Latest VV Article

Victoria International Airport “Q&A” with President & CEO Geoff Dickson

VibrantVictoria’s question-and-answer special feature with the president and CEO of the Victoria Airport Authority answers a series of questions relating to the Victoria International Airport (YYJ) as posed by members of VibrantVictoria’s discussion forum. The questions focus on marketing the airport, flights and airlines, and airport infrastructure. [Read more]

Photo

Montreal taxicab incident

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan

Super Moderator

• 20,106 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

Oh, my...

sqI81qrroQg

I don't know about this...

http://www.torontosu...y-montreal-taxi

MONTREAL - A Montreal cab driver has been charged for running over a 23-year-old man early Sunday morning, as seen in a graphic video since posted online.

Guercy Edmond, 47, will remain behind bars after the Crown opposed bail. He faces charges of hit and run, aggravated assault and armed assault.

The victim suffered severe injuries after amateur video showed a taxi running him over as a cabbie tried to flee the scene of an altercation.

TALK about Downtown Victoria on FaceBook: I ❤ Downtown Victoria or TALK about Sidney on FaceBook: I ❤ Sidney

#2 SamCB

SamCB
  • 364 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

Gee, thanks for posting this gore video. wtf. not what i come to VV for.

#3 Kikadee

Kikadee
  • 190 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:01 AM

Gee, thanks for posting this gore video. wtf. not what i come to VV for.

I agree that this is not exactly VV material, but one look at the video's title alerted me to the fact that I didn't want to watch it.

#4 LJ

LJ
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

If you saw the whole video and not just the running over part you might form a different opinion of the event. The guy that got run over was the author of his own misfortune IMO.

Anyone remember Reginald Denny? He should have stayed in his truck and run over anyone that prevented him from getting away.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#5 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan

Super Moderator

• 20,106 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

If you saw the whole video and not just the running over part you might form a different opinion of the event. The guy that got run over was the author of his own misfortune IMO.

Ya, interesting that the guy that got run over was doing the most damage, right from the start. Another guy took over from him, and that probably lead to the cab being oriented the way it was when it ran over the first guy.

Aren't any of them being charged?
TALK about Downtown Victoria on FaceBook: I ❤ Downtown Victoria or TALK about Sidney on FaceBook: I ❤ Sidney

#6 Bingo

Bingo
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

Anyone remember Reginald Denny? He should have stayed in his truck and run over anyone that prevented him from getting away.

And the gas station attendant that tried to stop the guy from leaving without paying. The attendants death is why we now have to pay before filling our tank.

And the young woman who got run over by the taxi on Oak Bay Avenue, three or four years ago.

"I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance" - Socrates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users