Photo

Office space and office building development in Greater Victoria/south Vancouver Island

• Please log in to reply
545 replies to this topic

#201 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:03 AM

I swear, some of y'all are averse to reading these articles for some reason. VHF says the paperboy is always late, LJ is afraid of viruses loading up when he logs onto Citified, and I don't even want to hear what aastra's excuse would be.

They'll be expanding their workforce. bcIMC's newly created QuadReal real-estate management company will
be bringing the management of their $18-billion real-estate holdings in-house, thus creating demand for many hundreds of trained professionals. Their investment arm will also be expanding.

Bentall Kennedy are their current real-estate management professionals.
  • Bingo likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#202 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:25 AM

97%* of comments on articles shared on social media are based on the headline alone, not the content.  It's hard to click and read it all.

• Nparker likes this

#203 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:28 AM

Mike, did you get an idea when this increase in employees is to take place? Obviously gradually, but will they be holding off on expansion until they're closer to moving into the new space? I know some people that could be interested in making the move over from elsewhere with this type of expertise.

#204 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:32 AM

They are actively listing job openings for a large swath of positions. QuadReal, which is Vancouver-based, can be contacted regarding Victoria jobs right now, i bet. They'll need a lot of experienced folks to fill positions.

bcIMC will be moving staff over from Selkirk in late 2017 and early 2018, and new hires will be filling roles as the company is able to secure them, relocate them, etc.

QuadReal's transition as manager of bcIMC's real-estate holdings should be complete by late this year or early next year.
  • thundergun likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#205 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:40 AM

They are actively listing job openings for a large swath of positions. QuadReal, which is Vancouver-based, can be contacted regarding Victoria jobs right now, i bet. They'll need a lot of experienced folks to fill positions.

bcIMC will be moving staff over from Selkirk in late 2017 and early 2018, and new hires will be filling roles as the company is able to secure them, relocate them, etc.

QuadReal's transition as manager of bcIMC's real-estate holdings should be complete by late this year or early next year.

12 jobs up for grabs now, all posted within the last week, none for Victoria though:

https://www.quadreal.../opportunities/

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#206 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:43 AM

bcIMC has posted 14 positions in the last few days.

Know it all.

#207 aastra

aastra
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:44 AM

You cut me deep, Mike.

#208 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:45 AM

bcIMC has posted 14 positions in the last few days.

https://careers.bcim...es_joblist.html

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#209 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:47 AM

Heck, even though I'm sure my current job is a better fit, I'm even interested in working in that amazing new building along the new bike path, especially with the deluxe bike cages and shower facilities.

#210 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,337 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:52 AM

Lots of IT positions. Tempting. No salary info, hmmf

#211 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,585 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:06 AM

bcIMC (IT) positions generally historically pay reasonably well, even for the Victoria market which for various reasons as we all know tends to pay less than larger business centres.

#212 LJ

LJ
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:03 PM

No virus Mike, but I got a hell of a rash.

• Mike K. likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#213 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:44 AM

Telus-Sky-Calgary-Citified.jpg
An artist's rendering of Telus Sky, a 58-storey mixed-use skyscraper currently under construction in Calgary. The project is one of several real-estate moves by the communications giant aimed at promoting its presence in key markets across western Canada.

TELUS looks to downtown Victoria for new office complex
http://victoria.citi...office-complex/

TELUS is seeking to consolidate its Capital City offices into a modern business hub in downtown Victoria, Citified has learned.

The Vancouver-based communications and healthcare technology giant has approached several development firms to assess near-term expansion opportunities in the city centre, a move that would see TELUS relocate some or all of its operations from an existing facility spanning the 800-blocks of Yates and Johnson streets. [Full article]

Know it all.

#214 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:37 AM

Take note that two office buildings will be materializing along Sooke Road between Jacklin and Happy Valley. One has been approved (four-storeys, 16,000 square feet) and the other is part of the following project.

Offices, apartments and Glen Lake Rd. realignment planned as part of Sooke Rd. dev
https://victoria.cit...f-sooke-rd-dev/

Big changes have been proposed at the nexus of Sooke, Glen Lake and Happy Valley roads in Langford.

Developer Oakcrest Park Estates is pursuing a mixed-use, high-density office, retail and residential development along the 2600 and 2700-blocks of Sooke Road that would yield three residential complexes, a commercial building and a realignment of Glen Lake Road.

All but two of Oakcrest’s holdings at 2682, 2684, 2686, 2696 and 2706 Sooke Road are currently vacant land. The duo of utilized parcels house a single commercial building per lot.

As part of the proposal, Glen Lake Road will be realigned to connect with Happy Valley Road at Sooke Road. A controlled four-way intersection would replace the current three-way intersection at Sooke Road and Happy Valley Road while doing away with Glen Lake Road’s uncontrolled connection to Sooke Road some 100 meters to the west. [Full article]

Know it all.

#215 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:15 AM

Esquimalt's Town Square development will include approximately 49,000 square feet of office space.

Construction begins on mixed-use office, retail and residential Esquimalt Town Square project

Know it all.

#216 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:18 AM

Construction-underway-for-Charter-Telecoms-West-Shore-office-complex-and-national-HQ.jpg

Crews demolish a commercial building at 2614 Sooke Road in preparation for construction of Charter Telecom's four-storey national headquarters complex. Photo dated April 2017.

Construction underway for Charter Telecom's West Shore office complex and national HQ
https://victoria.cit...nd-national-hq/

It may not be Amazon's next headquarters, but Metchosin-based Charter Telecom has begun construction of its new head office along the 2600-block of Sooke Road in Langford.

The four-storey, nearly 16,000 square foot facility will accommodate over 35 employees working in a state-of-the-art technology and innovation lab focused on the company’s telecommunications and network operations.

Situated west of the Sooke Road and Jacklin Road intersection at 2614 Sooke Road, the Charter Telecom building will be constructed to the energy-saving Passive House standard. A single-unit residential component and an event space will be situated on the top floor. Floors two and three will house offices and the company's lab, while the ground floor will provide covered parking and bicycle storage space. [Full article]

Know it all.

#217 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:42 AM

Even after googling Charter and cruising their website, it's hard to know what they do.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 13 May 2018 - 08:51 AM.

#218 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:44 AM

Computer network stuff.

Know it all.

#219 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 804 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:00 AM

A single-unit residential component and an event space will be situated on the top floor. Floors two and three will house offices and the company's lab, while the ground floor will provide covered parking and bicycle storage space.

One of these usages is not like the others. Seems an odd thing to tack on to what is otherwise an office building.

#220 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:08 AM

One of these usages is not like the others. Seems an odd thing to tack on to what is otherwise an office building.

Maybe it's just a place an out-of-town worker can crash.  Or someone that stays late.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users