- - - - -

Victoria Public Market at The Hudson

• Please log in to reply
340 replies to this topic

#281 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:25 PM

...Is there any need to make "the Very Good Butchers" a conversation about whether or not a person chooses not to eat an animal or its bi-products?

Once you learn that TVGB is a vegan establishment it does rather suggest that traditional butchers are not "very good". Their name was hardly chosen by accident.

#282 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:27 PM

Perfect. Alt-Meat TM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IKVj4l5GU4

#283 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:28 PM

AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

#284 goke

goke
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:15 PM

"produce butchers" are supposedly a trend.

I'll chop my own carrots thanks.

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/food/latest+trend+high+grocery+stores+might+seem+laughable+98produce/12842748/story.html

#285 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:15 PM

^link is not working.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#286 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:05 PM

...Whole Foods is the latest grocery store to offer a vegetable butchery service to customers...[it] charges US$1 per pound (5 pound maximum) on top of the cost of the produce for fruit and vegetables that are sold by the pound. Prepping produce sold individually costs US$1 per piece...

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/food/latest+trend+high+grocery+stores+might+seem+laughable+98produce/12842748/story.html

Taken in conjunction with Orange Hitler in the White House, surely this is another sign of the coming apocalypse.

#287 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:55 AM

I've tried some of the Very Good Butcher's product and was very impressed so far (much better than Yves etc.). Looking forward to their shop here!

#288 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:06 AM

Is that a brand? So they're opening something like an outlet here?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#289 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:13 AM

It's a company that is opening up a location to sell their products to take home, but also will be serving food to eat there as well. I don't know a lot about them, but they did a pop-up store at the market a few month back which was popular enough for them to justify setting up here. Based on Denman Island.

They have a website and facebook page if you want to find out more - https://www.verygoodbutchers.com/

• Mike K. likes this

#290 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:02 PM

Went to the market to check out the "butcher." Was hoping to score some free samples. Gave up. Line wrapped around the front and halfway down the length of the market. Whole place was pretty busy today.

butcher01.jpg

Edited by Greg, 25 February 2017 - 01:03 PM.

• Rob Randall likes this

#291 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:55 PM

Cheap ass Victorians really like their freebies.

• VicHockeyFan and Dr. Barillas like this

#292 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:10 PM

It sounds like their prices are pretty reasonable. I just hope they can keep up with demand and don't fall into the "Open every day until question mark!" routine that most people can't stand.

#293 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:54 AM

Hello, some upcoming events at Victoria Public Market.

Movie Night in the Market – Wednesday, April 26th  from  7:00pm-10:00pm

Join us for Movie Night at the Market! This month we will be playing Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. 
Former scientist Galen Erso lives on a farm with his wife and young daughter Jyn. His peaceful existence comes crashing down when the evil Orson Krennic takes him away from his beloved family. Many years later, Galen is now the Empire's lead engineer for the most powerful weapon in the galaxy, the Death Star. Knowing that her father holds the key to its destruction, a vengeful Jyn joins forces with a spy and other resistance fighters to steal the space station's plans for the Rebel Alliance.

Admission to Movie Night at the Market is by donation.

Come early to have some dinner from the Market vendors, and get your spot! Our regular Market chairs will be available, but we encourage you to bring your own camping chair, fold up chair, etc...as we do have a limited number of seats available!

Kernels Popcorn will also be here selling bags of popcorn for only $2 per bag! Looking forwrad to seeing you all there!

Easter at the Market – Saturday, April 15th from 12:30pm-3:30pm

Join us for a fun filled family Easter event at the Market! On Saturday April 15th from 12:30pm - 3:30pm we'll be hosting a FREE Easter event featuring live music by VINYL WAVE, Balloon Twisting, Kids Crafts, a Free Photobooth by Island Photobooth, and Easter Treat Bags (available to the first 50 kids).

Schedule of Events:
~ Live Music by 
VINYL WAVE on the Market Stage 12:30pm - 3:30pm
~ Balloon Twisting by Kyle Mitchell 12:30pm - 3:30pm
~ Easter Bunny Masks Craft Table 12:30pm - 3:30pm
~ FREE Photobooth set up in the middle of the Market by 
Island Photobooth featuring Easter Props 12:30pm - 3:30pm

Mompreneur at the Market – Sunday, April 09th from 11:00am-3:00pm

Join us as we showcase the creations and businesses of our talented local Mompreneurs in a craft fair style event! Vendors will be set up in the center of the Market and selling everything from Handmade Artwork, Accessories and Jewellery, Children's Clothing, Toys, Sweet Treats, and more!

As always, our permanent vendors will be open and ready to serve you some delicious lunch options or items you can take home for dinner that evening!

NICOLE BENS  |  Administrative and Marketing Assistant

Victoria Public Market at the Hudson  |  1701 Douglas Street, Victoria, BC  V8W 0C1

Office: 778.433.2787  |  www.victoriapublicmarket.com

#294 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:57 AM

If they promise to never again use the term "Mompreneurs" I might be persuaded to attend.  :whyme:

• Baro, weirdie and Greg like this

#295 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,017 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:51 PM

Did this get posted already? News is a few days old

Sterling Grice and Co (foo, foo ramen, etc) have taken over the Smoken Bones space and will be turning it into a communal commissary kitchen.

Matt.

#296 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:54 PM

I thought town line turned it into a office.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#297 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,017 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:00 PM

I guess not.

#298 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:23 PM

...will be turning it into a communal commissary kitchen.
Matt.

What in the the sam hell is that? Sounds like some place Hawkeye and BJ eat at.

Edited by Rob Randall, 07 April 2017 - 08:23 PM.

• Nparker and zenbunny like this

#299 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,017 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:40 PM

Shared kitchen space, featuring M*A*S*Hed potatoes.

Matt.

Edited by Matt R., 07 April 2017 - 08:41 PM.

• Nparker and zenbunny like this

#300 Fat Tug

Fat Tug
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:41 PM

When they say commissary kitchen, I assume they mean that they mean a commercial kitchen that can be used by food truck operators. Not everything can be done in the trucks, so having reliable access to a well-stocked commercial kitchen is often necessary.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users