Photo

The Victoria emergency (fire/ambulance) services thread

• Please log in to reply
2560 replies to this topic

#1321 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:56 PM

I heard that the fireboat used their water nozzle pressure to push the boat to the Songhees shore.

thats what it looked like was happening on the news clips they showed... i heard (on cfax i think) that the pilot/owner? was filling up the boat, heard a pop sound right before it started and knew something was wrong, they quickly saved the dog (the only living thing that was on the boat at the time) then pushed it off before the flames really took place.. and the fire boat was there in record speed.. they followed procedure exactly(or atleast knew what to do in the event something like this happens) and it went exactly how this sort of incident was meant to go

the boat belonged to an American couple who was up visiting with friends i think i heard mentioned on the news.. and good chance they lost key things like passports and ID

#1322 phx

phx
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:24 PM

Gas leak at Thrifty's T.V.

kuNdKuQ.jpg

• Mike K. likes this

#1323 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:26 AM

File_003 (154).jpeg File_000 (307).jpeg File_004 (129).jpeg

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#1324 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:27 AM

Slow going, but work is happening.  BelFor is on site.

More photos:   https://www.facebook...652437624775903

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 07 September 2017 - 09:40 AM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#1325 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:39 AM

They should have let the fire spread.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#1326 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:13 PM

Sidney's fire hall lands are up for grabs as the township looks to offset the cost of its new Community Safety Building currently under construction near the Mary Winspear Centre.

Sidney-to-sell-firehall-lands.jpg

Sidney to sell Third Street fire hall lands to offset cost of new Community Safety Building

https://victoria.cit...afety-building/

• David Bratzer likes this
Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1327 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:23 PM

GOOD.  Victoria could learn something from this.  You know, instead of more park near the bridge they could have sold land for a hotel.

• Nparker likes this

#1328 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,521 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:26 PM

EXACTLY! This is how things are done. Every city-owned parcel shouldn't have to remain city-owned despite the objections of several councillors.

The lands around the new bridge are going to be unnecessary dead zones that we could sell for a phenomenal amount of money.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1329 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:58 PM

GOOD.  Victoria could learn something from this.  You know, instead of more park near the bridge they could have sold land for a hotel.

But tourists do like parks? 

#1330 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:04 PM

The lands around the new bridge are going to be unnecessary dead zones that we could sell for a phenomenal amount of money.

The new bridge is going to be the most photographed piece of heritage in Victoria as it sighs and groans it's way into our hearts, so we need to leave the sight lines and the vantage points available for the photographers, the media and the tourists...at least for a day or so.

#1331 manuel

manuel
  • 595 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:31 PM

Yes, let's have no parks for kids, dogs, retirees, average people out for a walk...

not.
  • A Girl is No one likes this
"I know nothing"

#1332 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:37 PM

while i do agree selling off excess can be a great financial boom but it's also not a bad idea to hold onto some land for the distant future.. because once it's gone, it's gone and you won't have that financial gain for future needs

Edited by Midnightly, 15 November 2017 - 07:39 PM.

#1333 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,521 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:04 PM

But that land is unused now, hasn't been used for the last 150 years for any real purpose, and suddenly it's going to become a hive of activity once the bridge it built? Hmmm...

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#1334 LJ

LJ
  • 12,736 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:32 PM

Yes, let's have no parks for kids, dogs, retirees, average people out for a walk...

not.

Or campers, drug users, hookers.

• VicHockeyFan and Nparker like this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#1335 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:34 PM

while i do agree selling off excess can be a great financial boom but it's also not a bad idea to hold onto some land for the distant future.. because once it's gone, it's gone and you won't have that financial gain for future needs

If an emergency comes up, you can buy some land.

#1336 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:44 AM

If an emergency comes up, you can buy some land.

if there's land available to buy.. also owning the land gives you something to fall back on to sell during harder times..though one could argue with the cost of the bridge, the future sewage along with other bigger projects coming down the pipe the city is on hard times (digging a mighty debt hole to fall into), but i'll admit i don't think i'd trust the current council to spend the profits in the best way for the city

#1337 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,521 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:37 AM

A boat caught fire late last night at the docks near the Coast Hotel. Made for quite the light show.

Know it all.

#1338 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:39 AM

I wonder if Gary snagged any footage?

#1339 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:50 AM

Sorry, I can't see the Coast Hotel.

#1340 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:53 AM

A boat caught fire late last night at the docks near the Coast Hotel. Made for quite the light show.

Will last night's hotel guests have an entertainment surcharge added to their bills upon check-out?  ;)

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users