Photo

Councillor Shellie Gudgeon's bad driving habits

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 VicBooster

VicBooster
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

Councillor Shellie Gudgeon's behaviour behind the wheel needs to be brought into the light. As an elected official at City Hall she should not be driving like she is above the law and should show more respect to her consituents sharing the road.

On many occassions I have witnessed C. Gudgeon driving too aggressively around town and in excess of posted speed limits in residential neighbourhoods. I don't know whether or not this is a combination of her newfound fame and the horsepower of her Porsche SUV or whether she has always driven like a bat out of hell (for lack of a better term) but as a city councillor she ought to exercise restraint and obey the law.

#2 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

How fast exactly is she driving?

If you pay attention to traffic flow, the majority of drivers do in fact drive at speeds in excess of the posted speed limit. When was the last time you saw the bulk of traffic on the 6 lane section of Blanshard moving along at exactly 50kph?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

Councillor Shellie Gudgeon's behaviour behind the wheel needs to be brought into the light. As an elected official at City Hall she should not be driving like she is above the law and should show more respect to her consituents sharing the road.

On many occassions I have witnessed C. Gudgeon driving too aggressively around town and in excess of posted speed limits in residential neighbourhoods. I don't know whether or not this is a combination of her newfound fame and the horsepower of her Porsche SUV or whether she has always driven like a bat out of hell (for lack of a better term) but as a city councillor she ought to exercise restraint and obey the law.

Court records only have her down for one speeding in 2001 and a 2008 for:

MVA - 128(1)(a) failing to stop for yellow light at intersection

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Court records only have her down for one speeding in 2001 and a 2008 for:

That will only show results where the recipient contested the ticket.

The speeding one could be for 5kph over the limit (it happens) or it could be for 20 over. As I said before, very few drivers stick strictly to the posted limit. One speeding conviction doesn't really prove much other than she's an "average driver".

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

I live near Councillor Gudgeon and can attest to her driving habits. And I agree -- she needs to ease up on the skinny pedal.

In fact just yesterday she did something I felt wasn't very kosher but I'll keep the details to myself.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

If you pay attention to traffic flow, the majority of drivers do in fact drive at speeds in excess of the posted speed limit. When was the last time you saw the bulk of traffic on the 6 lane section of Blanshard moving along at exactly 50kph?

I don't think VB would be raising a fuss if Councillor Gudgeon kept pace with the traffic flow...

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

I'll keep the details to myself.

Party pooper :P

;)

#8 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

I don't think VB would be raising a fuss if Councillor Gudgeon kept pace with the traffic flow...

You're right, she must have been doing something out of the ordinary for it to generate a complaint.

However without some specific details of what took place, It's getting into murky waters calling her out on a public forum.

#9 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

Her driving has no bearing how she governs. Raising something about her personal life is a very American approach to politics and not something normally done in Canada.

#10 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

Her driving has no bearing how she governs. Raising something about her personal life is a very American approach to politics and not something normally done in Canada.

Quite true.

Maybe I'll ring her up, talk to her about raising some of our speed limits. Sounds like she'd be interested ;)

#11 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

I think it tells you a bit about her personality, if she consciously drives outside of the rules often. I think that might affect how she governs.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#12 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

^ I'm with Bernard on this. We all have bad habits; unless they directly have something to do with her role as councilor, I don't want to hear about it.

#13 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

I noticed she doesn't wear a FLAG PIN. Also where is her birth certificate???
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#14 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

It does say something about her lack of judgement. Of all the SUVs she could have bought, a Porsche?! :P

#15 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

If she's driving unsafely she's showing little regard for her fellow citizens. If she's doing something in a public place that is putting other's lives at risk, people have a right to know. This goes beyond her private life.

#16 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

Maybe this is her in the passenger seat teaching her husband how to drive like a dick

http://www.youtube.c...feature=mh_lolz

#17 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

What's the difference between a BMW and a cactus?

#18 cakeman

cakeman
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

What's the difference between a BMW and a cactus?

Im gonna go with 'the location of the pricks'?

cakes..

#19 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

;)

#20 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

Compared to the jerk on the motorcycle this is small potatoes. No need for a witch hunt.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users