BUILT
Capital Park Office, building 1
Uses: office, commercial
Address: 500-block of Superior Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 5
Capital Park Office, building one, is the first of two office phases (with ground floor commercial space) of C... (view full profile)
Learn more about Capital Park Office, building 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[James Bay] Capital Park | Mixed-use office, commercial, residential | 5-storeys | Under construction

Office Commercial

• Please log in to reply
794 replies to this topic

#521 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,686 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:17 AM

...I never really notice, how many of the Market on Yates shoppers are in cars?  I've never really even noted their parking lot policy or how full it is.

Many MoY shoppers likely park closer to London Drugs. I suspect the percentage of MoY customers as pedestrians is larger than most grocers.

Will a certain percentage of parking spots be reserved for Save-on-Foods customers at the new 1008 Pandora location?

#522 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:18 AM

Will a certain percentage of parking spots be reserved for Save-on-Foods customers at the new 1008 Pandora location?

Oh ya, lots of customer parking underneath.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#523 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,686 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:20 AM

Oh ya, lots of customer parking underneath.

It makes no difference to me (no car) but I couldn't imagine SoF not having a good deal of parking. I am just happy to finally have a large chain grocer so close to my home.  :banana:

#524 Shack

Shack
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

Also, for the residential rental building, parking (underground) is $160/month, storage units are $25/month (small/med), $35/month (large).

I inquired if there'd be customer parking for Red Barn or the James Bay library, but was told no.  Seems slightly odd to me, how can a grocery store not have any customer parking?  

On my recent tour there was definitely Red Barn parking. There is a pay lot underground where the first hour will be free for Red Barn'ers

• Nparker likes this

#525 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:49 PM

...there was definitely Red Barn parking.

That seems unnecessarily discriminatory. What if I bring a blue barn or an unpainted barn?

#526 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:54 PM

^There is one special punderground space for you.

• VicHockeyFan and Kungsberg like this

#527 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:23 PM

^There is one special punderground space for you.

Is that the one next to thundergun's?

#528 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:01 PM

Well, is there maybe some short-term spots on the street for grocery p/u?

When Shoppers expands downtown, it'll have a pretty big food section.  It'll be interesting to see how that goes.  I never really notice, how many of the Market on Yates shoppers are in cars?  I've never really even noted their parking lot policy or how full it is.

Only 7% of Market on Yates shoppers utilize parking. I’m there every single day pretty much, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day so I’m confident in those numbers. The median purchase is $24.69.

#529 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:02 PM

When Shoppers expands downtown

Where are they expanding?

#530 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,686 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:28 PM

...Only 7% of Market on Yates shoppers utilize parking...The median purchase is $24.69.

They only purchase one loaf of bread?

• Hotel Mike and iambach like this

#531 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:06 PM

Where are they expanding?

Taking over Chapters next door when they go to Mayfair.
  • tjv likes this

#532 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:50 AM

What the is that thing in the middle of the stairs?

I took a photo in Munich two years ago of quite an old building that had one of those ramp things for bikes. Finally we're catching up. :)

#533 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:23 AM

But somehow Harris Green Plaza always has a full parking lot.
  • Mike K. likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#534 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:45 AM

It's free downtown parking for 1-2 hours in a fairly convenient location. Of course it's going to be full - a few meters away on the street you have to pay. I'm sure people park there and walk a few blocks to other locations. 

#535 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:39 AM

They have Robbins people policing the lot pretty heavily.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#536 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:12 PM

yes, and I've even seen Robbins patrolling lots in Vic West for people who think they can park there and walk into town

#537 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:47 PM

I'm not suggesting parking all day. But if you wanted to use the spot for 1-2 hours to meet someone for a coffee at Habit, stop for brunch at Floyd's/Blue Fox, burger at Bin 4 etc., Robbins isn't following you personally from your vehicle. If you have free parking next to pay parking, it will get abused. 

• shoeflack and nagel like this

#538 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:04 PM

I know of a ton of people who park in that lot and then walk to their office nearby. It's on the 2 hour free parking shuffle of many people that work in the area. We even recommend it in our office if people are coming in for a quick meeting. You have to be on it though, because the guy from Robbins walks around every two hours recording license plates with his cell phone.

#539 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,686 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:09 PM

off-topic.jpg

#540 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:10 PM

NP, can we ease up with these images? Not every thread is going to stay 100% on-topic, 100% of the time, and if little asides build out of a bigger topic we’re cool with it :)
  • Bingo and lanforod like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users