BUILT
Capital Park Office, building 1
Uses: office, commercial
Address: 500-block of Superior Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 5
Capital Park Office, building one, is the first of two office phases (with ground floor commercial space) of C... (view full profile)
Learn more about Capital Park Office, building 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[James Bay] Capital Park | Mixed-use office, commercial, residential | 5-storeys | Under construction

Office Commercial

• Please log in to reply
794 replies to this topic

#661 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:32 AM

Wikipedia:

The Haida and Tlingit who lived along southeast Alaska's coast were traditionally known as fierce warriors and slave-traders, raiding as far as California.[5][better source needed][6] In their society, slavery was hereditary after slaves were taken as prisoners of war.[5][6] Among some Pacific Northwest tribes, as many as one-fourth of the population were slaves.[5][6]
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#662 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,238 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:00 AM

IMO, many white folks have a Disney Pocohontas view of Native Americans/Canadians.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#663 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:21 PM

MORE:   https://www.facebook...875162799170050

30652589_1875162642503399_86629114851329

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#664 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:24 PM

A lot of the formwork was removed last week from the 'retail pavilion' (in the plaza), so those angled roof lines can be seen more clearly now. I’m very interested to see how they finalize that green, walk-on roof.

I believe Good Earth Coffeehouse will still be the tenant here.

They’re also progressing with work on the plaza itself, with some triangular formwork taking shape (which you can see in the original submission).

Phase 2 construction seems to be going ahead pretty quickly, to my eye, as they’re already starting to work at grade for a decent chunk of it.

Attached Images

• 1.jpg
  • 1b.jpg
  • 1c.jpg
  • 2a.jpg
  • 2b.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 4.jpg
  • 5.jpg
  • 6.jpg

• lanforod likes this

#665 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:41 AM

Can we confirm the other office building is now underway? And what about the remaining residential component. It’s just one more condo, right? And now it’s underway?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#666 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:53 AM

Yes, it's the second government office building that's now underway.  That's Phase 2 (along with the plaza and that retail pavilion), 2017-2019.

The remaining residential component is Phase 3, which is actually 3 separate structures (condos and townhouses) along residential Michigan Street. That's not started yet, but slated for 2019-2021.

Some submissions for Phase 3 residential below (going from west to east).

Attached Images

• cap park phases.jpg
  • Bldg C.jpg
  • Bldg D.jpg
  • Bldg E.jpg

• Nparker, jonny and LV like this

#667 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:11 AM

Too bad it's a Good Earth Coffee not something more unique or interesting, like the new coffee shop/lounge from the Habit people that will be going in at 740 Pandora.

• LV likes this

#668 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:28 AM

Ah, thanks for the update!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#669 LV

LV
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:20 AM

Too bad it's a Good Earth Coffee not something more unique or interesting, like the new coffee shop/lounge from the Habit people that will be going in at 740 Pandora.

Yeah, too bad it's a coffee shop in general. There are already enough coffee options for Capital Park - Discovery, Serious, Red Barn, Starbucks.

What is lacking is lunch choices.  Put something in there with some more lunch options for those office buildings, that'd be a much better choice than yet another coffee shop with the same limited food options & pastries.  

• Nparker likes this

#670 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:10 PM

There was a big concrete pour that lasted all day at Capital Park today, for a big section of the underground parking flooring and some walls. 

You can see the ramp taking shape that’ll go down to the parking (the access ramp from Superior St, not far from the Queen's Printer).  This will be the second access point to the underground parking (there's an access ramp off Menzies St too).

Attached Images

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 3.jpg

• Nparker and jonny like this

#671 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:24 AM

Has Concert Properties released pricing for the condos that will be built in the next phase?

#672 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:55 AM

Nope, not quite yet.
  • LV likes this

Know it all.

#673 LV

LV
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:01 AM

Concert sent out their first email communication to all those that registered on the website for condo info just recently, but no info on pricing or floor plans yet.

• Mike K. likes this

#674 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 02:05 PM

Photos from last week.

Attached Images

• IMG_8779.jpg
  • IMG_8780.jpg
  • IMG_8781.jpg
  • IMG_8784.jpg
  • IMG_8785.jpg
  • IMG_8787.jpg

• Nparker likes this

#675 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:02 PM

Nice!

Know it all.

#676 gstc84

gstc84
  • 521 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:55 AM

It seems bike facilities were overlooked in the plans for Phase 2. I attended a town hall meeting a couple weeks ago as my office (just shy of 100 people) is moving into one floor of Phase 2 when it opens next fall. About 20% currently bike to work daily. Add in the other several hundred folks who will be working in the building and I'm not sure how they didn't plan for this. It was far and away the biggest and most repeated concern raised at the meeting.

They're sending out surveys about our biking habits now so the plans for the parking level can be changed to provide sufficient bike lock-up, showers, changing rooms, etc. I think they weren't expecting the numbers to be so high so were just expecting everyone to use the bike facilities in Phase 1.

• grantpalin, Kungsberg and LV like this

#677 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:58 AM

It seems bike facilities were overlooked in the plans for Phase 2. I attended a town hall meeting a couple weeks ago as my office (just shy of 100 people) is moving into one floor of Phase 2 when it opens next fall. About 20% currently bike to work daily. Add in the other several hundred folks who will be working in the building and I'm not sure how they didn't plan for this. It was far and away the biggest and most repeated concern raised at the meeting.

They're sending out surveys about our biking habits now so the plans for the parking level can be changed to provide sufficient bike lock-up, showers, changing rooms, etc. I think they weren't expecting the numbers to be so high so were just expecting everyone to use the bike facilities in Phase 1.

I met with a Jawl to tour the bike facilities in the new 750 Pandora building last week.  Apparently the bike facilities that were planned for the first couple of Capital Park buildings are totally full.  They are shocked at the demand.  It's only going to grow with Wharf bike lanes opening next spring.

• zoomer, grantpalin and Kungsberg like this

#678 manuel

manuel
  • 595 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:31 PM

Yes on capital park 1. Apparently no one surveyed staff prior to deciding on bike lock up size, and thought that just higher than city requirements would do. Unfortunately one of the two main tenants is the ministry of environment. Hasn't worked out too well.

Building two will have two ministries with a large amount of actiive communters. Hopefully the survey will help for proper planning.
"I know nothing"

#679 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:44 AM

So who is paying the developer for giving up this space? Do the people using it have to pay a monthly fee for use.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#680 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:53 AM

So who is paying the developer for giving up this space? Do the people using it have to pay a monthly fee for use.

The tenant. No employer charges employees for access to bike parking.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users