• Please log in to reply
2560 replies to this topic

#1141 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:47 PM

V Lounge customer uses five extinguishers to fight fire - News

Marty Fox was at the V Lounge in the Red Lion Inn to meet friends early Thursday afternoon when the retiree noticed flames flickering in the corner of the room.

“They’re doing renovations, putting rooms up above,” Fox said. “I think some of the sparks fell down in the wall, it was some big flames. We could already smell an angle grinder in there, 15 minutes later we could smell the smoke.”

It was about 1:30 p.m. when Fox sprung into action to fight the fire.

MORE: http://www.saanichnews.com/news/416975113.html

Ha ha, I know Marty Fox, that's exactly the kind of thing he'd do, good on him!  

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#1142 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:06 PM

Police action under the E&N overpass at Esquimalt and Harbour Rd.

DSC08086-50.jpg

DSC08085-50.jpg

• todd likes this

#1143 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:15 AM

Do we know what had occurred?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1144 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:52 AM

I'm guessing it was a car accident as I saw a car on a flatbed emerge from the Delta after it was over.  Maybe a pedestrian or cyclist was hit at the trail crossing?

#1145 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 11:02 AM

...Maybe a pedestrian or cyclist was hit at the trail crossing?

Perhaps ironically distracted by the nearby CounterAttack last night.

#1146 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:56 AM

Looks like we had a derelict boat fire?

Clue - the fire boat was zooming up the upper harbour.

DSC08097-50.jpg

DSC08096-50.jpg

• David Bratzer likes this

#1147 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:05 PM

Ah, I see sdwright.vic posted some much better shots here:  http://vibrantvictor...d-bay/?p=377756

• sdwright.vic likes this

#1148 sukika

sukika
  • 331 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:37 AM

Just saw a couple of police cars headed down Mckenzie towards UVIC with lights and sirens going, followed by a couple of ambulances a few minutes later. Couldn't see if they actually went to UVIC or not.

Also I can't believe that the ambulances had to yield to the idiot drivers at Shelbourne and Mckenzie who decided to start driving when their light turned green. SMH.

#1149 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:34 PM

A body has been discovered along the shores of McNeil Bay. It may be that of the missing Oak Bay man.

HB happened to be there and spotted the body.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1150 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:13 PM

Do we want to place bets on whether HB took photos of the body right away or if he phoned 911 first and took photos afterwards?

#1151 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,113 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:54 AM

^ If it were me, I would have taken a couple of pictures first, then called the non emergency phone number for the municipal police. I would then take some more pictures while I was waiting to give my statement.
  • Bingo likes this

#1152 Arnold

Arnold
  • 146 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 05:46 AM

^ Then I would phone Katie Derosa.

• todd likes this

#1153 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:16 AM

I better stop making predictions this is 2 and the year is but 5 months old.

#1154 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:38 AM

I was actually out there making some video yesterday. I was filming the current running past Trial Island. The current is squeezed between Trial Island and McNeill Bay. It runs like a river and it appears that McNeill Bay is like a large back eddy. Anything in McNeill Bay stays in in McNeill Bay due to the current out side the bay. I headed down to where those red and blue Adirondack chairs are on the rock and was making a time lapse there of the current running past when the unexpected happened

Set to HD  when viewing.

Here is a view of Trial Island from the Lookout on Beach Drive

http://youtu.be/FEOfSHsymLQ

Edited by HB, 01 May 2017 - 07:40 AM.

• todd and RoadRunner like this

#1155 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:43 AM

OBPD --- April 30, 2017

On Sunday, April 30, 2017 the Oak Bay Police Department responded to a call for service in the area of McNeill Bay. The Oak Bay Police Department and Saanich Police Department Detective Division were in the area conducting an investigation.  

At that time the public was not be able to access the beach and there was traffic disruption along this portion of Beach Drive. Police were asking for the public to avoid the area if possible.  At this time the Oak Bay Police would like to offer their appreciation to the public that were inconvenienced by these efforts.

More information will be released when available.  Police anticipate having a possible update by late Monday May 1, 2017.

https://www.oakbay.c...r-24-may-1-2017

Edited by todd, 01 May 2017 - 10:43 AM.

#1156 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:48 AM

With all this recent activity in Oak Bay, the Saanich police are really going to be kept busy.

• weirdie and pennymurphy2000 like this

#1157 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:08 PM

--- OBPD ---

Body Located at McNeill Bay, Oak Bay, B.C.

May 1, 2017

On Sunday, April 30, 2017 at approximately 5:45 pm the Oak Bay Police Department received a call of a body in the water in the areas of McNeill Bay.  A citizen was near the water’s edge and noted what appeared to be a body in the water adjacent to the shoreline.

Oak Bay Police members attended and confirmed the presence of a human body. With the assistance of the Oak Bay Fire Department, the body was removed from the water and secured on the shore. 

The Saanich Police Department Forensic Identification Services and members from the Saanich Detective Division attended to assist with the subsequent investigation.  The Oak Bay and Saanich Police Departments are working closely with the BC Coroner Service to make a positive identification and determine the circumstances of how the body entered the water. 

The body appears to be that of a Caucasian male.  No further details are available at this time.

As previously reported, the Oak Bay Police Department is currently conducting a missing person investigation in which Ronald Merner, aged 56 years, was reported missing on April 21, 2017.  We have not confirmed at this time if this matter is related to that missing person investigation or any other outstanding matter.  The investigation is in the early stages.  Out of courtesy, the Merner family have been advised of this recovery.

https://www.oakbay.c...-bay-oak-bay-bc

#1158 57WestHills

57WestHills
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:25 PM

With all this recent activity in Oak Bay, the Saanich police are really going to be kept busy.

All I see is dollar signs lol!

#1159 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:26 PM

On Sunday, April 30, 2017 at approximately 5:45 pm the Oak Bay Police Department received a call of a body in the water in the areas of McNeill Bay.  A citizen was near the water’s edge and noted what appeared to be a body in the water adjacent to the shoreline.

Oak Bay Police members attended and confirmed the presence of a human body. With the assistance of the Oak Bay Fire Department, the body was removed from the water and secured on the shore.

I'm not quite clear on what it is that was discovered. Was it a dog?

Know it all.

#1160 3isenough

3isenough
  • 240 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:49 PM

"The body appears to be that of a Caucasian male. No further details are available at this time."

I'm a fairly competent reader, but correct me if I'm wrong.... This sentence does imply that it is a human body, no? 😋
  • aastra and Jill like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users