Photo

Big Wheel Burger | Victoria: 341 Cook St and West Side Village | Saanich: Gateway Village

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#241 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 2,895 posts
  • LocationGorge

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:10 AM

/\.....sounds like it'll be worth at least one visit. Not at all a fan of Bin4, on any level, so I'm thinking it would be difficult for B-W to be any worse.

• Matt R. likes this

#242 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 37,284 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:41 AM

Bin4 and Big Wheel are very different burgers, the former being a restaurant-style massive burger and the latter a high-end fast-food burger. Both have very unique tastes and the presentation style is very different. I'm certainly a fan!

• tedward and 57WestHills like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#243 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:43 AM

Very good, fast food style.

I used to make a point of stopping in for lunch when I had a reason to go to cook st village.

Matt.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#244 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 730 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:35 PM

Bin4 and Big Wheel are very different burgers, the former being a restaurant-style massive burger and the latter a high-end fast-food burger. Both have very unique tastes and the presentation style is very different. I'm certainly a fan!

I've found recently that Bin 4 burgers have gotten quite a bit smaller...they're more restaurant style classy fusion burger now. The Pink Bicycle is definitely the king of the restaurant-style massive burger these days. Those things are YUGE. Fatburger has a pretty good burger size too. This coming from someone who frequents our fair city's burger joints on a regular basis.

#245 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 37,284 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:04 PM

Hmmm, you don't say? I agree that Pink Bicycle burgers are pretty yuge.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#246 sukika

sukika
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:41 PM

I would pick Big Wheel and Pink Bicycle over Bin4 any day. My last burger at Bin4 was dry and flavourless. I don't care how many fancy toppings are on my burger, the kitchen shoudl know how to cook the burger patty properly. 

• pennymurphy2000 likes this

#247 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 2,895 posts
  • LocationGorge

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:26 PM

I would pick Big Wheel and Pink Bicycle over Bin4 any day. My last burger at Bin4 was dry and flavourless. I don't care how many fancy toppings are on my burger, the kitchen shoudl know how to cook the burger patty properly. 

"Same". In addition I don't like a dining experience where I have to yell at the person directly sitting across from me as I've done on each of the 3 occasions I've been to the B4 location off Cloverdale. Also I wasn't impressed with the fries (twice undercooked) and, to my mind, their relatively limited appy menu......

#248 pennymurphy2000

pennymurphy2000
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:36 AM

Our family has been to the Big Wheel burger place in Saanich quite a few times now and we love it. The food is excellent. The restaurant is bright and clean and even when every table is full, you are still able to chat with your family without having to shout in order to be heard. Highly recommend. 

• Matt R. and GaryRanson like this

#249 Gary H

Gary H
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:23 PM

The Westside Village location is now open.     :cheers:

Edited by Gary H, 29 June 2017 - 03:24 PM.

• Matt R., gstc84 and thundergun like this

#250 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 4,139 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:27 PM

Just in time for the Drag Ball Game tomorrow at Vic West Park. That would of been a money loser to have missed.
  • Matt R. likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#251 Nparker

Nparker
  • 15,725 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:32 PM

Just in time for the Drag Ball Game tomorrow** at Vic West Park...

** Saturday, July 1.  ;)

#252 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 4,139 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:38 PM

I am wishful that it was tomorrow today cause this weeks sucked.
  • Nparker likes this

#253 Nparker

Nparker
  • 15,725 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:20 PM

I am wishful that it was tomorrow today cause this weeks sucked.

Weren't you part of the CRA crowd gathered in front of the Vancouver Street offices around 11:00 this morning?

#254 kafkaesque

kafkaesque
  • 87 posts
  • LocationVic West

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:59 PM

Cool, given that I just tried Johnny Rockets, twice, I am in a burger frame of mind.  Especially since the BBQ buy/don't buy debate is still raging in my house. I can have my blood work done next door then get a burger :) Especially since my naturopath of all people told me to eat more "flesh".  Didn't say anything about fries but that is a given...

#255 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 4,139 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:20 PM

Weren't you part of the CRA crowd gathered in front of the Vancouver Street offices around 11:00 this morning?

Yep, I was! Its the 50th Anniversary of the Victoria Office... group photo for the 50/150 time capsule.
  • Nparker likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users