UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Capital Park Office, building 1
Uses: office, commercial
Address: 500-block of Superior Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban Core
Storeys: 5
Capital Park Office, building one, is the first of two office phases (with ground floor commercial space) of C... (view full profile)
Learn more about Capital Park Office, building 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[James Bay] Capital Park | Mixed-use office, commercial, residential | 5-storeys | Under construction

Office Commercial

• Please log in to reply
548 replies to this topic

#541 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 4,330 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:52 PM

I heard from London Drugs they may start enforcing "if you walk of the lot" type of enforcement.

So those businesses PAY the premium of leasing in a location that provides free parking for customers and you tell your customers to take up their customers parking spots.

CLASSY.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#542 Nparker

Nparker
  • 16,004 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:29 PM

Welcome to the Capital Park-ing thread.

• Matt R. likes this

#543 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 4,330 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:47 PM

Oh come on Marker... You have to agree that telling your customers to use the free parking that other businesses PAY a premium to.

I would rather take the screen shot I have of this conversation and send it to the building owner. I would rather everyone pay then have someone screw the system.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#544 LJ

LJ
  • 7,481 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:22 PM

There was a parking lot in White Rock in which people had to shop at the stores whose parking lot they were in. They had roving patrols that would actually follow you.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#545 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 37,681 posts

Posted Today, 07:06 AM

^same at the Capital Iron lot. When it's busy they have folks standing at the entrance and exit asking you where you plan to go after ditching your car. Lots of folks stare at them without knowing what to say and they're asked to leave the lot.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#546 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 757 posts

Posted Today, 08:02 AM

Welcome to the world of managing a publicly accessible parking lot in the downtown core of a major centre, where if you offer it for free, folks will always try to game the system.

• VicHockeyFan and jonny like this

#547 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • 47,531 posts

Posted Today, 08:45 AM

So can someone give me a quick overview of this project?

Some ministry staff moved in?

Some rental residents moved in, or a move-in date released?

#548 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 37,681 posts

Posted Today, 09:53 AM

Residential move-ins start this month, no? And office move-ins were to have started already.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#549 nerka

nerka
  • 741 posts

Posted Today, 11:37 AM

Some but not all of the MCFD and MOE staff that are to move into the building are already there. More moving in the next weeks and months. Still some finishing work happening in basement/parking area and finishing/furnishing happening on the work floors during the night.

Lots of minor teething issues among workers in the building. Complaints of insufficient light and "excellent" sound transmission between offices that are supposed to be private are the main ones.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shack