• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#21 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

Ditto @ The Fernwood Inn. We have a $9.99 burger & beer special on Tuesday nights. Come after 8PM and you can dine to the dulcid bluegrass sounds of The Sweet Lowdown.

Between us and Garrick's Head, that's a couple of nights of good eatin' on the cheap! :D

#22 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,589 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:35 PM

Psst Bob....that link is dead.:confused:

#23 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

Psst Bob....that link is dead.:confused:

Thanks, ASE - I was posting from my iPhone and I'm sure that Autocorrect worked its magic on the link!

#24 vandervalk

vandervalk
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

You can take that back because i've eaten at both and BigWheel is nowhere near "twice as good" as Burger King, and i've eaten a lot of different burgers in my life (if you saw me in person you wouldn't question that :D). The flame-broiled taste of a nice juicy whopper gives it a unique fresh-off-the-barbecue taste that is very hard to beat.

Have you eaten at both and compared prices?

I too love a good Whopper when I feel like a cheap, quick and tasty burger.

But there are times I will go to a more established place and order a burger and have no problem paying $15-20 for it if it stands up to fresh and solid ingredients.

Two VERY different hamburgers in taste and price. Very much enjoy both too.
Real Estate, Landscape and Family Photographer
http://www.vandervalk.ca

#25 ZGsta

ZGsta
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:06 AM

Finally got to Bin4 last night and loved their burgers! So good.

Past 9 you get half-price burgers if you order a drink too, so that's a really good deal. We got there just at 9 and it started to fill up pretty fast, by the time we left it was totally full and there were people waiting for tables.

Also, different strokes etc..., but I don't get the praise for Burger King burgers, even if they're "flame broiled" (I guess their commercials work). Those are horrible, better than some other fast food places, but still horrible. In my opinion at least.

#26 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

OK.....listen up.

We have to stop talking about hamburgers.

I had to have lunch at bin4 today because of you.....man that was good.

My friend and I went for the basic.....no nothing as an add ons...except we had them cook the onions.

WOW!

#27 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

I used to get bacon on my burgers all the time but after having enough without in the last couple months I kind of think it's a cover for using lousy ingredients. Anyone else notice that? Why add bacon to an "always fresh never frozen" beef burger that's made to order?

#28 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

^ Exactly....there you are....just sitting there.....you and the patty...with a touch of onion and lettuce....on a bun.

#29 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

Except you guys have obviously never tried the bacon double cheeseburger at Bigwheel. Not just any bacon. We're talking' that THICK high quality, expensive stuff you only buy for Christmas breakfasts. I had one today and it was the best burger I've had in my life.

Seems you people still have some homework.

#30 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:47 PM

We have to stop talking about hamburgers.

Geesuz.....now I have to go back to Bigwheel tomorrow.

You guys are making this difficult. :)

#31 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:24 PM

Except you guys have obviously never tried the bacon double cheeseburger at Bigwheel. Not just any bacon. We're talking' that THICK high quality, expensive stuff you only buy for Christmas breakfasts. I had one today and it was the best burger I've had in my life.

...if I ever get around to it. The one I had without bacon was pretty good just the way it was ;)

#32 vandervalk

vandervalk
  • 263 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

..., but I don't get the praise for Burger King burgers, even if they're "flame broiled" (I guess their commercials work). Those are horrible, better than some other fast food places, but still horrible. In my opinion at least.

You just said it yourself, they are better than some of the other fast food places. I don't think there was "praise" for Burger King as much as acceptable. I personally said I enjoy a GREAT hamburger and would be more than willing to pay top dollar for that at any establishment. However, if I want to eat at a fast food joint, not spend $15+ dollars that BK does curb that craving for me. Especially after a night of some wobbly pop.

I also enjoy the newer Angus Burgers from McD's. as well.

But NOTHING ever has topped a Lick's Homeburger with back bacon and extra Guk sauce. A chain primarily in Ontario, if not in entirely in that Province.
Real Estate, Landscape and Family Photographer
http://www.vandervalk.ca

#33 Phil McAvity

Phil McAvity
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

I also enjoy the newer Angus Burgers from McD's. as well.

:confused:

Worst hamburger i've ever had. Even worse than Ronnie's normal (gaines) burgers.
In chains by Keynes

#34 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

I worked at a place that had a burger stand in the parking lot - family run burger trailer permanently set up.

They made veggie patties from scratch that were really good. Looked at me sideways when I ordered a veggie burger with bacon :P

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#35 phx

phx
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:04 PM

I had bacon on my burger today and must agree; it was excellent.

I got it to go as the dining area is just not that appealing, though. It didn't help that they seemed to have no heat today.

#36 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

Milestones in the Inner Harbour, with their beef and double smoked bacon hamburger might have them all beat, and their atmosphere as well.

#37 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:43 AM

After trying a bunch of these fancy burger places I came to an important realization: I really I don't like beef, I find it heavy yet tasteless. Give me a ferris's lamburger or a double/barts mexican chicken burger any day over the finest ground beef . Oyster, chicken, lamb, buffalo, halibut, anything but ground beef! Hell, vegetarian burgers have more taste.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#38 aaroninvictoria

aaroninvictoria
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

Bin 4 Burger's Black and Blue is my favorite... I put it on the To-Die-For list, and make sure you get the onion rings with garlic aioli, they are breaded not battered... Awesome!.
@aaroninvictoria aka @aaronhallcooks

#39 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:07 AM

Looked at me sideways when I ordered a veggie burger with bacon :P

I used to get a falafal burger with bacon regularly at the UVic SUB. Very tasty.

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#40 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

finally checked out Bin 4 today, it was solid. I only tried their basic burger but it was good enough that other stuff is probably worth a try also.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users