All You Can Eat

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

Easy now all. Let's not have any more talk about this unless you are talking about the quantity to be had.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#22 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

Dude, let it go. If you didn't feel that it was somehow accurate, you wouldn't still be butthurt over it a year after the fact. Move on.

Wow, sorry for trying to understand your point of view and empathize with what it must be like to be a loud-mouthed armchair pundit with nothing tangible to contribute to society, other than frckless commentary. And for the record, you also took non-sequitur cheap shots as part of a discussion on Gladstone Avenue parking.

EDIT: Also, I love blackberries and lots of 'em!

#23 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

We have a blackberry bush in the backyard and yes, I noticed it ripened much earlier this year, with ripe berries appearing in late July. I have a handful on my cereal most mornings (an industrial-size crate of oatmeal from Costco) meaning my all-you-can-eat breakfast costs only a few cents. It definitely is invasive--if I didn't cut the 12 foot bush back every year it would take over the yard in very short order.

Some of the local wineries offer a blackberry port, a sweet dessert wine that's delicious. Definitely not all you can drink on that one.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#24 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

"The Himalayan Blackberry, despite its name, comes from Europe and was introduced to America in 1885 by an American botanist who prized the plant for its abundant berries. By 1945, the plant had spread along the Pacific Coast and it is now widespread in much of the province. The fruit of the plant, the blackberry, is an obstacle in controlling the spread of the species, as people like the berries and want easy access to them."

http://alienspecies....ayan-blackberry

The seeds are spread by animals and birds and fortunately they don't get a foothold in my garden, even though the odd cane appears from time to time.
I am a blackberry NIMBY, but like them in my TUMMY. :muching_out:

#25 LJ

LJ
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

We planted a thornless blackberry bush that let you have the taste without all the puncture wounds.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#26 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,007 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:43 PM

We planted a thornless blackberry bush that let you have the taste without all the puncture wounds.

Birds appreciate it to. It seems that the thorns are nature's method of keeping birds away!

#27 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:31 PM

Let's revive this thread. Anything new?
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#28 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:32 PM

Let's revive this thread. Anything new?

Not sure, but suddenly I am very hungry. Thanks VHF.

#29 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:37 PM

You can go to places like Denny's and Red Robin and eat for free on your birthday.

I think there are limits and you need to register as you can't have more than one birthday in a year.

#30 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:11 AM

Plutos AYCE:

AFTER 5PM

Sunday - spaghetti - $12.50

Monday - tacos - $12.50

Thursday - wings and chips - $15.50 

$3.25 bottomless pop, any day of week.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#31 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:15 AM

Plutos AYCE:

Sunday - spaghetti - $12.50

Monday - tacos - $12.50

Thursday - wings and chips - $15.50 

I never eat spaghetti on Sundays because I usually have my white shirt on.

#32 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:27 AM

You can go to places like Denny's and Red Robin and eat for free on your birthday.
I think there are limits and you need to register as you can't have more than one birthday in a year.

Red Robin you have to register. Denny's no I don't think.

#33 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:54 PM

Yates St. Taphouse has a $10 salad (Caesar or green) and bottomless soup-of-the-day combo every day.

• Matt in Langford likes this

#34 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:20 PM

The Sunday Night Pasta Buffet is Back Our family favourite takes place every Sunday evening in Bella, starting at 5:00pm. Sunday Night Buffet includes:
  • Made-to-order Pasta Station
  • Pizza and Salads
  • Dessert Station and House-made Sweets
  • $29 for adults, $15 for kids 12 & under.

•  
http://bearmountain....ng/Pasta-Buffet

#35 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:31 AM

Damn, someone mentioned buffet in another thread.

Look, can someone just open one?  How hard can it be?  You put the food out on day #1.  The stuff that does not get eaten becomes soup on day #2.  The soup left over after day #2 becomes dog and cat food after you dry the water back out.

No wastage whatsoever.  The water you take out before the dog food part you can inject into the sludge line, so maybe locate along that path.

All You Can Eat buffet one side of the building, bulk dog/cat food retail on the other.

Matt R., can you confirm this from a food safety and economic perspective?

Four easy price points:

All You Can Eat food:    $14.99

All You Can Eat soup:    $2.99

50 pounds of dog food:     $29.99

20 pounds of cat food:    $19.99 (cat people are women, you can always charge more, like you do for haircuts etc.)

• Mike K., Matt R., Bingo and 1 other like this

#36 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:33 AM

^ you always have these sometimes brilliant business ideas... why aren't you Victoria's resident tycoon?

• todd likes this

#37 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:38 AM

^ you always have these sometimes brilliant business ideas... why aren't you Victoria's resident tycoon?

How do you know I'm not?  I might be Duncan Morrison.

#38 Jill

Jill
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:42 AM

Shouldn't you be at the airport, waiting for that flight to Calgary?

#39 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:54 AM

How do you know I'm not? I might be Duncan Morrison.

Come on down to The Docks on Wharf St.  For some seafood.  Or cat food.

#40 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:40 AM

you always have these sometimes brilliant business ideas... why aren't you Victoria's resident tycoon?

Sometimes?  I would say it's 87% of the time.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users