Photo

Smoken Bones Cookshack | Victoria | The Hudson Building on Douglas (Closed in 2014)

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#81 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

I think it is a little naive to not think that a lot of places do things in stages instead of all at once. First its a change to a license, a little down the road a request for later hours, ect., ect.

Its pretty clear that we are in a climate that would not allow a full run at the trow. Look at Garricks Head when asked if they where going to ask for a larger patio when they expanded. OSJ indicated that would be asking for to much. It would of been in this climate.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#82 Fairbanks

Fairbanks
  • 554 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

Heaven forbid we should dance and sing. Maybe council is Morman and they are keeping that a secret.

#83 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

I think nightclubs should offer buffets :)

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#84 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

I think nightclubs should offer buffets :)

I might have actually gone to them if they did :P

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#85 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

Heard a rumor today that they bailed on their lease with no notice. Just didn't open one day.

#86 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

Heard a rumor today that they bailed on their lease with no notice. Just didn't open one day.

The state of the premise did not indicate that.  It looked a lot more like one day they showed up to open, and the locks had been changed.  The notice on the door made it look that way too.  

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#87 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

Someone from the LDB told me... supposedly they are owed money. Maybe locks changed after theyou didn't show up?

#88 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

Someone from the LDB told me... supposedly they are owed money. Maybe locks changed after theyou didn't show up?

Usually if you make a midnight move, you take a few items out, like booze, the POS system, whatever you can take that's an asset and does not belong to the landlord.  When I looked in, it was as if it was all ready to re-open for the day's business.  

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#89 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

Agreed... Just saying word on the street is that he ran. Right after a Groupon and all. He may ofleaded the POS system.

But I would of taken the booze! ;)

#90 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:10 PM

Looks like Smoken Bones Cookshack Ltd. owe's nearly $200,000 in back rent and other costs to Townline. Holy smokes... This also gives one an idea of the sorts of costs involved in running a downtown Victoria business, particularly one in a new space that required tenant improvements.

Emphasis in red is mine.

Smoken-Bones-1.jpg

• Mixed365 likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#91 Mr Cook Street

Mr Cook Street
  • 942 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:27 PM

Yikes. They really got in over their heads.

#92 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:29 PM

It might not just be back rent, it could also be an amount for tenant improvements that Townline paid upfront, SM was paying each monthly part, and now owes fully.

#93 SamCB

SamCB
  • 665 posts
  • Locationvictoria

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:16 PM

Could it not also be for future rent now uncollectible?

I recall shopping for a commercial space a while back and several landlords advised if the business failed, it would still be on the hook for rent up to the end of the lease term.

#94 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:18 PM

Could it not also be for future rent now uncollectible?

I recall shopping for a commercial space a while back and several landlords advised if the business failed, it would still be on the hook for rent up to the end of the lease term.

Yes, it could be.

#95 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:37 PM

Could be, for sure. So that's at least June 2014 through to December 2014.

Know it all.

#96 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:17 AM

This space is being converted into offices for Townline Homes Victoria while the kitchen will be converted into a catering operation, called Alibi, operated by the proprietors of The Ruby and the newly opened Jones Bar B Que.

More: http://victoria.citi...tailer-line-up/

Know it all.

#97 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:33 AM

This space is being converted into offices for Townline Homes Victoria while the kitchen will be converted into a catering operation, called Alibi, operated by the proprietors of The Ruby and the newly opened Jones Bar B Que.

Booooooooooring.....

• Nparker and Mr Cook Street like this

#98 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:24 AM

Is Mike K. holding out on us re: pics from the new building? I have to say, having a view of the HBC in all its glory would really make me happy.

199.jpg

Edited by aastra, 25 August 2016 - 11:25 AM.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#99 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 804 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:53 AM

Bummer. I work close to there and was hoping it would become another restaurant.

• Nparker likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users