Social Media Camp 2013 and West Coast Social Media Awards

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

I just completed an interview with CHEK TV, about Facebook and local businesses using it.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#22 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

So the big event is just a week away.

One week tonight, Mike and I will be walking down the red carpet, arm in arm.

You can still buy a ticket of you want to come watch, 35 tickets left:

http://www.eventbrit...?ref=ebtnebtckt

Your host:

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#23 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:37 AM

One week tonight, Mike and I will be walking down the red carpet, arm in arm

Geezus, that's a visual that I did not need.

Good luck to you both.

#24 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

I can assure you, the circumstances arise from practicality.

We pooled our resources to bribe the judges, and had no money left over for dates.

#25 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

:)

#26 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

So Mike K. might be a little too shy to come here and announce it, but VV won the community builder award at the ceremony tonight.

A BIG thanks to all the contributors here.

Pictures to follow tomorrow.

#27 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:07 AM

This is great. It is nice that VV can be recognized in this way. So now we just figure out how to celebrate!

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#28 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:46 AM

Fantastic news. Congrats to all here who contribute.

It is a sad state that we are in where our local newspaper is so biased against social media, that it did not make one mention of ANY winner in any category from last night's award ceremony. Their online article this morning should have shown more responsibility.

I also thought that VHF should have won the best facebook page. If you have been to I heart Downtown Victoria, you would probably agree with me.

#29 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,169 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:37 AM

We are pleased to announce that VibrantVictoria was chosen as the recipient of the 2012 West Coast Social Media Awards' Community Builder Award. VV launched in 2006 as a combined effort of a dozen individuals with varied backgrounds and interests who shared in the goal of wanting to reach the community with fair and unbiased coverage of local news and issues affecting the south Island. It didn't take long for the concept to gain traction and shortly after it's launch VV became a hive of activity as Victorians from all walks of life and political leanings contributed to the region's crowd-sourced local news resource.

This award is a recognition of the many individuals (that's you, VV'ers!) who love to keep our community informed on as many different issues as there are opinions in our city. Sincere appreciation must also be noted for the organizers and judges of the West Coast Social Media Awards. Thank you for the honour of being a part of this year's event.

On behalf of the administrators and moderators of VibrantVictoria, congratulations VV'ers, you've earned this!
- Your administrative and moderating team, Thomas Guerrero, Mike Kozakowski, Dylan Leblanc, Tim Lindsay, and Paul Seal.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#30 Jon S

Jon S
  • 227 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

Wow! Great news and well deserved. Keep up the good work.
Jon Stovell
President
Reliance Properties

#31 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

It is a sad state that we are in where our local newspaper is so biased against social media, that it did not make one mention of ANY winner in any category from last night's award ceremony. Their online article this morning should have shown more responsibility.

I also thought that VHF should have won the best facebook page. If you have been to I heart Downtown Victoria, you would probably agree with me.

Indeed, the page that beat me out has not made a post since May 24th.

#32 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,395 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

Congratulations to everyone who made this happen. Nice to have official validation that VV is THE online source for all things Victoria.:thumbsup:

#33 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

Derek Ford Photography on Facebook.

#34 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,971 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

I thought that after the infamous facebook IPO nobody cared about social media anymore :-)

#35 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

Congrats guys!

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#36 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

#37 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

Loving the eco-friendly bottled water in the gift baskets ;) :P

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#38 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

#39 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,971 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

Would be nice if Derek tagged more of the photos so we knew who everyone was.

#40 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

Would be nice if Derek tagged more of the photos so we knew who everyone was.

Right, now that the team names have been posted at the top of the page.

Well done to all of you who keep the ball rolling.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users