Photo

Big Wheel Burger | Victoria: 341 Cook St and West Side Village | Saanich: Gateway Village

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#241 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 2,572 posts
  • LocationEsquimalt/Gorge

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:10 AM

/\.....sounds like it'll be worth at least one visit. Not at all a fan of Bin4, on any level, so I'm thinking it would be difficult for B-W to be any worse.

• Matt R. likes this

#242 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 34,984 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:41 AM

Bin4 and Big Wheel are very different burgers, the former being a restaurant-style massive burger and the latter a high-end fast-food burger. Both have very unique tastes and the presentation style is very different. I'm certainly a fan!

• tedward and 57WestHills like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#243 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:43 AM

Very good, fast food style.

I used to make a point of stopping in for lunch when I had a reason to go to cook st village.

Matt.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#244 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 357 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:35 PM

Bin4 and Big Wheel are very different burgers, the former being a restaurant-style massive burger and the latter a high-end fast-food burger. Both have very unique tastes and the presentation style is very different. I'm certainly a fan!

I've found recently that Bin 4 burgers have gotten quite a bit smaller...they're more restaurant style classy fusion burger now. The Pink Bicycle is definitely the king of the restaurant-style massive burger these days. Those things are YUGE. Fatburger has a pretty good burger size too. This coming from someone who frequents our fair city's burger joints on a regular basis.

#245 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 34,984 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:04 PM

Hmmm, you don't say? I agree that Pink Bicycle burgers are pretty yuge.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#246 sukika

sukika
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:41 PM

I would pick Big Wheel and Pink Bicycle over Bin4 any day. My last burger at Bin4 was dry and flavourless. I don't care how many fancy toppings are on my burger, the kitchen shoudl know how to cook the burger patty properly. 

#247 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 2,572 posts
  • LocationEsquimalt/Gorge

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:26 PM

I would pick Big Wheel and Pink Bicycle over Bin4 any day. My last burger at Bin4 was dry and flavourless. I don't care how many fancy toppings are on my burger, the kitchen shoudl know how to cook the burger patty properly. 

"Same". In addition I don't like a dining experience where I have to yell at the person directly sitting across from me as I've done on each of the 3 occasions I've been to the B4 location off Cloverdale. Also I wasn't impressed with the fries (twice undercooked) and, to my mind, their relatively limited appy menu......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users