• Please log in to reply
340 replies to this topic

#41 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

I just think that the $5,000 penalty is a little steep for making a few people a little late for dinner. It's not like the city never dug up the road or lifted a manhole cover during rush hour.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#42 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

Well, at 4:15 it was all done.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#43 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#44 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

People who workin The area need to be able to travel to andfrom work without unnecessary delay caused by an activity such as installing a sign and blocking traffic on a Friday afternoon also peoe heading into town for dimness or entertainment at businesses would be affected

Hope these examples clear up the confusion

These folks going into town for "dimness"- are they all going to city hall or are there other locations as well?:)
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#45 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

These folks going into town for "dimness"- are they all going to city hall or are there other locations as well?:)

Sometimes I really hate spell check on my iphone. But yes lets go with that sounds good and city hall is the location but we could also add the parking ticket office as well or where ever they train the ticket givers.

#46 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

Well, at 4:15 it was all done.

At 4:15 it may have all been done but at 4:36 when I took this pic the lane was still closed and a traffic control pickup was blocking the lane to.
Taken from Roof of Sayward

#47 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

Indeed but during the install they were blocking at least two lanes you can see from my second photo.

#48 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

...at 4:36 when I took this pic...

Hmm, the clock tower in your pic says 4:24. ;)

#49 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

I go by my cell phone time which is same as camera time stamp.

Not that you have let it out of the bag that the time is wrong on that clock the cops will now be staking out people turning left at Pandora after 4 but the tower clock will read 10 minutes early... Great

The sign looks good on the.
I think this may create more foot traffic from Yates Douglas to the Bay Building just like the old days when shoppers strolled from Eatons,Metropolitan, Woolworths,Marks and SPencer etc down to the Hudsons Bay.
Now maybe they can get some stores opened where there used to be ones in Centennial Sq.
Remeber when Air Canada had a store front there

#50 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

Ya I remember the Air Canada office. I really miss the old Bay, was such a great store. Well so was the old Eatons too. Lotsa childhood memories of them both.

#51 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

Hmm, the clock tower in your pic says 4:24. ;)

Either the clock is 2 minutes slow or the #11 bus just behind the pickup at Fisgard, is 2 minutes fast. At any rate traffic doesn't seem to be backed up.

#52 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

Well there is a quest/reporting project for you to do tommorrow .
Head down there hold up your Cell phone with the time next to the City Hall clock.
Take a photo then report back here say at 5pm or should I say at 4:50pm guess it depends on which clock.

#53 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

Victoria's Public Market Returns!
High hopes for brand-new hub expected to fill the city's growing hunger for island-made goods.

By Jesse Donaldson, Yesterday, TheTyee.ca

"The support has been overwhelming," Lucas explains. "There's palpable excitement out there. And you can tell by the great vendors we've been able to recruit. There have been naysayers, no doubt, but they're so outnumbered by the positive energy that's been put into this project, by the people who have been outspoken about needing this for the downtown core. We look forward to proving the naysayers wrong this weekend, and finally opening this up for the people of Victoria to sink their teeth into."

http://thetyee.ca/Pr...-Public-Market/

#54 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,474 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:53 AM

I drove past the market last night and the sign was not lit. Please tell the letters will be lit up at night or at least have some form of night lighting?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#55 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

There are pics on their FB page of the opening. Looks very busy.

#56 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

I drove past the market last night and the sign was not lit. Please tell the letters will be lit up at night or at least have some form of night lighting?

They will, maybe the electrician wasn't around at 4pm on a Friday to hook 'er up yesterday.

Ya, it's crazy busy down there today, Salt Spring Island Cheese is raking in cash.

#57 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

^ That's all that's open so far inside. EDIT: Oh, hold on Damned Fine is not yet open.

#58 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

They will, maybe the electrician wasn't around at 4pm on a Friday to hook 'er up yesterday.

Ya, it's crazy busy down there today, Salt Spring Island Cheese is raking in cash.

that's way bigger than it looks when I go by on douglas :eek:

#59 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

I suspect that it will be very good for business at Smoken Bones.

#60 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

The sign is best viewed from across the street. I hope they don't loose any of the letters during the stormy season.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)