BUILT
Capital Park Office, building 1
Uses: office, commercial
Address: 500-block of Superior Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 5
Capital Park Office, building one, is the first of two office phases (with ground floor commercial space) of C... (view full profile)
Learn more about Capital Park Office, building 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[James Bay] Capital Park | Mixed-use office, commercial, residential | 5-storeys | Under construction

Office Commercial

• Please log in to reply
794 replies to this topic

#421 LV

LV
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:51 AM

The first residential (and office?) tenants were due to start moving in October 1st, but it seems there's been an issue recently discovered with both the office & rental unit's emergency/security systems.

Occupation of the rental building has been delayed 2 weeks (until approx Oct 15th), I assume the same for the office buildings.   

#422 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:25 AM

Thanks, LV!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#423 Shack

Shack
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:05 AM

Hi LV, interesting info.  I am moving in there in late October and have not heard anything to this effect from Concert. That may be because our move-in date is not until Oct 30. I chose a late move-in date to avoid any potential issues with the building along the lines of what you are reporting.

Where did you hear about this?

#424 LV

LV
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:05 AM

My pleasure Mike!

Shack, yeah since your move-in date is later & isn't affected by it, they likely wouldn't mention it.  Probably a little hectic at the moment having to re-book all the originally scheduled first-week move-ins.  Smart move on your part, choosing a slightly later date as last-minute things like that can certainly happen with a new development.  Apparently it may not be a full 2 week delay, perhaps just a week or so, but just to be extra safe they were trying to reschedule the move-ins to after the 15th of Oct.  

• Nparker likes this

#425 Shack

Shack
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:27 AM

but just to be extra safe they were trying to reschedule the move-ins to after the 15th of Oct.  

Thanks LV. Man, that may be a nightmare for many who gave notice at their old place for early October, even if its only pushed a week.

In any event I am less than surprised.  :) 

• LV likes this

#426 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:01 AM

I'm not sure "nightmare" is the best way to describe it.  A short stay with friends or in a hotel, with belongings stored, is not too bad a problem to have.  People tend to cope.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 03 September 2017 - 10:01 AM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#427 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:22 PM

The road work along Superior St is coming along, with landscaping, bike lane, sidewalks, benches, etc, getting finished up.

This evening a big delivery truck arrived with sealed contents....it was stuff for one of the Ministries moving in.  Those big flat packages must be the big cheque books.  :)

The last photo is of the spot for the Red Barn Market, around the corner on Menzies St.

Attached Images

• IMG_8158.jpg
  • IMG_8160.jpg
  • IMG_8161.jpg
  • IMG_8163.jpg
  • IMG_8164.jpg
  • IMG_8165.jpg

• Mike K. and Nparker like this

#428 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:54 PM

I still think the developer should have tried to enliven more of the ground level on Superior Street. Office space directly adjacent to the public realm seems so 1970s.

• LV likes this

#429 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:07 PM

I still think the developer should have tried to enliven more of the ground level on Superior Street. Office space directly adjacent to the public realm seems so 1970s.

Yeah that whole stretch is super bad,  just a huge wall of privacy glass.

• LV likes this
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#430 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 804 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:00 AM

Passed by on Superior Street earlier. Ground floor looked to be set up and in use - people at desks etc.

• jonny likes this

#431 nerka

nerka
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:20 PM

Passed by on Superior Street earlier. Ground floor looked to be set up and in use - people at desks etc.

Children and Family Development staff are mostly in there already. Environment staff moving in the next few weeks

• Nparker likes this

#432 LV

LV
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:09 AM

Took a walk past this weekend..

Pic 1:  Sidewalks, landscaping and bike lane looks to be complete along Superior, with built-in benches to sit and ponder life's mysteries

Pic 2:  Entrance to the underground parking from Menzies Street, residential building lobby glassed in, I'm quite surprised that none of the balconies are up yet as people are due to be moving in about Oct 10th...

Pic 3:  Red Barn area, coming along nicely

Attached Images

• image1.JPG
  • image2.JPG
  • image3.JPG

• Mike K. likes this

#433 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:47 AM

Those benches will come in handy to recover from all dynamic action happening along the ground level on Superior Street. On the plus side, I suppose it might be fun for the people with their desks adjacent to these windows to play "guess that head".

#434 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:49 AM

...Sidewalks, landscaping and bike lane looks to be complete along Superior, with built-in benches to sit and ponder life's mysteries

Mystery #1: Why wasn't something more vibrant than office space designed for the Superior Street first floor?

• LV likes this

#435 aastra

aastra
  • 20,753 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:53 AM

Those benches will come in handy to recover from all dynamic action happening along the ground level on Superior Street.

Cynical jerk. Those benches = overflow seating for when the big square is too packed full of people.

Seriously though, a bench or two might have been fine re: giving people an alternative space to sit and have a coffee or whatever. But it looks like they might have gone overboard with the sheer number of benches.

Edited by aastra, 28 September 2017 - 11:53 AM.

• LV likes this

#436 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:55 AM

I like the whole complex and it will be a huge asset to James Bay.

• tedward and shoeflack like this

#437 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:58 AM

...a bench or two might have been fine re: giving people an alternative space to sit and have a coffee or whatever...

Retail space to buy that coffee might have been nice along here as well, but for some reason that didn't happen. These benches just sort of look like a bus stop.

• LV likes this

#438 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:01 PM

I like the whole complex and it will be a huge asset to James Bay.

Agreed, it will be a huge improvement over the previous parking lot, but it could have been better without a whole lot of effort. Most of the Superior Street grade level sucks and the residential component on Menzies looks cheap and dated.

• LV likes this

#439 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:01 PM

Retail space to buy that coffee might have been nice along here as well, but for some reason that didn't happen. These benches just sort of look like a bus stop.

There will be plenty of places to buy a coffee at Capital Park when all is said and done. Red Barn, undoubtedly a Starbucks or other coffee shop, likely another restaurant as well. This project doesn't start and end with this first phase.

#440 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:14 PM

There will be plenty of places to buy a coffee at Capital Park when all is said and done. Red Barn, undoubtedly a Starbucks or other coffee shop, likely another restaurant as well. This project doesn't start and end with this first phase.

I think someone said that Good Earth Coffeehouse is coming into this development.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users