[Langford] Treanor Place Shopping Centre | Phase 1 built in 2018

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 LJ

LJ
  • 12,719 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

^ :thumbsup:

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#42 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 442 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

Not the pub specifically, but there are serious traffic issues at the #14 exit/overpass. Adding 250 SFH or more would seriously impact that.

I totally agree. It's a shitshow at the best of times. I had no idea how many vehicles traversed that section of road until I saw this ad for the Treanor Rd. development.

Attached Images

• 2326 - 2350 Millstream Rd jpg.JPG

#43 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 442 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

I jumped into the 'Wayback Machine" and snagged this photo of the site back in 2009.  I don't remember it being that rocky.

Attached Images

• 2350 Millstream Rd at Treanor - June 2009.JPG

#44 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

well it was and it was covered in a forest at one time too but forests are pretty much extinct in Langford.

If its green and has bark its as good as gone within the boundaries

#45 jdsony

jdsony
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

^ So glad there is someone just as jaded as I am when it comes to discussing Langford. I guess when you are mayor and don't live in your community you don't really care so much what it looks like just that you have a strong population base hooked on all your businesses.

Just looking at Millstream Village on that map you can see how inefficient the use of space is. It's a huge chunk of land for so few stores and it's nearly completely unwalkable between them.

While it makes sense to add residential mixed with the commercial for the Treanor Ave. the area is SO ugly now you'd have to be poor or mentally ill to live there. If you aren't mentally ill it won't be long before depression sets in.

Edited by jdsony, 26 February 2014 - 01:56 PM.

#46 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:15 PM

Stew does live in Langford and has for all of his 52 years

#47 mysage

mysage
  • 515 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

^ So glad there is someone just as jaded as I am when it comes to discussing Langford. I guess when you are mayor and don't live in your community you don't really care so much what it looks like just that you have a strong population base hooked on all your businesses.

Just looking at Millstream Village on that map you can see how inefficient the use of space is. It's a huge chunk of land for so few stores and it's nearly completely unwalkable between them.

While it makes sense to add residential mixed with the commercial for the Treanor Ave. the area is SO ugly now you'd have to be poor or mentally ill to live there. If you aren't mentally ill it won't be long before depression sets in.

I think you need to re think your use of words. For you to cast such negative asperations on the people of Langford and where they live is arrogant and mean spirited to say the least. You should also get your facst straight before you start spouting off. Stew Young lives in Langford and always has.

#48 Danma

Danma
  • 888 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

I think you need to re think your use of words. For you to cast such negative asperations on the people of Langford and where they live is arrogant and mean spirited to say the least. You should also get your facst straight before you start spouting off. Stew Young lives in Langford and always has.

Absolutely. It's fine to point out that it's not particularly walkable, and that it has room for improvement, but I take personal offense at comments like jdsony's, as I live in that area myself. If jdsony can't act civilized I suggest he find somewhere else to take his mean spirited insults.

#49 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:52 AM

Come on guys all play nice. The offense is a little over the top for post cited.

That said if concerns about an area could be put in a way that focuses on aspects of a project that you think could be improved and then provide a way to make it better we all win :)

And now back to regular programming. Further discussion of your concern over the post or where the Mayor lives will be deleted. 

• Bingo and bluefox like this

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#50 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:03 PM

Snub, how did you get that Google Maps picture from archive.org?

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#51 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 442 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

^ I got it From Google Maps actually. I was panning down Treanor towards Millstream and all of a sudden it jumped from 2011 to 2009. Same thing happened at Colwood Corners. I was looking at the CCC project office, went up the street and turned around and all of sudden I'm looking at the old pub instead. My guess is that the updated maps are still being phased in.

#52 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 442 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:47 AM

Looks like they are going to have another go at it:

Attached Images

• img019.jpg

#53 Danma

Danma
  • 888 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:13 AM

Looks like the focus is moving towards more residential; not a bad idea considering those apartments kitty corner got started, approved and are almost completed in the space of < 18 months.

#54 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:19 AM

That lots is being cleaned up now by the current owner. Selling of of aggregate etc. Property is set to be sold in March 2017

#55 Danma

Danma
  • 888 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:27 PM

Oh really? Interesting. I guess we'll see what gets put there. I would like something besides a big empty field. Personally I wish Langford would buy it and put some sports fields, but not bloody likely to happen :P

#56 seymour201

seymour201
  • 213 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:45 PM

Oh really? Interesting. I guess we'll see what gets put there. I would like something besides a big empty field. 

If you want a pretty good guess as to what the apartments will look like take a look at their portfolio on their website. I wouldn't be surprised if it was similar to a bunch of the same buildings they have there. http://www.seymourpacific.ca/projects

P.S. no affiliation to the developers. 

#57 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,653 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:30 PM

If you want a pretty good guess as to what the apartments will look like take a look at their portfolio on their website....

OMG. It's the same design for every location.  :whyme:

#58 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:25 PM

OMG. It's the same design for every location.  :whyme:

Saves on design fees I guess.... 

Was in Calgary this Xmas and visited some friends that lived in a great area that was European modeled. Row houses with squares and public spaces and a village. Ahhh what could have been.... 

#59 LJ

LJ
  • 12,719 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:51 PM

Oh really? Interesting. I guess we'll see what gets put there. I would like something besides a big empty field. Personally I wish Langford would buy it and put some sports fields, but not bloody likely to happen :P

There is a huge sports field two blocks up Treanor road.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#60 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 442 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:46 PM

Well, lo and behold, it is finally happening.

Attached Images

• 2007-120648.jpg

• Mike K. likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users