[Vic West] Shutters Spa + Residences | Built - completed in 2007

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 UrbanRail

UrbanRail
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:11 PM

This might not be the big news, but residents are concerned that the public has too much access to the private courtyard and walkways. Just word on the street from the locals.

Last thing we need is a big fence around the property, but that might be the only solution to keep the public off.

Yeah we wouldnt want the non rich people walking around. How about a great big glass cover where the residents can access shutters thru underground tunnels. Or they could simply have signs saying lower class people not allowed.

#42 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:18 PM

These rich city slickers from Alberta sure do seem to have a tough time adjusting to life on the coast (you know, traffic, urban noise, crime, etc.).

Not to make light of burglary. Victorians do seem to take it much too casually. But methinks putting up fences and clamping down on people movement could make the situation worse.

Or not.

#43 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:45 PM

Burglary is the motive behind the desire to protect the courtyard. Apparently Shutters got hit hard and some residents are freaking out.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#44 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:26 AM

My neighbour's house got broken into a while ago. I think I'll see if I pool my resources with the rest of South Fairfield and arrange to have a chain link fence built around it.

#45 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:35 AM

A fence around south Fairfield?

#46 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:36 AM

Yes.

#47 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:47 AM

I noticed there were folks on the roof of Shutters during the Canada Day fireworks. People were also on the roof of the Regent Hotel.

#48 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:55 AM

ya I saw people in the glass stairwell of Shutters

btw the best place to view the fireworks from is Laural Point. make sure you have a clear view of the Ocean Point

#49 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:52 PM

btw the best place to view the fireworks from is Laural Point. make sure you have a clear view of the Ocean Point

Wonderful advice...48 hours too late. ;)

#50 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:59 PM

no, 363 days notice for next year
  • aastra likes this

#51 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:39 AM

From this angle I really think it would have looked much better if the C-shaped fatscraper portion had been two separate buildings. In other words, insert a narrow channel of blue sky right overhead of that silly pink Songhees doll's house. And then add three or four stories to the leftmost Shutters building.

#52 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:18 AM

The Shutters waterfall has been running for at least a month after a prolong hiatus.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#53 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:30 AM

Vandals flood suites in luxury condo

Times Colonist
July 14, 2009

Victoria police are investigating an apparent act of vandalism in the Shutters Spa and Residences on Songhees Road that flooded several suites.

Det. Rick Anthony said it appears someone broke into a suite in the luxury condominiums and cut the watermain. The seeping water damaged several surrounding suites. "We have no witnesses and no suspect and no motive, but it looks like it was done on purpose," he said. Anthony said the damage was significant.

About a half-dozen trucks from Belfor Restoration Services surrounded the complex at 66-68 Songhees Rd. as workers hauled out furniture. One worker said the damaged suites are on the seventh and eighth floors. Shutters property managers and the strata president refused to comment. The $35-million, 181-unit development was completed in March 2007.
© Copyright © The Victoria Times Colonist
http://www.timescolo...8339/story.html

#54 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:56 AM

...it appears someone broke into a suite in the luxury condominiums and cut the watermain. The seeping water damaged several surrounding suites. "We have no witnesses and no suspect and no motive, but it looks like it was done on purpose,"...

Motive: Insurance scam???? Angry ex-spouse???

#55 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:58 AM

Clearly it was these two
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#56 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:43 PM

Looks like some sort of work is going on at the back of the six story building.

#57 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:39 PM

Hmmm...no stucco and built after 2002...could it be a new generation of leaky condo?

#58 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:13 PM

How is this complex doing after a few years have gone by? Although I dont know the total amount of units, I count 15 for sale on MLS right now, which seems high. Lots have been sitting there for a while too. I also heard some of the landscape pools are leaking and are not operative? Any truth to this?

#59 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

Know some people who own there... tons of stuff falling apart, and lots of legal action against the builder over warranty issues. All the fountains pools and water falls have to get redone because of membrane failure.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#60 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

I've noticed some work had been going on along the Kimta frontage but maybe that was unrelated to the membrane issues.

It's seems like there's been some controversy with with both Shutters and The Falls.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users