BUILT
The Janion
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: Store Street at Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 7
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, loft, 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Janion development includes the full heritage restoration of the historic Janion Hotel, built in 1891, and... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Janion on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Janion Building redevelopment | 7-storeys | Built/renovated - completed in 2016

Condo Commercial

• Please log in to reply
2679 replies to this topic

#2381 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:44 PM

Queen Mother tried that spot and it was a dismal failure. But alot has changed since then with more people living in the area.  

Whoever is trying to rent out "407" (same space) has been at that for over a year, and i have yet to see a single soul in there. 

Look how long it took Canoe to get their spot going.

I wouldn't touch it.

• Matt R. likes this

#2382 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:26 PM

^^ Honestly did not know a commercial space even existed there.

When (if?) the harbour walkway goes past the Janion, the parking lot to the north connecting to the pier/Canoe Club, I could maybe see someone being successful there.

That, or something with some known appeal could draw people to an out of the way location. 

• Nparker likes this

#2383 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:37 PM

I really liked that Queen Mother when it was there. It seemed like a cool space.

http://vibrantvictor...-mermaid-wharf/

• Nparker likes this

#2384 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:39 PM

/\   The space in there is actually an improvement, so it's sad that it's not getting any use.

#2385 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:08 AM

$121/night for Janion.

https://www.airbnb.c...ren=0&infants=0

• janionconcierge likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2386 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:42 AM

^ Cleaning fee of $70 seems pretty steep for such a small place.

#2387 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:47 AM

There's a huge shortage of decent cleaners so they can really charge what they want. Or if the owner cleans it himself, a tidy extra profit. It doesn't take a vastly smaller amount of time to do a studio compared to a one bedroom--you still have to do the laundry, scrub the bathroom, take out garbage and recyclables et cetera. 

• Matt R., Janion Fan and janionconcierge like this

#2388 janionconcierge

janionconcierge
  • 22 posts
  • LocationVictoria & Pender Island

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:54 AM

^ Cleaning fee of $70 seems pretty steep for such a small place.

Finding cleaners who are basically willing to work on call 7 days a week often on a tight turnaround schedule really isn't easy.  

I quickly learned that for a cleaner, a kitchen is a kitchen and a bathroom is a bathroom. Janion units are full of tempered glass and subway tile in the bathrooms, chrome and shiny white surfaces almost everywhere else. IMHO sparkling clean is job one in the accommodation business. :-)

• Rob Randall and JanionGuy like this

Janion Concierge Services

On Site Help For Janion Owners, Residents & Visitors

Call/Text Ken at 778-676-0796

Email: JanionConcierge@shaw.ca

For more info visit:

http://www.janionconcierge.com

or

http://www.janionconcierge.com/what-we-do

#2389 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:56 AM

Concierge, what is the experience with contract cleaners, are there many that do many Air BnB's?  It must be quite a juggle with arrival/departure times varying.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2390 janionconcierge

janionconcierge
  • 22 posts
  • LocationVictoria & Pender Island

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:05 AM

Concierge, what is the experience with contract cleaners, are there many that do many Air BnB's?  It must be quite a juggle with arrival/departure times varying.

Most cleaning companies offer VR services but like anything else, it's about finding the right fit. Yes, coordinating same day turnovers definitely makes life interesting. But every day is different and that's one of the things I love about this job. :-)

Janion Concierge Services

On Site Help For Janion Owners, Residents & Visitors

Call/Text Ken at 778-676-0796

Email: JanionConcierge@shaw.ca

For more info visit:

http://www.janionconcierge.com

or

http://www.janionconcierge.com/what-we-do

#2391 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:06 PM

That bed doesn't look like it would hold up during a good romp the two little legs look flimsy

#2392 Switch4160

Switch4160
  • 1 posts
  • LocationYellowknife / Victoria

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:06 AM

HB ^^

Bed is 'ROMP' Certified! It even has 2 bed belts for those concerned about heavy bucking. For your added safety the bed legs are after-market super duper-reinforced military-grade anti-flims jumbo-jet-aircraft-aluminum. Guaranteed not to fail in moments of passion or everyday use. Mattress has also been upgraded to the Longhorn package which includes memory foam and stain resistant cushion covers. All Janion beds come stock with extra engineered looks-like-plywood-told-it-wasn't-but-probably-is-just-plywood leaf springs for those who need a little extra carrying capacity, bed stays flat even under pressure. 

I wouldn't worry too much about romp-ability with little gaffer, but don't take my word for it, try it out yourself and book for a test drive here:

https://www.airbnb.c...ren=0&infants=0

G'day! 8 ) 

• Matt R. and HB like this

#2393 Gmanheman

Gmanheman
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:51 PM

My Disclosure Statement says a microwave is included in the purchase price. Justin from Reliance said that the Developer has "decided" not to provide it. To me this is a breach of the purchase contract, any thoughts?

#2394 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:51 PM

a microwave can be had for around $50 but maybe the shower door sweep was a trade off

stick to your guns and demand your nuclear cooker

#2395 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:51 PM

a microwave can be had for around $50 but maybe the shower door sweep was a trade off

stick to your guns and demand your nuclear cooker

#2396 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:29 PM

Jon Stovell seems like a decent enough guy, but I gotta say, this has been a Mickey Mouse deployment.

Shoddy finishing
Building exterior still clearly isn't done
Flooding showers
Missing appliances

Wtf Jon?
  • JanionGuy and Janion Fan like this

#2397 Janion Fan

Janion Fan
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:31 PM

I must admit that I was very starry-eyed about the whole development, as you know. I'm still completely and utterly thrilled to have had the chance to be an owner. Still, I will say that the tarnish started to creep in with the rushed closing and the challenges with finishing et al, especially now that the builder rep seems to have gone AWOL.

Here's how silly I was. I thought that the incredible experience we had as purchasers (coffee table book presented at cocktail and canapé party) would continue. I felt so highly valued. Part of that feeling, in fact a large part, was due to Jon Stovell's personal interest not only in everyone at that party but, in his monitoring of this board. I actually thought that the pre-closing experience would be equalled by the possession one. I imagined a rooftop welcome party, hosted by Mr. Stovell. I know - unicorns and pixie dust. 

Anyway, reality is that we owners are all very lucky to have got in when we did but, we're now on our own. Which is how it should be once the handover is done but, still, a part of me still feels a bit abandoned. A BIG part of any purchase transaction is after-sales service. If you value customer loyalty, that is. I'm afraid Jon Stovell, Reliance and Magnum have dropped the ball in that department. Big time. Customer loyalty might have come in handy with Reliance's Northern Junk project. Oh well.

Moving on, though. I see there's some talk on another thread about the staircase to nowhere, the inviting (to tent city residents) underside of the JSB and the gravel walkway that still exists, leading to our entrance. These are all City items and, I suppose they no longer belong on the Janion forum but, I sure do miss coming here for my update fixes!

Edited by Janion Fan, 06 March 2017 - 07:33 PM.

#2398 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:23 PM

The underpart of that bridge will surely get covered in graffiti.Hopefully it will be nice graffiti. the art work type like these samples from the area........

#2399 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:02 AM

^ Where abouts is the sketch with the girl HB? That is well done.

The person that painted the clown on the other hand needs to seek help asap. Something must have happened when he/she was five or six.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#2400 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:15 AM

Corner of Mason and Cook on the building next to Welburns the clown and the sperm are in the Jordan River Pumphouse

Edited by HB, 07 March 2017 - 06:17 AM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users