258 replies to this topic

#201 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,116 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

It's still a lot better than the worst bathroom in Scotland

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=IJrWlHRT-18

I kind of think doubling the size of the pub would affect the traffic in the bathroom, even though people (well myself anyway) don't generally spend a lot of time in there.

#202 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:10 AM

That's just plain wrong.  :)

#203 OSJ

OSJ
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

VHF, the new space with its high ceilings, lots of exposed windows and wood floors made the extra noise. that and all the extra people in here.  I have ordered some acoustic panels that will hang from the ceilin, they should be here any day. i put one of my managers on it months ago.

Mike.K, I have some ideas for a name. Once i decide i will let you all know. LOL

VicBooster and Sdwright.vic,  We talked about renoing the washrooms mnths ago, but the new bar has bumped that work.  The trough will however stay.

Eskimo Dave, there are so many beers availible its crazy, from canada, us and craft euro imports.

hope this answers some questions, im pretty busy these days with Garrick's Head, the new bar, and Victoria Beer Week thats only 6.5 weeks away

• Mike K. likes this
Paving the way for beer bars on the island!

#204 OSJ

OSJ
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:02 PM

I know have a live up to date draught list online. it is what you see on my screen behind the bar. when we change it there it changes online. its mobile friendly as well.

www.garrickshead.com

full new website coming soon. this is just the first step.

thanks to The Number for doing a great job in not much time.

still some tweeking over the next couple days.

Edited by OSJ, 20 February 2014 - 09:03 PM.

#205 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

Like the website! Hope the screen behind the bar has been updated to look more like this. I wasn't a fan of the leaves or the fonts on the screen before (preferred the original chalkboard to be honest), but love the bar and selection!  :cheers:

#206 OSJ

OSJ
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:29 AM

the screen now shows the website. the phone version doesn't have the video of bubbles though. helps it load faster on phones.

#207 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

the new bar im working on now will have another 50 beer taps, with no duplicates with the pub.

OSJ, can you give us any updates on this and a potential opening date? Looking forward to seeing the draft lineup and what you've done with the place. Thanks!

#208 OSJ

OSJ
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:55 AM

where to start? LOL

as for opening date, i would like it to be in June. I have a application in with the city to move a Liquor primary license i have in the building and change it from 30 seats to 90.

it will have booth seats all along the long wall, and the actual wood bar is 4 feet longer then the garricks head bar. I will focus on Draught, wine and whiskey. the Eats menu will be small and mostly share type things.  this new bar will be a cool spot downtown like no other.

#209 OSJ

OSJ
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

here is a quick shot from this morning, booths in between all the columns . we moved the wall back and stole some space from the lobby. LOL

Attached Images

• 1064568_10153955117100327_284227840_o.jpg

• G-Man, thundergun and Ben like this

#210 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

How about adding a local cider, such as Merridale when the new bar opens? I don't much care for Strongbow and that ilk.

BTW, might want to update many of the WWW links to Garricks, it still takes you to the Bedford Hotel site and pre-makeover photos of the pub - even implies The Ledge is still open.

#211 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:29 PM

we moved the wall back and stole some space from the lobby. LOL

Nice! Are those walls going to go up to the ceiling to create a more enclosed space or will it be open as it was when Cafe Artigiano was there?

I'm assuming the liquor license application is being moved from the Ledge? I'm guessing that area will remain vacant at least until the yet to be named bar is up and running.

#212 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:15 AM

Council gave the green light to the liquor license move/change.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#213 OSJ

OSJ
  • 311 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:08 PM

Yep, that happened last thursday. the 30 seat  liquor primary lic from the ledge is being moved down and expanded to 90 seats. I still have 70 seats of food primary up on the mezanine level.

The walls in the coffee shop were 4 feet, then 4 feet of glass.

the walls we just built are 12 feet. and we took 3 more feet from the lobby.

I am in the process of building our very own web site for the Garricks. its at

www.garrickshead.com

right now it has the up to the min. draught list.

no meridale at this time, i will have Dukes witch is from the interior.  there will be no duplicate beer lines.

the Hotel is getting a  new site as well.

#214 OSJ

OSJ
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:31 PM

So the new space will be called The Churchill, it's coming along nicely. Working on the draught line up, wine & whiskey line ups now.

Hopefully have some FB and twitter stuff going soon.

#215 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:39 PM

From April 30th. Nice outdoor seating. :cheers:

IMG_5275.JPG

#216 OSJ

OSJ
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:19 AM

thanks, it was a great weekend.  I have all new umbrellas coming tomorrow.

#217 gkz

gkz
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:20 AM

My friends and I were entertained for half an hour by a mouse running around in the old part of Garrick's Head. I've never seen a mouse inside of an establishment in Victoria before (while there are people around!), so that's a first.

#218 OSJ

OSJ
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:02 PM

they are everywhere. if there is any kind of construction downtown its worse. health inspector was in this week and gave a flying colors report. our pest controll service does their best.

#219 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:17 PM

Ya, no place esp. downtown is free of them, ask anyone that works in a kitchen at any restaurant.  If you practise good cleaning and food storage, your pest control guys keeps them to a minimum.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#220 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

Guess the location of this rodent trap:

IMAG1423.jpg

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users