BUILT
The Janion
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: Store Street at Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 7
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, loft, 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Janion development includes the full heritage restoration of the historic Janion Hotel, built in 1891, and... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Janion on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Janion Building redevelopment | 7-storeys | Built/renovated - completed in 2016

Condo Commercial

• Please log in to reply
2679 replies to this topic

#2341 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:39 PM

Some Janion rentals, plus one for sale...

screenshot-victoria.craigslist.ca 2017-02-02 18-37-27.png

Sale:    https://victoria.cra...5981627485.html

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2342 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:46 PM

Regarding the Craigslist ad,  Ya gotta love realtors who continue to use digital renderings from the original offering over three years ago.  LAME!!.

Edited by JanionGuy, 02 February 2017 - 06:47 PM.

#2343 Janion Fan

Janion Fan
  • 240 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:25 AM

Regarding the Craigslist ad,  Ya gotta love realtors who continue to use digital renderings from the original offering over three years ago.  LAME!!.

And, owners who, for some reason, don't want anyone to know exactly where the Janion is (Johnson/Wharf), where the offsite private parking is, or exactly what their 400 square feet looks like - https://victoria.cra...5930353562.html

Gotta admit, I'm guilty of still using one of the digital renderings, in the absence of those beautiful pro photos whose access disappeared. I'm still hoping someone will tell me they downloaded them and can share. 

#2344 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:37 PM

And, owners who, for some reason, don't want anyone to know exactly where the Janion is (Johnson/Wharf), where the offsite private parking is, or exactly what their 400 square feet looks like - https://victoria.cra...5930353562.html

Gotta admit, I'm guilty of still using one of the digital renderings, in the absence of those beautiful pro photos whose access disappeared. I'm still hoping someone will tell me they downloaded them and can share. 

Call VHF for your photographic needs.

• Janion Fan likes this

#2345 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:30 AM

Victoria's underground tunnel chat has been moved to: http://vibrantvictor...tunnel-network/

• Nparker likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#2346 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:10 PM

I've been on quite a few strata councils and you ignored to mention the owner occupier that treats their place like garbage and throws cigarette buts off their balcony that land on the patio below.

I was on the Era (allows vacation rentals) council for a year and we didn't have any complaints pertaining to short term rentals.  All the complaints were against owner-occupiers or long term tenants.

Six months in, my building has had to paint parking level elevator room floors, the walls of those rooms, the main level's elevator area, and signs have been posted reminding residents not to touch walls with dirty hands or leave shoe prints by leaning on walls. And these are all adults. There are virtually no children in the building.

I swear, people act like spoiled kids nowadays. No regard for public spaces, even in their own buildings. One guy (or gal) has even taken to leaving gum stuck to elevator panels. Every day or there is another piece (very bright blue, very unique).

So would it be safe to assume that people living in purpose rental buildings tend to be less careful (or more careless?) than those renting a condo in a strata building?

I know in my building, more often than not the renters have been better behaved than some of the owners.  Strangely there are people here who want to limit rentals even further.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#2347 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,474 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:50 PM

Hmm, hard to say as I've seen some purpose-built rental buildings looks pretty spic and span. Maybe it has more to do with the company one keeps? It's odd though, that's for sure.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2348 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:08 PM

3 Janion units for sale.

#216 is 305 sq. ft.  $276,900.

#109 is 331 sq. ft   $335,000.

#205 is 560 sq. ft.  $429,000.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2349 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:19 PM

Bossi House, for comparison, has a 374 sq. ft. unit for 209,000.

#2350 janionconcierge

janionconcierge
  • 22 posts
  • LocationVictoria & Pender Island

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:49 PM

#205 is at the Union building, think it's a VR unit still it's interesting for comparison purposes

Janion Concierge Services

On Site Help For Janion Owners, Residents & Visitors

Call/Text Ken at 778-676-0796

Email: JanionConcierge@shaw.ca

For more info visit:

http://www.janionconcierge.com

or

http://www.janionconcierge.com/what-we-do

#2351 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:52 PM

Whoops....

