BUILT
Dominion Rocket Residences
Uses: rental, commercial
Address: 700-block of Yates Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Dominion Rocket Residences is a micro-unit rental building in the former Dominion Hotel at Yates and Blanshard... (view full profile)
Learn more about Dominion Rocket Residences on Citified.ca
Photo

Victoria Rocket Residences at the Dominion (Dalton Hotel) | Renovated into rentals in 2015

Rental

• Please log in to reply
445 replies to this topic

#441 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,466 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:14 PM

We've suspected for some time that Anthem purchased the building. More details to come.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#442 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:35 AM

So I wonder what's in the plans.  The whole courtyard thing is probably dead, the communal kitchen thing is likely not working out.  There is no little coffee shop in the lobby.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#443 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:40 AM

Was the bike rack issue successfully implemented as promised?

#444 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:46 AM

Was the bike rack issue successfully implemented as promised?

Pressure from VHF made it happen a few weeks before the sale to Anthem closed.  Now, City crews installed them, so it still might not be conclusive that the developer paid for them.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#445 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:05 PM

We've suspected for some time that Anthem purchased the building. More details to come.

It can now be seen on their website! Here:

https://anthemproper...ominion-rocket/

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#446 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,009 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:36 PM

David Fullbrook, principal of Merchant House Capital and Fulford resident, has purchased the site of the historic former Fulford Inn with plans to build rental units, a community farm stand and market space.

Merchant house was responsible for the Rocket residences and the coming Victoria Press building, according to the Driftwood newspaper.

Matt.
  • Sparky likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users