1011 Burdett
Uses: condo, townhome
Address: 1011 Burdett Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 4
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
1011 Burdett (formerly known as The 1011) is a four storey, 32 condo and four townhome development situated in... (view full profile)
Learn more about 1011 Burdett on Citified.ca
Photo

[Fairfield] 1011 Burdett | 32 condos; 4 townhomes | Completed - built in 2015

Condo

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#41 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:29 PM

Oh wow, you don't say. Thanks for bringing us up to speed here.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#42 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:36 PM

Bit of an update for anyone else who may have been considering buying here. I sent an email requesting more info about the 1 bedroom units and got the following reply:

"Thanks for your email. Recently, due to changing market conditions and to meet an increasing demand Mountain West Properties has decided that 1011 Burdett will now be offered as high end rental accommodation when complete later this year. As a result these homes will no longer be offered for sale. Developer is in the process of updating website and signage to reflect this."

Huh, interesting.  Well, if you can pull it off...

I think the brick is overdone.  Too much.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#43 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:59 PM

What, no welcome for Art after providing that info?

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#44 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:07 PM

What, no welcome for Art after providing that info?

Oh dear, did not notice.  WELCOME ART!    :1954_dancing:

And as always, we REALLY enjoy new members that come bearing gifts (great information).   :rtfm:

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#45 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:47 PM

Very interesting change in use on this project!

"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#46 ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:19 PM

Haha thanks all...I've been lurking for a while (in the market for a condo) but figured since I had some news I should contribute.

• Mike K. likes this

#47 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:42 PM

Looks they purchased a handful of properties in order to make up 1011 Burdett. Perhaps they paid too much for the land and their prices that rolled over were just too high?

Attached Images

• Screenshot 2014-10-13 21.40.07.png

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#48 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:35 AM

IMG_1423.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#49 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:42 AM

I still say THAT'S A LOT OF BRICK.

#50 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:00 AM

Windows seem quite small, but I really do love the look of it. 

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#51 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,398 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:31 AM

Nice finishing details. :) Clearly this was not intended to be a rental at the design stage.

#52 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:55 AM

I think it fits well into the neighbourhood.

• Nparker and Mixed365 like this
Don't be so sure.:cool:

#53 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:32 AM

I still say THAT'S A LOT OF BRICK.

Haven't spent much time in the east? There are whole neighbourhoods filled with brick buildings like these in places like Montreal, Chicago, Ottawa, TO, NYC etc. It's all about what you're used to.

• Nparker likes this

#54 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:58 AM

Im sure this is a very high quality project, but I have a feeling they may have switched to rentals because they weren't selling. Just not what the market wanted I guess. 

- Jane Jacobs 

#55 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:02 PM

Haven't spent much time in the east? There are whole neighbourhoods filled with brick buildings like these in places like Montreal, Chicago, Ottawa, TO, NYC etc. It's all about what you're used to.

Ya, and I really like them.  Just somehow this one does not strike my fancy.

#56 mysage

mysage
  • 515 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:20 PM

Im sure this is a very high quality project, but I have a feeling they may have switched to rentals because they weren't selling. Just not what the market wanted I guess. 

I think you are right. We went through their show office in the hearitage house on Mclure and I thought that they were way too expensive for what was being offered. They were nice, but really average finishings with very small suites at top of the local market prices per sq ft seems to have equalled no sales. I think they misjudged the desire for people to live in that area and pay a premium to do so.

#57 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,398 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:38 PM

... I think they misjudged the desire for people to live in that area and pay a premium to do so.

So what do they think people are willing to pay to RENT in that area?

#58 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:50 PM

I think you are right. We went through their show office in the hearitage house on Mclure and I thought that they were way too expensive for what was being offered. They were nice, but really average finishings with very small suites at top of the local market prices per sq ft seems to have equalled no sales. I think they misjudged the desire for people to live in that area and pay a premium to do so.

Do you recall what the price per sq. ft. was?

- Jane Jacobs 

#59 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:04 AM

That's another no seller for them. And their Vic West office proposal never got off the ground.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#60 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:52 AM

That's another no seller for them. And their Vic West office proposal never got off the ground.

Are you speaking about Harbour Landing? Really? No activity there at all?

- Jane Jacobs 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users