Photo

[Jubilee] Royal Jubilee Hospital Patient Care Centre | 32.5m | 8-storeys | Built - completed in 2011

Civic

• Please log in to reply
445 replies to this topic

#421 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:34 PM

I know a guy that had heart surgery at the Jubilee a few years ago who recently got a letter from the health authority saying the blood circulation machine that kept him alive during the procedure wasn't cleaned properly and may have been contaminated with a fungus that could cause untreatable illness or death at any time.

#422 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:44 PM

Rob, are you able to expand on this?
  • todd likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#423 Janion Fan

Janion Fan
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:37 PM

Yes, please. More info? My husband had a heart procedure a few years ago at Jubilee. Our friend, open heart surgery at Jubilee 3 years ago. No letters here. What procedure, what year was the operation, when did he get the letter?

• todd likes this

#424 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:24 PM

I'll get more details tomorrow. His surgery was about five years ago. He says this was reported in the news last year but I couldn't find anything. I know another guy that had a heart procedure around the same time, I'll ask him, too.

Sorry, didn't mean to upset anybody with vague information. I am assuming anyone at risk has already been contacted.

Edited by Rob Randall, 23 January 2017 - 11:25 PM.

• todd likes this

#425 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:37 AM

I know a guy that had heart surgery at the Jubilee a few years ago who recently got a letter from the health authority saying the blood circulation machine that kept him alive during the procedure wasn't cleaned properly and may have been contaminated with a fungus that could cause untreatable illness or death at any time.

Did it end with "have a nice day"?

Island Health - Excellent health and care for everyone, everywhere, every time.

• todd likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#426 pennymurphy2000

pennymurphy2000
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:41 AM

http://news.fraserhe...e-advisory.aspx

• Rob Randall and todd like this

#427 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:59 AM

Did it end with "have a nice day"?

Island Health - Excellent health and care for everyone, everywhere, every time.

This is why I bathe myself in purell the moment of leaving the hospital. Gargling with listerine would prevent this?

Edited by todd, 24 January 2017 - 12:19 PM.

#428 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:46 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiquzDo2j1Q

Next time bring a can of lysol and give the OR a spray down.

Edited by todd, 24 January 2017 - 12:56 PM.

#429 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:38 PM

http://healthycanadi.../60662a-eng.php

Edited by todd, 24 January 2017 - 01:42 PM.

#430 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:48 PM

Easy only 56 steps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb0YuwrfjGE

Edited by todd, 24 January 2017 - 02:00 PM.

• Matt R. likes this

#431 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:32 PM

I wish I had never seen this image. It's like the same basic design as the final building but much more refined and complete looking.

jubilee.png

http://zeidler.com/r...npatient-tower/

• Nparker and sebberry like this

#432 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:00 PM

I see what you mean

rjh.JPG

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#433 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,402 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:23 PM

:whyme:

#434 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:04 PM

They built that parking garage to block the view and installed the ugly hydro poles.

#435 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 08:17 PM

The Jubilee's total communication system shut down today from 7 am to noon. That takes in everything from the entire phone network to the elevators full of trapped people that had to be rescued by emergency personnel prying open the doors. Don't tell anyone this happened because it's a bit of a security risk and they don't want the word to get out, hence that's why you didn't hear about it on the evening news.

#436 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 21 April 2021 - 08:25 PM

The Jubilee's total communication system shut down today from 7 am to noon. That takes in everything from the entire phone network to the elevators full of trapped people that had to be rescued by emergency personnel prying open the doors. Don't tell anyone this happened because it's a bit of a security risk and they don't want the word to get out, hence that's why you didn't hear about it on the evening news.

Next we're going to hear about rumors of cracking floors.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#437 RustyNail

RustyNail
  • 208 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 07:40 AM

Next we're going to hear about rumors of cracking floors.

The machine cleaning issue was due to the potential presence of a particularly resistant/rare fungus that is native to the area where the machines are made (another continent). It was very rare and unlikely to be present, but the manufacturer was bound to let customers know and customers were bound to let patients know. The manufacturer and customers have long since addressed the issue. It wasn't due to someone in Island health shirking their duties with respect to machine disinfection and cleaning protocols.

Regarding the network outage yesterday: that was Island wide across sites. This was a big, big deal and affected nearly everything network related, as previously mentioned. Let's just say more things are network related than people realize. There is no conspiracy to hide this from the public or news outlets, lol. How would you even enforce that on the thousands of employees? The IT/networks guys are probably still busy trying to sort out what happened, the scope of what was affected, and how to mitigate it in the future. This is still fresh. More info to come I'm sure.
  • sebberry likes this

#438 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 08:10 AM

Can’t we just switch out the SIM cards from Rogers to Telus?
  • sebberry and Matt R. like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#439 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 09:10 AM

There is no conspiracy to hide this from the public or news outlets, lol. How would you even enforce that on the thousands of employees?

Is there a grand conspiracy coverup? Well, no, but workers were told by management to keep the details of this major incident under their hats for now until they could craft their own explanation if asked. 

#440 RustyNail

RustyNail
  • 208 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 09:17 AM

Is there a grand conspiracy coverup? Well, no, but workers were told by management to keep the details of this major incident under their hats for now until they could craft their own explanation if asked.

I work for Island Health and received no such communication.

Edited by RustyNail, 22 April 2021 - 09:17 AM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users