BUILT
Promontory
Uses: condo, townhome
Address: 83 Saghalie Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 21
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, penthouse, townhome)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Promontory is a 21-storey residential tower consisting of 174 condo units and three townhomes. The tower is si... (view full profile)
Learn more about Promontory on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Promontory at Bayview | Condos | 21-floors | Built - completed in 2014

Condo

• Please log in to reply
3253 replies to this topic

#2961 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:54 PM

Well...it took a little back and forth, and some hair pulling...lol

It's nice that they were able to accommodate you like that. That'd be my big gripe, not being able to chose finishes like that in a brand new home. There should be a degree of customization available beyond the standard palette.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#2962 Teresa

Teresa
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCALGARY AB

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:20 PM

It's nice that they were able to accommodate you like that. That'd be my big gripe, not being able to chose finishes like that in a brand new home. There should be a degree of customization available beyond the standard palette.

But you do realize you pay prime price for...right?? Any builder will do that if you pay the price

#2963 Yuwin

Yuwin
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:59 AM

Thanks, is all customized, can't wait to see it finish, the backsplash is also custom.

Love it, love it, love it. I see what you mean by moving the fridge to left to give yourself more counter space. Turned out really well. You look so happy on your balcony; it's your calling to move to BC ASAP.
  • parti365 likes this

#2964 Teresa

Teresa
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCALGARY AB

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:18 AM

Love it, love it, love it. I see what you mean by moving the fridge to left to give yourself more counter space. Turned out really well. You look so happy on your balcony; it's your calling to move to BC ASAP.

Thanks Yuwin, it's already hurting having to rent it out :whyme:

#2965 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,177 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

Beautiful unit! The views from up there are simply amazing.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2966 JacquelineQ

JacquelineQ
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:45 AM

Wow, Teresa, what a beautiful home! The customized kitchen and bath are absolutely spectacular! I can't wait to see the tile you selected :). Congratulations!!!
Jacqueline

#2967 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

Changes - for the better?  For the most part.

I remember many weeks ago being told by Ian, the Axiom construction manager, that the building's current concrete entry pavers were temporary and would eventually be replaced.  Well, it looks like he was right.  They are removing the old pavers and replacing them with smaller slate or slate colored stone/concrete.  This will be done on the ramp as well, but will it be extended to the patio area?  As part of this change they are also putting in LED path lighting.

IMG_6269.JPG

IMG_6266.JPG

Good progress on the two stall parking area.  One stall will be for handicapped access and I assumed the other was going to be for the car share vehicle, except we aren't getting one!  According to the VCSC, Bosa chose not to purchase a car.  They bought us all memberships but no car and the VCSC won't move one here unless we get 15 residents to sign up for the service - more on this in another post.

IMG_6268.JPG

The other change is the removal of the sidewalk pavers in front of the parkade entrance and replacing them with concrete.  This seems to be an asthetic step backwards but may have been done for long term reliability and less maintenance.  I dug up some pics of the original pavers for reference:

More progress...

It was almost 8PM and workers were still there hauling trash to the dumpster.  I was told by one of them that tomorrow is the "inspection".  I took this to mean the inspection for the occupancy permit.

A complete set of pavers to the lobby.

14108650120_405fa4ec97_h.jpg

The alternative ramped access path.

14108648940_84c3bffacb_h.jpg

The lobby desk has arrived.

The parkade has now been joined to the road.

14291939491_7e71e20df1_h.jpg

14108645790_f608251eaf_h.jpg

Edited by Gary H, 30 July 2014 - 11:57 AM.

#2968 parti365

parti365
  • 100 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

Wow...so much going on around here!!!  

Remember our "Welcome Teresa" SPINNAKER's Gathering today, 6:00pm.  Marty and I will be there a bit early to grab a table/area big enough.  If you run into anyone in the elevators, invite them, I think Marty asked Jesse is he was coming...the more the merrier...I wanted to get a sign up but didn't get around to it.

See y'all there!!!!

