Canada Post issues and news in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
810 replies to this topic

#201 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

Sometimes sensitive materials like financial records have a "do not forward" note on the envelope.  Is there any chance these are originally going to your old office, and you have forwarding in effect that is not happening due to the notation?

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#202 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,509 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

No, all different senders from different addresses.

This personal mail going to the house, not the office. The address has not changed in a while.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#203 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

You're going to have to figure out a way to see what was written/stuck to the envelope. 

Surely someone in the mailrooms sending you the letters can scan it or something. 

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#204 LJ

LJ
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

Why don't you put a hold on your mail for a couple of weeks with instructions that you will pick it up at the local sorting station.

That way you would know if the particular item was making it that far, and you can proceed from there.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#205 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

You're going to have to figure out a way to see what was written/stuck to the envelope. 

Surely someone in the mailrooms sending you the letters can scan it or something. 

Ya, the lackies that have been calling you need to get ahold of those envelopes.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#206 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,509 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:20 PM

I don't think they can. They're calling from one place and the letters are coming from/being returned to another. And they're not calling wondering why the mail is being returned, they're calling asking why I haven't updated my mailing address and/or that I've missed some deadline or haven't paid a fee on time, etc. It's very frustrating.

@LJ, you know perhaps I should do that. Nobody at CP had suggested that as an option.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#207 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

I don't think they can. They're calling from one place and the letters are coming from/being returned to another. And they're not calling wondering why the mail is being returned, they're calling asking why I haven't updated my mailing address and/or that I've missed some deadline or haven't paid a fee on time, etc. It's very frustrating.

Someone at a higher paygrade than the lackie calling you needs to follow up.

#208 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

There's got to be a way you can get a hold of the institution's mail center.  Someone somewhere should be able to give you the number of the supervisor running the show.

Any chance you can talk to your letter carrier?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#209 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:25 PM

It's as though all of my banking and financial mail is ending up at the wrong address and someone is sending it back (you'd think they would have the courtesy to just drop it in my mailbox, right?). What else could this be?

No.  I constantly saw mail being returned at my building that clearly was just meant to go next door.  Nobody walked it over.  But I'm guessing the mailman the next day would just place it at the right place, not return it.

#210 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,509 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

There's even a note in the sorting centre asking whoever does the route that day (the regular carrier is off the job due to an injury and replacement carriers -- several of them -- have been handling the route) to keep an eye out for my address and be mindful of potential mix-ups with other addresses. I wonder if the replacement/part time carriers filling in for her are just that negligent?

I'm not even going to bother asking for someone at Amex or whatever to figure out what's written on the envelope. They deal with tens of thousands of letters coming and going all day every day.

Quite honestly if this wasn't causing so many serious problems I'd find this all rather comedic. How can Canada Post be screwing up this badly month after month after month?

Know it all.

#211 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:28 PM

I'm not even going to bother asking for someone at Amex or whatever to figure out what's written on the envelope. They deal with tens of thousands of letters coming and going all day every day.

I think you should give it a shot.  Returned mail is probably being kept somewhere, hence why they're calling you for an updated address. 

#212 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

I'm guessing they are not chucking the envelopes right away.

#213 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,509 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

Ok you've convinced me. I'll call these guys up and see if they can recover returned mail.

Know it all.

#214 cakeman

cakeman
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:08 PM

A few years back the carrier on our route decided we didnt live there any more..

For no good reason.. the box was emptied each and every day etc.. we just stopped getting mail.

Didnt really notice for a while as the box was shared with our landlord upstairs..

Then I got a phone call from Shaw 'So.. When were you planning on paying us?'

After several phone calls and going up n down the phone tree at CP.. they found that the carrier had put a note on the route that we didnt live there.. they couldnt tell us how or why .. just that he did it... and was returning all our mail to sender.

----

On another note.. man is CP's website falling apart.  I didnt think much of it a few months ago when I was trying to track down some info on a package I was to receive and kept getting '404' dead page links when trying to navigate their site.. but then yesterday I was trying to discover the limitations on Surface Parcel to Australia and it was damn near impossible.. Every link I clicked (when I could even find something that looked like it might be useful) was 404.. finally hit upon the right combination of belly-rubbing and head-patting and dancing about on one foot to find the right page..

.. and then couldnt find it again 15 mins later.. hah.

cakes..

#215 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:40 PM

We've had no mail service for 4 days now.  Anyone care?

#216 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,509 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

Luckily I should get most of the mail I'm anticipating tomorrow.

Know it all.

#217 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

Any luck calling the senders of the returned mail?

#218 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,509 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

Nope, that didn't work.

I'm starting to think someone on my route is purposefully rejecting the mail as per cake's experience.

Know it all.

#219 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:21 PM

Just wait a little longer, Mike.  There's still hope:

http://news.ca.msn.c...p-45-years-late

Calgary woman gets letter with 6-cent stamp 45 years late

A Calgary woman received a letter in the mail 45 years after it was posted.

The letter, mailed in 1969 from Lethbridge, was recently delivered to Anne Tingle’s new home in Calgary, wrapped in a plastic and cardboard with an apology from Canada Post for the damaged condition.

[...]

• Mike K. likes this

#220 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

We've had no mail service for 4 days now.  Anyone care?

I was talking to my assistant and she is telling me now that postage rates have increased my corporate creditors are phoning us asking if we would like to receive invoices by email.  On top of that we have been paying a lot of bills online.

10 years ago I think I personally stopped using the mail system and paid all bills online, etc and I can't remember the last time I mailed something.  Now it looks like my company won't even be using the mail system anymore

I think this postage increase is the nail in the coffin

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users