BUILT
The Janion
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: Store Street at Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 7
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, loft, 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Janion development includes the full heritage restoration of the historic Janion Hotel, built in 1891, and... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Janion on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Janion Building redevelopment | 7-storeys | Built/renovated - completed in 2016

Condo Commercial

• Please log in to reply
2679 replies to this topic

#2481 perceptionchangeseverything

perceptionchangeseverything
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:26 AM

Still curious about that unpainted concrete.   :construction:

The paint needs to wait until we have dry weather and around 7 degree low at night.

#2482 electric

electric
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:28 PM

Anyone have a sales summary of the Janion units sold to date with sq footage + price sold that they would care to post. 

Curious what the price action has been on these units and whether with new inventory being built if anyone sees anymore upside....

Thanks in advance. 

PS - loving this building more and more since taking occupation - it is really a fantastic location in our beautiful city. 

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#2483 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:48 AM

Is the plaza outside done yet? Anyone moving into the commercial space?

It's hard to see the space from Johnson with all of the bridge construction materials out front and I haven't made a side trip over recently.

#2484 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:49 AM

Is the plaza outside done yet? Anyone moving into the commercial space?

It's hard to see the space from Johnson with all of the bridge construction materials out front and I haven't made a side trip over recently.

no it's still a total mess

#2485 Janion Fan

Janion Fan
  • 240 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:59 PM

Janion 320 Store St 277k May 17 Marko Juras listing.png

I suppose with the frequency of Janion listings, a new one isn't as exciting as it once was but I just stumbled across this one, if anyone, or anyone's friend/relative who is still wanting a micro at the Janion, is at all interested...https://www.realtor....Columbia-V8W0E3

Edited by Janion Fan, 01 May 2017 - 02:00 PM.

#2486 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:28 PM

Although I know Marko didn't post the above, it seems precariously close to a (presumably) non-paid commerical advertisement. The mods might want to check on this.

BTW: Over $1000/square foot!!!  :eek: That's just nuts.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#2487 Janion Fan

Janion Fan
  • 240 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:43 PM

Sorry, didn't mean to break the rules. Others have posted links to units for sale so I thought it was okay. At first I couldn't find the link to the MLS number, which is why I took, and posted, a screenshot. I'll go in and remove the screenshot now. Hopefully it'll be okay then.

And, yeah, $1,100/square foot is insane. Still, it's just for sale, not sold, so the market will tell whether or not that's a realistic price. Can't imagine it could be but, you never know. Maybe they're pricing by cubic foot? 11' ceilings and all?

Oops - tried to go and delete that screenshot but too late to edit. Maybe mods can delete it?

Edited by Janion Fan, 01 May 2017 - 02:44 PM.

#2488 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:46 PM

Sorry, didn't mean to break the rules. Others have posted links to units for sale so I thought it was okay....

For the record, I was not trying to get anyone in trouble, just to ensure that any advertising on VV comes with appropriate payment.

#2489 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:47 PM

I think it's probably OK the way it's posted here.  

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2490 Janion Fan

Janion Fan
  • 240 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:50 PM

For the record, I was not trying to get anyone in trouble, just to ensure that any advertising on VV comes with appropriate payment.

Just so long as nobody sends Marko a bill....this was totally my doing and just an innocent screenshot. I have absolutely no connection with this listing other than as a Janion owner and fan. I don't know Marko, other than from his posts and threads on this forum and I don't know the owner of this condo.

If Marko does get wind of this, maybe he can explain why there seems to be a slice of cold pizza on the "staged" dining table?

• Nparker likes this

#2491 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:26 PM

Marko has already received the bill :)
  • Nparker and Janion Fan like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2492 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:56 PM

No worries J F.

Except that pizza slice. How do you know it's cold though?
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2493 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:19 PM

...Except that pizza slice. How do you know it's cold though?

No steam coming off of it in the photo.

#2494 Janion Fan

Janion Fan
  • 240 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:41 AM

...Except that pizza slice. How do you know it's cold though?

Because it looks exactly like the one I just retrieved from underneath my teen daughter's bed.

• johnk likes this

#2495 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:25 PM

Because it looks exactly like the one I just retrieved from underneath my teen daughter's bed.

Mmmmmm. Furry pizza!

#2496 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 804 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

Huh, something I hadn't know about before was the direct waterfront access for kayaks. See pic 1 and two more near the end on the listing.

#2497 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:24 AM

The developer has momentarily returned to the building to install an LED light bar above the Janion signage which lights it up at night.

IMG_1425.JPG

• Nparker likes this

#2498 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:33 AM

Must suck for the persons staying in the unit right below the sign but if its being rented as a motel room probably doesn't matter much to them

• thundergun likes this

#2499 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:33 AM

The developer has momentarily returned to the building to install an LED light bar above the Janion signage which lights it up at night.

And how long now before someone complains about this?  :whyme:

#2500 Janion Fan

Janion Fan
  • 240 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:34 PM

Looks like things are really progressing with the plaza and pathways to the Pandora Street entrance. Really looking forward to see how it's all going to work together and, together with the JSB. I still can't quite get my head 'round it but, very much looking forward to seeing it finished (the plaza that is....I can't look far enough into the future to visualize the completion of the JSB!).

• Nparker and thundergun like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users