BUILT
Promontory
Uses: condo, townhome
Address: 83 Saghalie Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 21
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, penthouse, townhome)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Promontory is a 21-storey residential tower consisting of 174 condo units and three townhomes. The tower is si... (view full profile)
Learn more about Promontory on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Promontory at Bayview | Condos | 21-floors | Built - completed in 2014

Condo

• Please log in to reply
3253 replies to this topic

#2941 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

Is that Charlie Sheen?   The one on the right...?

post-2217-0-95725900-1406267760.jpg

#2942 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

I knew you'd come around, Bingo ;)

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#2943 JacquelineQ

JacquelineQ
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:42 AM

Lots of activity happening in the greenspace in the last few days :)

Attached Images

• image.jpg

Jacqueline

#2944 JacquelineQ

JacquelineQ
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:44 AM

More to follow

Attached Images

• image.jpg

Edited by JacquelineQ, 29 July 2014 - 07:46 AM.

Jacqueline

#2945 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:06 AM

Jacqueline you mentioned earlier that you had trouble figuring out how to rotate photos taken on your iPad. This little tutorial should help: http://m.wikihow.com...iPad-Photos-App

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2946 JacquelineQ

JacquelineQ
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:33 AM

Thanks for the linkMike K. I should clarify, when I upload the photos to the forum, they sometimes rotate sideways and I can't rotate them after I upload. Perhaps if I upload them sideways, they will rotate correctly, lol? I'll give it a shot next time and see what happens. Thanks again!
Jacqueline

#2947 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:35 AM

I think what is happening is the photos auto-rotate on your screen but their native state is still incorrectly rotated, so what you're seeing once they're uploaded is how the file itself is saved. Windows does this too and it can be confusing when uploading elsewhere and seeing the image rotated.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2948 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:52 PM

Thanks for the linkMike K. I should clarify, when I upload the photos to the forum, they sometimes rotate sideways and I can't rotate them after I upload. Perhaps if I upload them sideways, they will rotate correctly, lol? I'll give it a shot next time and see what happens. Thanks again!

Some cameras will auto rotate the image for you. Most cell phones do this as they always rotate what you are looking at in either landscape or portrait mode.

#2949 stevenc49

stevenc49
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

Hi everyone,

Just a little public service announcement.  I just finished talking to an electrician from Belltech (the company who did the electrical work for our building) and he told me something that we should all be aware of.  If you find that you are having problems plugging certain electronics into the power outlets in your home, it might be because they're the new "Tamper Resistant" outlets.  These new outlets are now required to be installed in every new home since 2009 and even though they are suppose to be the same universal size as pre-2009 outlets, they do have some internal mechanisms that may make it difficult to plug certain devices, especially if those devices have prongs that are "too sharp".  For example, in the outlets in my suite, I can easily plug in most of my devices but really have to wiggle the plug to be able to plug in my vacuum.

The theory is the sharp edges are catching onto some hook and preventing the plug from going in.  It makes sense because these new outlets are to prevent children from sticking sharp objects like utensils and hairpins into the outlets.  The electrician told me there really is nothing we can do about it and we just have to wait until manufacturers start making plugs with duller edges.  It's probably an issue we're going to start hearing more about, especially from the newer buildings in Canada.  My solution is to just get a 6-way wall plug that doesn't have the same safety mechanism as the direct wall outlet.

There's lots more information on this online.  Just search for "tamper resistant receptacles".  I hope this helps others who may be experiencing the same problem.

Steven

• Mike K. and Yuwin like this

Facebook: https://www.facebook...teve.cheong.581

Twitter: what's this twitter thing?

#2950 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:08 PM

Hi everyone,

Just a little public service announcement.  I just finished talking to an electrician from Belltech (the company who did the electrical work for our building) and he told me something that we should all be aware of.  If you find that you are having problems plugging certain electronics into the power outlets in your home, it might be because they're the new "Tamper Resistant" outlets.  These new outlets are now required to be installed in every new home since 2009 and even though they are suppose to be the same universal size as pre-2009 outlets, they do have some internal mechanisms that may make it difficult to plug certain devices, especially if those devices have prongs that are "too sharp".  For example, in the outlets in my suite, I can easily plug in most of my devices but really have to wiggle the plug to be able to plug in my vacuum.

Steven

So that must just suck...barely.

#2951 Teresa

Teresa
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCALGARY AB

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:57 PM

Although my unit is not finished, missing kitchen backsplash and a few cabinet fronts, I was absolutely taken with it.

Thanks Gary for pointing things out, and for the amazing pictures. Here are a few, I know you'll have seen enough, so just the ones that look different. 

Attached Images

• PROM 33.jpg
  • PROM 44.jpg
  • PROM 48.jpg
  • PROM 54.jpg
  • PROM 55.jpg
  • PROM 22.jpg
  • PROM 34.jpg

Edited by Teresa, 29 July 2014 - 09:43 PM.

• parti365 likes this

#2952 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

Hi everyone,

Just a little public service announcement.  I just finished talking to an electrician from Belltech (the company who did the electrical work for our building) and he told me something that we should all be aware of.  If you find that you are having problems plugging certain electronics into the power outlets in your home, it might be because they're the new "Tamper Resistant" outlets.

Steven

Just go buy a box of non-TR outlets and change them ;)

The TR receptacles can be fiddly if the two prongs from the plug don't go in exactly evenly.  If it's at an angle the receptacle "thinks" something is being stuck into only the one side and won't allow the plug to go in.  So the plug has to go in perfectly perpendicular with the outlet. 

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#2953 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

Or is that Dr. OZ...

...cool I knew we had celebrities living in Victoria.

Is that Charlie Sheen?   The one on the right...?

post-2217-0-95725900-1406267760.jpg

#2954 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

Teresa, the kitchen looks great!  Was that one of the builder's colour schemes or did you do something custom?

#2955 Teresa

Teresa
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCALGARY AB

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

Teresa, the kitchen looks great!  Was that one of the builder's colour schemes or did you do something custom?

Thanks, is all customized, can't wait to see it finish, the backsplash is also custom.

#2956 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:32 PM

Ah, so they did let you choose beyond the standard palette options. 

The high-gloss black should hide the fingerprints really well :P

#2957 Teresa

Teresa
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCALGARY AB

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

Ah, so they did let you choose beyond the standard palette options. 

The high-gloss black should hide the fingerprints really well :P

Well...it took a little back and forth, and some hair pulling...lol

It's just me, so I'll keep my fingers clean. :)

#2958 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

That is one amazing kitchen look!

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#2959 Teresa

Teresa
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCALGARY AB

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

That is one amazing kitchen look!

Thank you Marko, wait till you see it finished!!

#2960 Teresa

Teresa
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCALGARY AB

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

Although my unit is not finished, missing kitchen backsplash and a few cabinet fronts, I was absolutely taken with it.

Thanks Gary for pointing things out, and for the amazing pictures. Here are a few, I know you'll have seen enough, so just the ones that look different. 

Feeling proud, overwhelmed and humble by the beauty of it all!!!!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users