Victoria HarbourCats - Collegiate league at Royal Athletic Park

• Please log in to reply
677 replies to this topic

#481 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:43 PM

Just 2,676 at the home opener tonight.  Still well above their last year average, but the last two years they were at or over 4,000 for the opener, on more friendly weeknights.  They have a very poor home schedule this year.

The HarbourCats have led the WCL in attendance for four consecutive seasons. That includes the 60,466 times the turnstiles were churned through 27 home dates last year at Royal Athletic Park, for an average of 2,239 fans per game.

The next closest in the WCL in 2016 were the Corvallis Knights of Oregon, who averaged 1,435 fans per game.

Victoria’s total was up from its average of 1,910 in 2015, which also topped the league that year.

- See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.w0AvxQ8R.dpuf

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 05 June 2017 - 08:49 PM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#482 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:38 AM

1,200 people yesterday and that was with the Clair Eccles debut. Gresham had 100 show up for their home game.

#483 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:14 AM

1,200 people yesterday and that was with the Clair Eccles debut. Gresham had 100 show up for their home game.

Ya, the trouble with her being a reliever is you never can know when she might play.

Introducing our next-game promotion, “COLUMBIA FUELS NEVER BEEN TO A GAME BEFORE” night at RAP -- Monday, June 12 game

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – June 8, 2017

VICTORIA, B.C. – For those who have yet to attend their first Victoria HarbourCats game, here’s your chance to break the ice.

Never been to a HarbourCats game? It’s time to change that.

On June 12, you get in FREE.

Introducing the Columbia Fuels “NEVER BEEN TO A GAME BEFORE” night.

Thanks to Columbia Fuels, anyone who has yet to see a baseball game at RAP, with the team in its fifth season in the West Coast League, will be allowed in free – for the game on Monday, June 12 when the Port Angeles Lefties make their first-ever appearance at Royal Athletic Park. First pitch will be thrown at 6:35pm with gates opening at 5:30pm.

It’s really that simple – SHOW UP TO THE TICKET WINDOW. Say it’s your first time. We’ll let you in, to sit in any of the General Admission (rush seating, silver bleacher) areas.

(We are very, very trusting, and very, very welcoming!)

“Columbia Fuels has been a great partner for three seasons, and their focus is about community and bringing people together,” said Jim Swanson, Managing Partner for the HarbourCats.

“We want everyone to have the opportunity to experience a HarbourCats game, and of course we hope those who try it once will come back again soon. But this is a way to team with Columbia Fuels to expose our entertainment to more people.”

The game will be the first of a two-game series between the HarbourCats and the WCL’s newest team, the Port Angeles Lefties. The HarbourCats were victorious in the first ever game in Port Angeles on June 1, defeating the Lefties by a score of 11-2.

The HarbourCats are in Wenatchee, Thursday through Saturday, for a three-game series against the Wenatchee AppleSox before returning to action in Victoria on June 12.

Victoria currently sits third in the WCL North Division at 4-3, half a game back of Kelowna and Walla Walla.

Tickets (single game, 10-packs, season tickets) and information are available at the HarbourCats office, by phone, and online at http://harbourcats.com/tickets/

Single game tickets for all games are available for purchase online at: http://www.ticketrocket.co/search/events?searchText=HarbourCats

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#484 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:33 AM

^ Well the HC stated that she would pitch last night. I believe that she has now left to re-join the Canadian woman's team so that would have been her only chance in the near term.

Edited by spanky123, 08 June 2017 - 09:33 AM.

#485 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:49 AM

^ Well the HC stated that she would pitch last night. I believe that she has now left to re-join the Canadian woman's team so that would have been her only chance in the near term.

Well, they said she was "slated to see game action depending on game situation".   And that's about as far as they can go really.  You are not going to pull your starting pitcher in a close game if he's doing fantastic and still has a low pitch count.  And/or you are not going to put her in if you have a better closer on hand.  As it turned out last night, they did not have much to lose by putting her in when they were down 7-0.

#486 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:28 AM

Eccles didn't fare very well in her first outing. Hopefully it was just nerves.

Hit a batter. Threw a wild pitch. 2 earned runs in 2 innings of work. Worked to a 9.00 ERA.

#487 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:32 AM

Eccles didn't fare very well in her first outing. Hopefully it was just nerves.

Hit a batter. Threw a wild pitch. 2 earned runs in 2 innings of work. Worked to a 9.00 ERA.

Ya, no strike outs.

They should have scripted the hit batter better.  That batter should have changed the mound with fists flying.  That would be more international news.

I'm hearing some rumours that they might be able to find a starting role for her in one home game, if things can align right (right opposing team line-up etc.).

#488 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:46 AM

Ya, no strike outs.

They should have scripted the hit batter better.  That batter should have changed the mound with fists flying.  That would be more international news.

I'm hearing some rumours that they might be able to find a starting role for her in one home game, if things can align right (right opposing team line-up etc.).

Is she even still with the team though. I heard her interviewed on CFAX the day after her debut and it sounded like she had left to join the Canadian women's team.

#489 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:03 AM

She will go back and forth all summer. Harbour Air or Helijet takes her.

#490 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:58 PM

Just a reminder, if you've never been to a HCats game, you can go in for free tomorrow night.  Monday, June 12th.  Just tell 'em.  Honour system.

• 57WestHills likes this

#491 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:17 AM

screenshot-westcoast.bbstats.pointstreak.com-2017-06-12-08-16-36.png

#492 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:21 AM

Just a reminder, if you've never been to a HCats game, you can go in for free tonight.  Monday, June 12th.  Just tell 'em.  Honour system.

#493 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:30 PM

Claire Eccles scores the win for the team today.

• Bingo likes this

#494 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:18 PM

^ What is the scoop with Kitsap? Are they coming back to the WCL or was this just an exhibition?

#495 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:32 PM

Claire Eccles scores the win for the team today.

Nvm

Edited by jonny, 18 June 2017 - 04:33 PM.

#496 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:25 AM

^ What is the scoop with Kitsap? Are they coming back to the WCL or was this just an exhibition?

Exhibition.

#497 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:18 PM

3,137 fans for the school spirit game today.  6-1 win over the Lefties.

• 57WestHills likes this

#498 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:13 AM

HarbourCats won last night, but they are all but out of contention for 1st place in the 1st half of the season.  They have played 21 games now, of 27 that makes up a half-season.

So they will try to win the second half to make the playoff.

Today is Bark in the Park day.  Bring your dog to the park.

#499 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:41 AM

Is today's admission to the game a barking dog?

#500 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 804 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:57 AM

Sounds like that place will be barking mad.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users