BUILT
1515 Douglas Street
Uses: office, commercial
Address: 1515 Douglas Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 6
1515 Douglas Street is a six-storey, 111,428 square foot office complex with ground floor retail space at the ... (view full profile)
Learn more about 1515 Douglas Street on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] 1515 Douglas and 750 Pandora | Office; commercial | 6- & 13-storeys (53.6m & 27.4m) | Completed - Built in 2018 and 2017

Office Commercial

• Please log in to reply
1287 replies to this topic

#921 2F2R

2F2R
  • 673 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:33 PM

Awesome awesome awesome pictures ...

#922 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:02 PM

bcIMC-headquarters-Victoria-seeking-staff-Citified.jpg

A 13-storey, 189,000 square foot office tower rising at 750 Pandora Avenue will become the new headquarters of Victoria-based British Columbia Investment Management Corporation. The organization's expansion will reportedly create hundreds of new jobs and add a sizeable contingent of well-paid workers to downtown Victoria.

Downtown finance HQ to create hundreds of new jobs, woo professionals to Victoria

http://victoria.citi...ls-to-victoria/

Hundreds of finance and real-estate management professionals will add to the make-up of downtown Victoria’s workforce with the relocation of British Columbia Investment Management Corporation’s (bcIMC) headquarters to downtown Victoria, Citified has learned.

Currently based out of Burnside-Gorge’s Selkirk Waterfront community with offices in multiple markets across Canada, bcIMC is an institutional investor tasked with managing nearly $124-billion in net assets for British Columbia’s public sector pension plans, public trusts and insurance funds.

The organization will consolidate its Victoria operations into a 13-storey complex at 750 Pandora Avenue currently under construction as part of a joint development partnership between Victoria-based Jawl Properties and bcIMC. And according to sources familiar with its expansion plans, bcIMC will more than double its local workforce of some-200 employees with the hiring of several hundred workers to staff its growing in-house operations, including those of its newly-formed QuadReal Property Group real-estate management firm. [Full article]

• Gary H likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#923 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:58 PM

Impressive.

Although I am surprised it won't be ready for another year.  In some ways it seems so far along.

#924 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:59 PM

Also impressive people want to occupy that space with a fugly protected bike lane right next to it.

• inhalien likes this

#925 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:00 PM

Nice. I wonder who will fill bCIMC's current space at Jutland Road/Selkirk?

#926 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:28 PM

Also impressive people want to occupy that space with a fugly protected bike lane right next to it.

in lisa help's brain adding 200 workers downtown will actually lessen parking demand becuase something, something, bikes
  • inhalien likes this

#927 FirstTimeHomeCrier

FirstTimeHomeCrier
  • 357 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:49 PM

Nice. I wonder who will fill bCIMC's current space at Jutland Road/Selkirk?

BC Pension Corporation (in addition to main 2995 Jutland location). That will open up some spaces in Gatehouse (395 Waterfront), 320 Garbally, Arc Building (2955/57 Jutland), and 410 Garbally.

• AllseeingEye likes this

#928 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:55 PM

I imagine the leases were signed before the bike lanes were finalized and it became too costly to back out. I am sure BCIMC is devising a plan to work around the irritations of the bike lanes adjacent to their new HQ.  ;)

#929 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:00 PM

I imagine the leases were signed before the bike lanes were finalized and it became too costly to back out. I am sure BCIMC is devising a plan to work around the irritations of the bike lanes adjacent to their new HQ.  ;)

Except the design from Jawl included a protected bike lane, but nice try.

Also you'll be horrified at the heresy in the basement of these buildings.  Full bike storage and change rooms with lockers and showers.

• jonny and thundergun like this

#930 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:20 PM

BC Pension Corporation (in addition to main 2995 Jutland location). That will open up some spaces in Gatehouse (395 Waterfront), 320 Garbally, Arc Building (2955/57 Jutland), and 410 Garbally.

Thanks; I wonder if Money Mart/DoF which seems to always be hiring bodies will then move into some of the freed-up space in those other buildings. Will be interesting to watch for sure.

#931 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:42 PM

Except the design from Jawl included a protected bike lane, but nice try...

Geez-Louise. Did you not see the winking emoji ( ;) ) I put beside my post above? I am fully aware that bike lanes were part of the original Jawl proposal. The latest renderings show a sort of zig-zagging bike lane along Pandora

bike.JPG

Are all biking fanatics so humourless?

• Coreyburger likes this

#932 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:01 PM

I believe they are working on the last floor as of this week. :banana:

#933 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:06 PM

I believe they are working on the last floor as of this week. 

The eastern half of the deck for the 13th floor appears to be just about ready to be poured. The western half is at least a week behind. I estimate we'll see the full height of the building in about 2-3 weeks. There is also some good progress finally starting to happen with the Douglas Street building now.

#934 Coreyburger

Coreyburger
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:23 PM

Geez-Louise. Did you not see the winking emoji ( ;) ) I put beside my post above? I am fully aware that bike lanes were part of the original Jawl proposal. The latest renderings show a sort of zig-zagging bike lane along Pandora

Are all biking fanatics so humourless?

Hah, That rendering is one of the design ideas for Pandora - the one with mixing zones/through bike lanes where the bike lane and right-hand turning lane swap places at the intersection. This was rejected by council as less comfortable (and thus less attractive) than the signalized option that they are building.

#935 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:37 PM

...That rendering is one of the design ideas for Pandora...

Well it is the one that appears on Jawl's website for the 1515 Project so presumably it is the one they would have shown prospective tenants.

Oh, and "paperclip"

#936 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:12 PM

I counted 12 but will look again tomorrow.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#937 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:22 PM

I counted 12 but will look again tomorrow.

12 floors are more or less complete on the Eastern half of the tower. 

#938 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:20 PM

I'm surprised BCIMC didn't announce this sooner.  I had heard well over a year ago that BCIMC were building "a purpose built building" for their spawning growth, and would be out of the Selkirk end of 2017, the new location which was not disclosed to my contact.   

WHen  BCIMC moved into their new expansion offices at Selkirk last year, who would have known that they were already in the works to double in size again in 3 short years!

I guess the pension business is pretty good these last few years.

There are alot of businesses that would grab a piece of the Selkirk offices, what  a great location.

Sadly, GLO restaurant will miss the daily expense-account lunches and the Thursday and Friday 3pm-4pm drink-fest and over-tipping that has fuelled their existence these last few years.

#939 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:56 PM

I wonder why bcIMC even needs employees.  Send a cheque to Ontario Teachers to take care of along with theirs.  I fail to see why we need a team overseeing BC employees' pension money any differently than any other pension fund.  And they probably do not need it spent at Glo for drinks.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#940 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:03 PM

I wonder why bcIMC even needs employees.  Send a cheque to Ontario Teachers to take care of along with theirs.  I fail to see why we need a team overseeing BC employees' pension money any differently than any other pension fund.  And they probably do not need it spent at Glo for drinks.

I believe you were thoroughly schooled on this topic when you brought this exact same thing up in this thread in May ;-)
  • jonny likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users