Photo

Endangered buildings list

• Please log in to reply
425 replies to this topic

#41 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

But now we have an opportunity to add some much-needed green space.

I agree.

That would connect Beacon Hill Park, St. Ann's, the old Crystal Motel site, Thunderbird Park , and the museum breezeway right through to the harbour.

#42 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

^ Good lord, even I don't think we need more green space right there. ;)

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#43 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:41 AM

I'm hoping he's joking.  I've never heard anyone says, gee, why can't we walk from Beacon Hill Park to St. Ann's to xxx etc. without touching pavement...  Only .05% of the population can even walk that far.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#44 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:05 AM

I'd like to see a second deck that covers all of downtown. Just a big lawn. Nothing else.

• Nparker and tedward like this

#45 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

Like a giant green roof?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#46 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

Right. When looking down from an airplane, a giant green field is the only thing that you would see. Workers & shoppers would love it because it would be a readily accessible escape out of downtown Victoria's Bladerunner-esque nightmare. It would also offer some great views of the green spaces along the shores of the inner harbour.

• Baro and Nparker like this

#47 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:25 PM

Can you imagine the views of the Sooke Hills from such a thing? This would get Victoria on that world class map.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#48 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

...a readily accessible escape out of downtown Victoria's Bladerunner-esque nightmare...

I LOVE it. I swear this is how some on Victoria City Council view downtown.

#49 Princess Chica

Princess Chica
  • 149 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:04 PM

Lisa Helps is the only one at city hall that has successfully turned one of ROBIN KIMPTON'S dlapidated buildings into a proud part of our community. But more work need to be done.

Attached Images

• By9WuKgIIAMvft5.png
  • victoria-firefighters-battle-an-apartment-building-fire-on-cook-street-on-thursday-jun-12-2014.jpg

#50 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:43 PM

^Geez, are you going to post that in every thread? We get it, we get it.

• tedward likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#51 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:30 AM

^YeahbI know... The campaigning is starting to bother me...
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#52 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:44 PM

Princess must be on the Fortin team or something and trying to make helps look bad with the endless spam about those Kimpton buildings.

"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#53 Princess Chica

Princess Chica
  • 149 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:11 PM

^Geez, are you going to post that in every thread? We get it, we get it.

Chica says "Every thread" is a bit of an exaggeration, only on the few threads relating to the neglect of our heratige buildings and the up coming election of those politicians who need to do somthing aboot them.

There are a great many other subject threads that you can engage in if this one bores you :)

Attached Images

• BtVfOs_CMAA_ZtK.jpg

#54 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:14 PM

Chica says "Every thread" is a bit of an exaggeration, only on the few threads relating to the neglect of our heratige buildings and the up coming election of those politicians who need to do somthing aboot them.

There are a great many other subject threads that you can engage in if this one bores you :)

Who knew you were finished, nice selfie by the way.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#55 Princess Chica

Princess Chica
  • 149 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:19 PM

Princess must be on the Fortin team or something and trying to make helps look bad with the endless spam about those Kimpton buildings.

Chica says "not a fan of Mayor McCheese.

We are surprised that few have recognised Lisa Helps is only one at city hall who has successfully rescued one of Kimptons delapidated buildings,

and even more surprised to hear folks like your self attack us for suggesting the above, "endless spam" ? A grand total of 14 posts on Chica's account

[Image removed by admin]

#56 Princess Chica

Princess Chica
  • 149 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:34 PM

^YeahbI know... The campaigning is starting to bother me...

Chica says  "did not mean to bother you, we are a bit confused though, is this not a thread to disscuss the 'endangered buildings' ? and are the politicians that we are aboot to elect not responsible for the city that contains these buildings ?

FYI this is Chica's questioning look :)

Attached Images

• Bv-mF2OCcAItP8d.jpg

#57 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:19 AM

Fernwood NRG saved that building.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#58 Mr Cook Street

Mr Cook Street
  • 942 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:31 AM

On the CBC this morning they were talking about the Anglican School in James Bay on Niagara Street. Anglican Diocese wants to demolish/develop/sell the lot. Sounds like they actually would be happy to save the building, but want to sell the property. City is working with them to figure out how to save the old building and allow for other construction on the lot. The Diocese will put the proceeds from the sale into maintenance of Christ Church Cathedral.

#59 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:05 AM

It's a pretty cool looking older building on Niagara. I hope they can figure a way to incorporate it into a newer development. I think most people's attachment to it is not so much the building itself, as their emotional memories of scouts, pre-school and the sorts of activities the church ran in the building.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#60 Princess Chica

Princess Chica
  • 149 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:38 PM

Fernwood NRG saved that building.

yes they did...

and so, will it take another grassroots effort to save the other historical buildings currantly being neglected by this slumlord?

1176 Yates was build by Robert Dusmuir as a nursing residence, ( the current owner did not even know that lil tid bit )

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users