Latest VV Article

Pre-sale condo buying tips to save you money, time and disappointment

One of the things so many buyers enjoy most about pre-sale condo purchases is the anticipation. Unlike buying a completed home, a pre-sale purchase oftentimes affords a buyer more choice, additional time to save money for a down payment, and the thrill of watching a new home rise from the ground.

However, what is presented on paper or through computer generated visuals may not always be what the finished product will look like. And in some cases completed units may present surprises that some buyers will wish they had known about prior to settling on a specific unit. [Read more]

Photo

Bin Laden Dead?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Bingo

Bingo
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

CNN reports Bin Laden is Dead
http://edition.cnn.com/

"I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance" - Socrates

#2 gumgum

gumgum
  • 6,345 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:29 PM

I have trouble believing he was even a real person sometimes.

#3 Bingo

Bingo
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:34 PM

President Obama to address the media. The US have the body?

#4 dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds
  • 201 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:21 PM

Na na na na na na na na hey hey hey goodbye!

#5 Sparky

Sparky

Super Duper Moderator

• 6,209 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:31 PM

I have trouble believing he was even a real person sometimes.

He reminds me of my first wife... :)

#6 spanky123

spanky123
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:40 PM

Apparently he has been living in a mansion outside the capital of Pakistan for the past 6 years. Couldn't have been looking too hard for him!

#7 Baro

Baro
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:33 PM

It's going to be great not having all that pointless security theatre anymore! I feel a little bad for all the useless security companies cozy with the government that are going to lose out now that we don't need them due to terrorism being over.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#8 spanky123

spanky123
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:48 AM

It's going to be great not having all that pointless security theatre anymore! I feel a little bad for all the useless security companies cozy with the government that are going to lose out now that we don't need them due to terrorism being over.

You think? I guess that means we will be bringing our troops home from Afghanistan now as well!

#9 spanky123

spanky123
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:49 AM

Media sources now reporting that the US apparently dumped OBL's body at sea.

I guess that means we are going to be seeing Elvis and Jimmy like sitings now for the next 50 years.

#10 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 19,749 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:23 AM

Media says he was shot in the face, and now he's been dumped at sea? Are there photos that prove his identity?

Skyscraper Source Media Inc.

July 15, 2014: [Mayor] Fortin told C-FAX's Bruce Williams that he expects the [Johnson Street Bridge] project to be completed "on time and on budget."

#11 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 10,494 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:53 AM

Well they did take DNA samples to prove it and I expect that the sea burial was to prevent a shrine like locale.
Density Fanboy

#12 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:02 AM

Time was running out as no country was willing to host his grave yet Muslim custom dictates burial within 24 hours.

#13 sebberry

sebberry

Super Moderator

• 10,327 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:10 AM

Is he dead? If so was he actually killed yesterday or several years ago? An at-sea burrial a few hours after they killed him seems awfully suspicious. You'd think the Americans would want to dissect his brain to see if he possesses the evil gene. Maybe cart his body around on a dolly for the world to see like Hannibal Lecter.

Is this more fearmongering in an effort to take more rights away and beef up security? The US media has been pretty quick to report a strong probability of retaliation and extra security is needed, perhaps conditioning the American people into accepting more pat downs and strip searches at airports and train stations?

One thing's for sure, I'm going back to watch the puppy cam.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#14 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:40 AM

It definitely went down yesterday. This guy inadvertently tweeted the events of last night, starting with a rare 1 am appearance of an unknown helicopter.

http://blogs.wsj.com...n-laden-attack/

#15 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 1,096 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:48 AM

Unless you are intimtely involved in the covert intelligence community, and I have a few contacts in that area both here and in the US, no one can say for certain that anything "definitely" happened.

Well orchestrated disinformation campaigns are well known, tried and true intelligence tactics; and if you don't think that includes so-called New Media tools like Twitter then I have some beach front property in Nome that you may be interested in. At this point whether he died years ago as claimed by some, or yesterday in a firefight with Navy SEAL's, about all anyone outside of the immediate intel community can say for certain, is that he is dead.

#16 sebberry

sebberry

Super Moderator

• 10,327 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:49 AM

A computer geek in the mountains heard a chopper crash.

That right there is stone cold proof that Bin Laden was killed in that attack.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#17 sebberry

sebberry

Super Moderator

• 10,327 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:50 AM

Unless you are intimtely involved in the covert intelligence community, and I have a few contacts in that area both here and in the US, no one can say for certain that anything "definitely" happened.

Well orchestrated disinformation campaigns are well known, tried and true intelligence tactics; and if you don't think that includes so-called New Media tools like Twitter then I have some beach front property in Nome that you may be interested in. At this point whether he died years ago as claimed by some, or yesterday in a firefight with Navy SEAL's, about all anyone outside of the immediate intel community can say for certain, is that he is dead.

I knew I should have joined the Masons years ago :P

#18 sebberry

sebberry

Super Moderator

• 10,327 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:54 AM

We haven't had proof of life for several years now, that I can remember. Could that be part of a cover-up too? Probably not, something would have leaked by now if there was a video of him.

But we have to ask, if he was killed several years ago, why only tell us now?

#19 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 1,096 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

Not only do you get neat info on intelligence matters Seb, you also get the inside dope on the "funny handshake" too....:D.

And if you really want to crank up your conspiracy paranoia, read NASA: Dark Mission. That'll twist your knickers in a knot.

As to the truth about Bin Laden - who knows? Offhand I can think of several advantages to the US intelligence and especially military communities in terms of keeping the lid on that if he indeed died some time ago as speculated by some. Think "funding".....

#20 Bingo

Bingo
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:58 AM

Maybe he was held at Guantanamo for years, and finally succumbed to whatever.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users