Target stores in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
467 replies to this topic

#21 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

So what is the planned opening date? It looks pretty close.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#22 bluefox

bluefox

ex-Victorian

• 697 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

So what is the planned opening date? It looks pretty close.

Supposedly second week of March, from what my friend working in the mall said.
(Not the owner of, nor am I associated with, the Blue Fox Café, in any way.)

#23 UrbanRail

UrbanRail
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

For the next two weeks they are having a job fair and interviews at one of the hotels downtown. So maybe the second week of March makes sense for an opening date.

#24 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

Will be interesting to see what a 10 mil renovation does to the space. Especially since the corporate colour scheme is the same.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#25 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

^Even though they both used red I anticipate a vast difference in the modernity, airiness, cleanliness and style. The first thing that greeted you at Zellers was the battered red doors with the paint flaking off. Zellers would have been a great place to film one of those end-of-the-world zombie movies.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#26 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

^True that!

#27 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,589 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

No question; I've been to Target stores in several states including the Super Target outlets in Houston and Omaha and rest assured unless they have radically "Canadianized" their stores here, a Target (thankfully) bears no resemblance to poor old tired Zellers. Kind of like walking out of the Middle Ages onto a Star Wars set....

#28 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

No question; I've been to Target stores in several states including the Super Target outlets in Houston and Omaha and rest assured unless they have radically "Canadianized" their stores here, a Target (thankfully) bears no resemblance to poor old tired Zellers. Kind of like walking out of the Middle Ages onto a Star Wars set....

Except for colour scheme... which Zellers changed the first tome Target wanted to buy many years ago.

#29 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,589 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Except for colour scheme... which Zellers changed the first tome Target wanted to buy many years ago.

Sorry let me be more exact here - by not bearing any resemblance to Zellers I was primarily referring to physical layout but moreover and above all to atmosphere and staff attitudes toward Customer Service. I am far less concerned about color schemes. Could be puce or mauve for all I care.

#30 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

^Even though they both used red I anticipate a vast difference in the modernity, airiness, cleanliness and style. The first thing that greeted you at Zellers was the battered red doors with the paint flaking off. Zellers would have been a great place to film one of those end-of-the-world zombie movies.

I was in Port Alberni last week and their Zellers is still open. Its a 3 floor one but sadly for the employees when it closes thats it. No Target

Target in Victoria did most of their hiring in January. They had a spot in Tillicum Mall next to Source where they did intervieing and hiring for both Vic stores.

#31 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

These are the checkouts and are near the front along the left wall when looking in. Kind of like a corral for herding humans and relieving them of thier money similar to Walmarts corraling system.

#32 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

These are the checkouts and are near the front along the left wall when looking in. Kind of like a corral for herding humans and relieving them of thier money similar to Walmarts corraling system.

Kind of like the turnstiles to go into a Canadian Tire store.

I often feel like baaing when going through one of those.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#33 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:33 AM

Winners has gone to this type of system also. Seems to be the latest retail trend.

#34 arfenarf

arfenarf
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

Winners has gone to this type of system also. Seems to be the latest retail trend.

I really like it. I shouldn't let myself get stressed out about whether this line or that line ...d'oh, that lady is trying to return six items!... will go faster, but I do. The corralling system lets me relax. I'll get my turn when I get my turn.

#35 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

Yup it is fair. I like it. I wish Walmart had this for all their checkouts.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#36 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

Why aren't we moving to more self-checkouts?

Where do we have them other than Home Depot?
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#37 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

Safeway has them and they're clearly an excuse not to put real humans at the till.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#38 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

Save on.

I like the self checkouts, as long as you understand the quirks of the particular computer system that is. They are a pain though for larger grocery store runs, and I assume theft and accidental theft would be higher than with convential cashiers.

#39 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

At Save-Ons they are now limiting the self checkouts to small grocery purchases. More often than not if buying over a dozen items I'll run into an error and require a clerk to clear it and set things right. It's a hassle, actually, and I find it's faster to use the traditional check out process if the wait isn't too long.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#40 UrbanRail

UrbanRail
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

Probably because it takes away jobs from actual humans. I personally prefer talking and interacting with a human being. You just dont get that from a machine.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users