#2352 Janion Fan

Janion Fan
  • 240 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:46 PM

Wow, what a difference in presentation between 216 and 109! It seems incredible to me that you'd list a $1,000/sq.ft. property using those photos. Really?

At the other end of the spectrum, the presentation of #216 has me yearning to make an offer....if only I hadn't just jumped through so many hoops to get my lowly little unit, I'd be all over this one. I, for one, am definitely sold on it.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#2353 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:02 PM

Wow, what a difference in presentation between 216 and 109! It seems incredible to me that you'd list a $1,000/sq.ft. property using those photos. Really?

At the other end of the spectrum, the presentation of #216 has me yearning to make an offer....if only I hadn't just jumped through so many hoops to get my lowly little unit, I'd be all over this one. I, for one, am definitely sold on it.

216 shows very well and they have dropped the price since the original offering.  I can't believe it hasn't sold.  511 sold in less than a week while 216 remains on the market at a much more decent price.  Who really knows what buyers are looking for?

• Janion Fan likes this

#2354 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:04 PM

What, the roll of green painters tape on the counter of #109 with a piece strewn across the stovetop didn't do it for you?    :lol:

Again, using renderings of the suite - especially to show the view.  Why no actual pics of the view?  Oh wait, it's a million dollar view of the "million $ bridge".  :blink:

Should have hired Marco.

Edited by Gary H, 08 February 2017 - 07:05 PM.

• Janion Fan likes this

#2355 Janion Fan

Janion Fan
  • 240 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:10 PM

#205 is at the Union building, think it's a VR unit still it's interesting for comparison purposes

It's a given that I think Janion's the best condo in Victoria, having no experience of any others, of course, but let me ask - is it really worth at 25% premium over Union (#109), just around the corner?

The Union unit doesn't really have a view but, #109 only has a view of the JSB, I'm guessing. Union's got parking. It's also really nicely livable at 560 square feet. Transient rentals allowed. 

So, is the Janion frenzy/cachet worth $1013 compared to Union $766 per square foot? I suppose only the market will say and, I also suppose they may be different markets?

Edited by Janion Fan, 08 February 2017 - 07:12 PM.

#2356 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:11 PM

Why no actual pics of the view?  Oh wait, it's a million dollar view of the "million $ bridge".  :blink:

Should have hired Marco.

Here is the picture of the view from the realtor's listing  (which is a screengrab from the developer's website).  I will give anyone $1million if you can see the MV Coho as depicted, from this level.  I would question a realtor's judgement in having this photo included in the offering:

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 7.13.20 PM.png

#2357 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:13 PM

It's a given that I think Janion's the best condo in Victoria, having no experience of any others, of course, but let me ask - is it really worth at 25% premium over Union, just around the corner?

The Union unit doesn't really have a view but, #109 only has a view of the JSB, I'm guessing. Union's got parking. It's also really nicely livable at 560 square feet. Transient rentals allowed. 

So, is the Janion frenzy/cachet worth $1013 compared to Union $766 per square foot? I suppose only the market will say and, I also suppose they may be different markets?

The Union is a nice building, and a great location.  And like you say, the parking is obviously added value.  But you need to go inside to some open houses to see the difference...  It's not the concrete construction of the new side of the Janion.  

• Janion Fan likes this

#2358 Janion Fan

Janion Fan
  • 240 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:25 PM

Here is the picture of the view from the realtor's listing  (which is a screengrab from the developer's website).  I will give anyone $1million if you can see the MV Coho as depicted, from this level.  I would question a realtor's judgement in having this photo included in the offering:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-02-08 at 7.13.20 PM.png

Over-promising and under-delivering - always a recipe for success in business...not. I actually feel quite sorry for whoever is going to show this unit. They'll need to address those high expectations of the view. Repeatedly.

#2359 2F2R

2F2R
  • 675 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:27 PM

Wow, 118 pages over five years ... any sign of Norther Junk progress ???

#2360 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,675 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:46 PM

... any sign of Northern Junk progress ???

Pam and the Hallmark folks need to whittle this down a few more floors yet. I understand the current proposal is taller than a nearby tree.

• jonny likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users