• 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:23 PM

I really know nothing about him at all

#2 James McNulty

James McNulty
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:34 AM

Hello everyone I'm pleased to announce my candidacy for the Central Saanich 2011 council. I look forward to answering questions and giving the community an opportunity to get to know me. Please visit my website,www.mcnultyforcouncil.com, for more info about me, my campaign, and contact information.

Thanks,

James McNulty

#3 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:11 PM

James - What is your position on the Foundation Organics compost facility being run out of Stanhope Farms?

http://vibrantvictor...read.php?t=5044

#4 James McNulty

James McNulty
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

That's an interesting situation and I hope to get a chance to speak about it at the all candidates meeting. I am excited to answer questions at both of the all candidates meetings, or over a coffee. Please give me an idea of what you would like to know about, and hopefully we can connect with some face to face time to discuss this issue and anything else that comes to mind.

Thanks,

James McNulty

#5 James McNulty

James McNulty
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:31 AM

For Immediate Release
October 17, 2011

James McNulty has put his name forward for Central Saanich Municipal Council in this year’s municipal election. James has not made the decision to run for Council lightly, and though there are number of factors which brought him to this stage they can be essentially summarized by four important points.

1. James is upset by the trend towards less transparency within the Council.
2. James is deeply concerned with the current state of the Keating Industrial Park.
3. James hopes to be a driving force behind the inclusion of the younger generation in community decisions.
4. James questions the rationale behind having council members who do not live, own property, or run businesses in Central Saanich.

As the only Keating Industrial Park business owner in the race and the only candidate representing the next generation of Central Saanich policymakers, James brings a crucial perspective to the Council.

“I'm passionate about my community, my family, and my business, and I want to ensure the best for them for now and for the future.”

In addition to being an ALR land owner, James also owns and operates a business in Central Saanich. He is proud to support the community by donating to important projects such as the Boulders Climbing Gym at Stelly’s School, and by involving himself in initiatives such as his personal “Fight Against Hunger” in 2008, where he spearheaded a campaign to feed Victoria’s homeless. With his deep ties to the community, large vested interest in local land issues and ability to take initiative, he can ensure the community makes the right choice in the moment but never loses sight of the future.

Learn more about the campaign at www.McNultyForCouncil.com and follow James on Twitter @McNulty2011 for updates on the campaign trail.

Media Inquiries
McNulty for Council Campaign Team
mcnultyforcouncil@gmail.com

#6 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:24 AM

That's an interesting situation and I hope to get a chance to speak about it at the all candidates meeting. I am excited to answer questions at both of the all candidates meetings, or over a coffee. Please give me an idea of what you would like to know about, and hopefully we can connect with some face to face time to discuss this issue and anything else that comes to mind.

Thanks,

James McNulty

Can I assume that you are as excited to answer questions on here? Because this is the forum that works for me.

Given that there was quite the public outcry during the construction phase, I'd like to know whether you are for or against this facility. In addition, I'd like to know whether you are for or against the existing bylaw restricting (i.e., banning) commercial sale of the compost produced by this facility. If you are against it, would you be willing to back a motion to repeal it? Thanks.

#7 James McNulty

James McNulty
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:32 PM

I realize that there are some passionate viewpoints about this situation, however the zoning for the area is very clear and the property owner is well within his legal rights to pursue any activity that complies with the zoning. Compromise is an essential part of life, and even more so in a complicated situation where you have active commercial farming next door to domestic households. I hope that I can create and maintain a constructive dialogue in order to address the concerns of all parties involved.

#8 EllenGruenbaum

EllenGruenbaum
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:12 PM

Why are you so interested in this Bob? You don't even seem to live in the area, and yet you are asking every single candidate this question.
What would you do about it?

#9 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,140 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:51 PM

Welcome to Vibrant Victoria EllenGruenBaum.

#10 EllenGruenbaum

EllenGruenbaum
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:01 PM

Thanks for the welcome Sparky. It seems like a lively forum.

#11 James McNulty

James McNulty
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:59 PM

I invite you all to view the latest promotional video from the McNulty for Council campaign.

TCs5SmexHSY

#12 James McNulty

James McNulty
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:46 PM

hZ1SK_kX91I

#13 James McNulty

James McNulty
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:13 AM

For Immediate Release
November 18, 2011

James McNulty, Central Saanich Council Candidate, will be hosting two opportunities to meet with him prior to Election Day this November 19th.

The McNulty for Council campaign is excited to announce two opportunities for residents of Central Saanich to meet James and discuss the issues facing the municipality. The dates and times are as follows:

6pm – 7:30pm Thursday, November 18th at JJ’s Coffee Shop in Brentwood Bay
6pm – 7:30pm Friday, November 19th at Prairie Inn in Saanichton

Collaboration with the community is important to James and he wants to ensure he is always accessible, both as a candidate and as a councilor if elected.

“I strongly believe that openness and transparency is critical to local government and look forward to creating that type of environment if honoured with the privilege to represent Central Saanich on November 19th.”

James is the only Keating Industrial Park business owner running for council, as well as being a ALR Land Owner and resident of Central Saanich. He is proud to support the community by donating to important projects such as the Boulders Climbing Gym at Stelly’s School, and by involving himself in initiatives such as his personal “Fight Against Hunger” in 2008, where he spearheaded a campaign to feed Victoria’s homeless. With his deep ties to the community, large vested interest in local land issues and ability to take initiative, he can ensure the community makes the right choice in the moment but never loses sight of the future.

Learn more about the campaign at McNultyForCouncil.com and follow James on Twitter @McNulty2011 for updates on the campaign trail.

Media Inquiries
McNulty for Council Campaign Team
mcnultyforcouncil@gmail.com

#14 James McNulty

James McNulty
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:45 AM

Good morning Central Saanich,

It's been a pleasure getting to know you as I've been campaigning over the past 2 months and I hope you've enjoyed getting to know about me.

I invite you to view the two above videos to learn more about what I stand for, as well as visit my website, www.mcnultyforcouncil.com.

In addition I am a:

1. ALR Land Owner
2. Keating Industrial Park Business Owner
3. 3rd Generation McNulty living and working in Central Saanich

I believe that we can all work together to make our community a better place, without sacrificing the things that make us unique. Vote for me and together we can help to build a better tomorrow.

Sincerely,

James McNulty

#15 James McNulty

James McNulty
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:43 PM

2 hours left to vote, ensure your voice is heard!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users