Patti and Marty

#2969 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,177 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:37 PM

I'm sorry but I will be unable to make it this afternoon. I have a conflicting engagement :(

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2970 Teresa

Teresa
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCALGARY AB

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:43 PM

Wow...so much going on around here!!!  

Remember our "Welcome Teresa" SPINNAKER's Gathering today, 6:00pm.  Marty and I will be there a bit early to grab a table/area big enough.  If you run into anyone in the elevators, invite them, I think Marty asked Jesse is he was coming...the more the merrier...I wanted to get a sign up but didn't get around to it.

See y'all there!!!!

Patti and Marty

Looking forward to it!!!!!

#2971 Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:54 PM

Seems we our timing is always bad for these festive get togethers. Hopefully we will get to one soon. I think Spinnakers is in need of a special brew, "Promontory Pilsner", that would be a good seller.
Yukon Jack
  • parti365 and Papadub like this

#2972 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:00 PM

Seems we our timing is always bad for these festive get togethers. Hopefully we will get to one soon. I think Spinnakers is in need of a special brew, "Promontory Pilsner", that would be a good seller.
Yukon Jack

Better than Pulmonary Pilsner, eh!

#2973 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:03 PM

Spinnakers!

An eclectic bunch.   :)

It was nice to meet a few new neighbors.  Sorry I had to bug out before greeting the "other" end of the table.

IMG_6270.JPG

IMG_6271.JPG

• parti365 likes this

#2974 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:20 AM

Floors Squeaking? 

They may just need to be broken in.  Kaya12 pointed out to me that his floors initially squeaked but that it stopped after some break-in time.  I was skeptical as we've had a spot near the kitchen in a high traffic area that squeaked like crazy.  Well, we just noticed that the area is now quiet.  In fact I can't find a squeak anywhere.  It's been 30 days so for those thinking of tearing up some boards give it month and see if it hasn't self-healed.  :construction:

#2975 parti365

parti365
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:06 AM

Bob and Annette are coming!!! Time for yet another Spinnaker's Gathering to welcome our fellow Promontorians!!!  They have their walk-thru on Wednesday, so how about anytime after 5:00 pm, as always we'll get there early to grab a table upstairs.  FYI - Spinnaker's has their "Appy Hour(s)" from 4-6, 50% off all appy's.  Vibrant is definitely slowing down, so we'll let people know as we see them around the building, please do the same!!

#2976 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

Floors Squeaking? 

They may just need to be broken in.  Kaya12 pointed out to me that his floors initially squeaked but that it stopped after some break-in time.  I was skeptical as we've had a spot near the kitchen in a high traffic area that squeaked like crazy.  Well, we just noticed that the area is now quiet.  In fact I can't find a squeak anywhere.  It's been 30 days so for those thinking of tearing up some boards give it month and see if it hasn't self-healed.  :construction:

Years ago it used to be the beds that were squeaking.   :wub:

#2977 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:12 PM

Speaking of which, what's the soundproofing like in the building?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#2978 Papadub

Papadub
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSpruce Grove Ab

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

Yahoo! We're on our way next weekend!! It's move in time guys!! It's our holiday place! Hope to take advantage quite a few time a year! It will be so nice to meet you all! Weather looks like its in our favour! See ya soon!

#2979 Teresa

Teresa
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCALGARY AB

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:03 PM

It was so good meeting you all, what an amazing bunch!! I miss you already.

Rudi, I'm sorry I didn't get to see you again. Gary is  going to bring the chair back, I did use it a lot!

Thank you Gary for looking after my place, I think is in good hands.

And thank you thank you than you Marty for pulling me out of the garbage bin. I hope you didn't smell like a garbage man after. 

I think I did smell a little, judging by the look on the face of the guy seating next to me on the plane..

I hope to see you all again soon!! :wave:

#2980 parti365

parti365
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:08 AM

K, thought I had sent a note out earlier but obviously didn't post. Just wanted to let everyone know that I set up a Facebook page for us, being that VV is slowing down and we're all starting to move in. It's for the residents of the Prom, a social page for us to connect. So if you are on Facebook, look up Promontorians Unite!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users