The fire incident thread

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#221 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:21 PM

Almost sure when your year long investigation culminates with an arrest just yesterday, charges are not dropped today.

It's so odd.
  • todd likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#222 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:28 PM

The TC has updated the Large article for the 2nd time today.

And in this version crown prosecutors have agreed there was never enough of a case against him to proceed.

http://www.timescolo...roved-1.7000080

• Nparker likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#223 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:54 AM

The TC updated the Large story a 3rd time last night at 10pm.

http://www.timescolo...roved-1.7000080

#224 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:01 AM

VV's request for comment by VicPD has gone unanswered. Which is pretty bad optics as just the other night I was on the phone with an officer who handles such enquiries and he had asked to always send them a message if there was ever a question, if there was ever a need for clarification on any issue involving VicPD.

Needless to say, if they're not responding to the TC they likely won't respond to anyone on this issue (yet).

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#225 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:07 AM

Mike on your next communication with them please ask why the Blanshard Court fire is not being investigated.

We don't need responses such as the building is unsafe.

It has been shored up now and the community needs an answer to what cause the fire.

The Twin Towers and other buildings in that area were also a little unsafe but people were in there collecting evidence and such for a year so lets get them to steer away from the Bull Crap reason and give us the actual reason the on that is believable.

• Nparker likes this

#226 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:21 PM

Bad house fire Transit Rd south Oak Bay.

IMG_0702.JPG

#227 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:26 PM

Fire crews on scene at the Ducks Building on Broad Street where smoke can be seen coming out of the entrance near Saint Franks.

#228 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:28 PM

Fire crews on scene at the Ducks Building on Broad Street where smoke can be seen coming out of the entrance near Saint Franks.

Photo by Greg A.

17800161_10155012605637209_3451583500065703608_n.jpg

#229 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:28 PM

Good grief.

#230 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:36 PM

http://youtu.be/t8pBJIISsPQ

#231 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,144 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:58 PM

Nice video HB. Thank you for that.

#232 Love the rock

Love the rock
  • 945 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:12 PM

Mike on your next communication with them please ask why the Blanshard Court fire is not being investigated.
We don't need responses such as the building is unsafe.
It has been shored up now and the community needs an answer to what cause the fire.

The Twin Towers and other buildings in that area were also a little unsafe but people were in there collecting evidence and such for a year so lets get them to steer away from the Bull Crap reason and give us the actual reason the on that is believable.

This fire got me thinking about how things get just dissolve into thin air if people higher up decided to make it happen.
With all the media,Internet and other communications it really amazes me this still happenson a regular basis.
I think we get a false sense that we are keeping up on what's going on when probably we have no idea .

#233 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:22 PM

$200k damage today, TC says.

#234 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:29 AM

St. Frank's comes out of a 1.5-month FB-posting hiatus, with this:

Saint Franks: First we'd like to thank the Victoria Fire Department for their incredible work to mitigate a situation that could have been a million times worse.
Second is that we will be beginning the process of getting back up and running asap. 
Thank you to everyone for your kind words, messages and to everyone else for your support... Franks will be back and this **** will be crazier than ever.... cheers #localdive #yyj #somanysmokiejokes

#235 Jaysomethin

Jaysomethin
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:52 PM

Hey VV people,

I'm one of the owners of Saint Franks, I was made aware of this thread from a friend. Just wanted to clear up a few details from that report in the times colonist. Neither myself or my partner were interviewed and it is full of inaccuracies.
- we are closed Monday and Tuesdays so no staff were showing up for shifts.
- the fire was electrical in nature, apparantly started from a small desk fan
- as far as cost of damage we have no idea where that number came from
- and as an aside, we generally don't post to Facebook, we find Instagram (which we post to nearly daily) is a better tool for us.

Again a huge thank you to the VicFd and too the hundreds of folks who have sent us messages of support with offers to help get us back on our feet.

On a personal note I am a huge fan of this site (though like our Facebook account, rarely a poster). Keep up the amazing work.... Cheers
  • VicHockeyFan, Nparker, weirdie and 5 others like this

#236 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:58 PM

^ The Times Colonist is pretty much only inaccuracies.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#237 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:25 PM

^ ^ Ya, we never expect news stories to be accurate.  Lol.

Tip:  Link your Instagram to FB, so they both post automatically!

• Nparker, Matt R. and sdwright.vic like this

#238 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:55 PM

Cool. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm quite the fan of Saint Franks, btw. Being a shitty beer guy I approve of the selection :)
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#239 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:09 PM

FD said that it would have been pretty bad if it happened over night when no one was around to see smoke coming out the door

#240 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:43 PM

Looks like B&E grocery on Cook St. will open soon.

Not sure about the apartments above.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users