[Langford] Treanor Place Shopping Centre | Phase 1 built in 2018

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,338 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:34 AM

I hope that's not asphalt roofing on those buildings.  It really, really, really should be steel.

What's your argument for this? It's a relatively simple tradeoff between cost and lifetime.

There are arguments about which one looks better, but I've seen good and bad looks of both types. There is no rule that says retail/commercial can't use asphalt.

I assume you're talking about the gabled buildings. The flat roofs are probably tar/gravel or some rubber membrane from the illustration.

#22 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

It was never a gravel pit. It was a forested Junk Yard called Millstream, Auto Wrecking.

It was like a campground in the bush except it was full of autos.

They removed all the trees which is common for all developments in Langford then blasted it level which is why you thought it was a gravel pit

That's not quite true. There was a gravel operation there for about a year or more when they used the blast rock and turned it into gravel.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#23 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

That's not quite true. There was a gravel operation there for about a year or more when they used the blast rock and turned it into gravel.

Well if you are wanting to be that specific lets say this...It was also an ice rink because 13000 years ago there was a glacial ice sheet over it.

Sheesh..

#24 Danma

Danma
  • 889 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

It was never a gravel pit. It was a forested Junk Yard called Millstream, Auto Wrecking.

It was like a campground in the bush except it was full of autos.

They removed all the trees which is common for all developments in Langford then blasted it level which is why you thought it was a gravel pit

Oh god, that makes a gravel pit sound like the Taj Mahal.

#25 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

Well if you are wanting to be that specific lets say this...It was also an ice rink because 13000 years ago there was a glacial ice sheet over it.

Sheesh..

Odd thing for someone to say that has this as their tag line ......

"Dedicated to Nitpick when the facts are false, incomplete or fabricated"

#26 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

Odd thing for someone to say that has this as their tag line ......

"Dedicated to Nitpick when the facts are false, incomplete or fabricated"

Yes well my facts are correct it was never a gravel pit. when the junk yard was removed an dtrhe lot sold it was levellled by blasting calling it a gravel pit was and is absurd.

So I did notpick ther infor about it being a gravel pit was fabricated. Even if you were to walk that property today you would not find any gravel at all onsite.only the remnant blasted rock chunks

Next.

#27 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

If they put gravel in a truck and carted it away for some type of use... it was a gravel pit.

Edited by sdwright.vic, 15 December 2013 - 03:55 PM.

• sdwright.vic likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#28 renthefinn

renthefinn
  • 571 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

The lot was blasted and crushed on site to produce gravel. A pit it was not, but it's a silly point to be arguing either way.

#29 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 442 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

Drove by there today and the signage has been removed from the fence. Maybe they blew off in the wind, or maybe this project is Kaput.

Attached Images

• DSC03745.JPG

#30 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 442 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

Since the new Log House Pub liquor store was mentioned earlier I thought someone might be interested in seeing it in completion. It is a freakin' monster. This has to be largest one on the planet. (Please prove me wrong). What a waste of real estate. They should have put condos up above.

Attached Images

• DSC03743.JPG
  • DSC03746.JPG

#31 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

We went there not long after it opened. The shelves hadn't been fully stocked. Staff seemed more interested in chatting with each other than opening another till. Wine selection was meagre so we made the easy choice to head to Everything Wine. We'd go back as they probably have some good deals on hard liquor and I'd like to get a better idea of their selection.

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#32 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:15 PM

We went in just after it opened and they were doing beer tastings and the staff seemed quite attentive and helpful.

#33 Danma

Danma
  • 889 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

They have a decent selection of beer, and offer samples... it's not too bad. I still shop for wine at Everything Wine as they continue to have better prices and incredible selection.

• Nparker likes this

#34 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 442 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

Re: Treanor Place. Looks like it may not be totally kaput. Now being marketed by CBRE .Completion date of Fall 2013 has been moved to Fall 2015.

Ad here:
http://spacelist.ca/...ream_rd/space_1

Attached Images

• 2326 - 2350 Millstream Rd.JPG

• Mike K. likes this

#35 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

Who owns the 49 acre residential site? 

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#36 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,338 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:56 AM

Who owns the 49 acre residential site? 

They better fix the traffic issues before that gets built!

#37 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:03 AM

There are no visible traffic issues by the loghouse pub that I have seen and I pass by there twice per day
Which issue is it that you speak of?

#38 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,338 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

Not the pub specifically, but there are serious traffic issues at the #14 exit/overpass. Adding 250 SFH or more would seriously impact that.

#39 Danma

Danma
  • 889 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:47 AM

They need that second access route for Staples and Costco, period. The weekends are a pain in the arse. Weekdays are fine as is...

#40 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:54 AM

The city of Langford grabbed the national spotlight on Thursday, earning the 2014 Golden Scissors Award for its plan to reform business licences.

The small city swept aside dozens of larger federal and provincial agencies to win the award, which is handed out each year by the Canadian Federation of Independent Business to recognize efforts in cutting red tape to foster growth.

- See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.ozq1W5Qk.dpuf

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users