Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

That 18 wheeler looks awesome!

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#82 sirswithin

sirswithin
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

Don't know if it's news or not but just found out today Bin 4 is coming to Langford. From what I gather, they'll be moving in to the building currently under renovation behind the Chevron on Goldstream. Don't have an exact timeline but looks to be fairly soon.

#83 seymour201

seymour201
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

Don't know if it's news or not but just found out today Bin 4 is coming to Langford. From what I gather, they'll be moving in to the building currently under renovation behind the Chevron on Goldstream. Don't have an exact timeline but looks to be fairly soon.

News to me! was wondering what was going in there. Haven't been to Bin 4 yet, but sounds like its worth a nibble.

#84 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

The Building that Bin 4 will be occupying on Goldstream Ave is the original and first Langford Firehall constructed in 1940. When the Fire Dept. moved out into the newly constructed one on Millstream rd (now the Boston Pizza Site) Island Savings credit union moved in.

#85 ashpool

ashpool
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

Burger is one thing I rarely order in restaurants because it is SO easy to make a world class burger on your own, and once you made it a few times, restaurant burgers all taste like cardboard since they have to be cooked to 160 degrees at least since they use low quality grinds.

If you hanchop or grind your own meat, it can be cooked like a steak to medium rare so your burger is juicy every time. Also, you can add whatever topping you want. Lastly, restaurant fries are inferior to ones you make at home.

Give it a try :)

#86 vandervalk

vandervalk
  • 263 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

I know this is probably just me, but I have had, in the US, burgers cooked medium rare and I don't like the taste of them at all, nor the texture. I don't like hard, rubbery patties either, but rather a fully cooked hamburger.

Personal tastes I suppose.
Real Estate, Landscape and Family Photographer
http://www.vandervalk.ca

#87 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Originally Built as Langford Fire Hall

When the 2nd Firehall Opened about 1978 on Millstream Road where Boston Pizza is now this Building becaame a Credit Union.

Now it will be a Burger Joint

#88 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 436 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

My cardiologist will sooo disapprove! :mad:

#89 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

Ok I saw this in front of me yesterday and could not resist.

I couldn't help but wonder if this was an advertisement for a burger joint or some other eatery downtown.

#90 Kikadee

Kikadee
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

^ It's an advertisement for how NOT to use hair extensions

#91 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

^ It's an advertisement for how NOT to use hair extensions

Only a female would pay attention to detail like that

Now that I am aware of it I will be on the lookout...may need to start a dedicated thread on the subject

#92 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:23 AM

For some of us, In-N-Out Burger is the first stop after landing at LAX, or the only drive through on a road trip down the coast. But for one day only, residents of Metro Vancouver have their chance to get their taste of the iconic SoCal fast food burger in virtually our own back yard.

http://dailyhive.com...er-langley-2016

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#93 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,604 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:47 AM

Interesting I've been to CA a few times, and have tried various branded and "localized" variants of fast food there over the years. (Somewhat) to my surprise I have never been frankly terribly impressed with it compared to the general quality of food here at home. For whatever reason I have it my head when thinking "fast food" that Cali somehow represents the pinnacle of that quintessentially 'American' culture, heh.

The absolute worst was Disneyland which was just tragic, so much so the park had people surveying guests as they exited the park each night the week we were there - the very first question: "how would you rate the overall food quality and experience @ DN?" Perhaps Alberta beef is superior. That said I've never tried or heard of In-N-Out burger either.

#94 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:57 AM

. That said I've never tried or heard of In-N-Out burger either.

Doesn't sound very appetizing, if after it goes in it's coming out, one way or another.

#95 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:04 AM

That said I've never tried or heard of In-N-Out burger either.

http://nrn.com/consu...service-ranking

For the third year in a row, Irvine, Calif.-based cult phenomenon, In-N-Out Burger, earned the top ranking from consumers among the Limited-Service restaurant chains in Nation’s Restaurant News’ annual Consumer Picks report. The family-owned brand won consumer’s hearts and did so at a time when limited-service restaurants have struggled to keep their heads above water.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#96 thaicobb

thaicobb
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLA & Victoria

Posted 02 September 2016 - 12:03 PM

In-N-Out: all locations corporate owed and operated, fresh beef not frozen, skilled staff paid above market wage, limited menu, professional drive-thru service and reasonably quick given all food cooked to order.  Double-double cheeseburger $3.80.  Fries and drink add $3.00.

• VicHockeyFan and 57WestHills like this

#97 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:50 PM

My CA friends swear by In-N-Out.
  • VicHockeyFan and thaicobb like this

#98 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,041 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 06:45 PM

Dutch Bakery makes an excellent burger.

Matt.

#99 Matt in Langford

Matt in Langford
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:35 PM

In-n-Out burger serves an excellent burger. They have a secret menu as well (Google it). They also have locations outside of California.

http://in-n-out.com/mobile/

And once a year they come up to Langley, BC for a special event...

https://www.google.c.../?client=safari

Edited by Matt in Langford, 02 September 2016 - 07:35 PM.

• VicHockeyFan, Matt in Langford, 57WestHills and 1 other like this

#100 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:41 PM

Secret menu deets:

http://www.in-n-out....ecret-menu.aspx

• thaicobb likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users