boss - and we all know shat would have happened if Gordo stuck around.

#36 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:25 AM

Premier-elect; she has not yet been sworn in by the Lieutenant Governor. Also who thinks she should push Gordon Campbell out of his Vancouver-Point Grey seat so that she can become an MLA? You gotta love a democracy where your new Premier has not been voted into parliament by the electorate at large.

Our voting system is not like the USA, its comparable to the British system. You vote for your representative for your riding and they in turn vote for a leader of their party, you have no direct say in the leader.

However that being said, most folks dont vote for their local MLA or MP when they reach the ballot box, all they see in their mind is the leader of the party.

#37 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:43 AM

Our voting system is not like the USA, its comparable to the British system. You vote for your representative for your riding and they in turn vote for a leader of their party, you have no direct say in the leader.

Yes I understand that. What "irks" me, is that the new leader becomes premier without even being elected as an MLA.

#38 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:38 AM

Yes I understand that. What "irks" me, is that the new leader becomes premier without even being elected as an MLA.

How about the fact that we have a premier who didn't even want to be an MLA!

#39 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:13 AM

I agree, there should be a rule that a replacement Premier 'must be a sitting member'

#40 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:17 PM

The best possible candidate won this, the one that will keep the NDP out.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users