BUILT
Capital Park Office, building 1
Uses: office, commercial
Address: 500-block of Superior Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 5
Capital Park Office, building one, is the first of two office phases (with ground floor commercial space) of C... (view full profile)
Learn more about Capital Park Office, building 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[James Bay] Capital Park | Mixed-use office, commercial, residential | 5-storeys | Under construction

Office Commercial

• Please log in to reply
794 replies to this topic

#761 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,177 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 09:56 AM

Thanks for the photos, k. That’s looking really, really good.
  • Kungsberg likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#762 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:03 AM

I am so looking forward to getting Superior St back. 

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#763 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 17 July 2019 - 12:46 PM

IMG_9216.JPG

IMG_9218.JPG

IMG_9227.JPG

IMG_9235.JPG

IMG_9236.JPG

IMG_9238.JPG

IMG_9243.JPG

IMG_9260.JPG

IMG_9262.JPG

• tedward likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#764 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:04 PM

Some trees and other landscaping work getting done this week along the Superior St. frontage, including above the parking garage entrance in the northeast corner of the site.

The safety railing around the walk-on roof above the café has been there for a while. I'm curious whether it will be open to the public with the opening of this Phase 2 completion, or perhaps not until Phase 3 (residential units on Michigan St) is done.

Attached Images

• a.jpg
  • b.jpg
  • c.jpg
  • d.jpg
  • e.jpg
  • f.jpg
  • g.jpg

• Mike K. and GratefulCanucks3 like this

#765 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:16 AM

Tall Tree Integrated Health is planned for the ground floor of the newest government office building (555 Superior St.), on the corner facing the plaza and Superior St.  Opening date of March 1, 2020 according to their website. 

I believe a pharmacy (not sure which one) is going into the same building, on the south side (also facing the plaza and around the south side of the building).

There should also be some moving-in of government departments very soon (at least 1-2 floors) into this newest building, perhaps as early as this week. 

Attached Images

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 4.jpg
  • 5.jpg
  • 6.jpg

• kirk likes this

#766 gstc84

gstc84
  • 521 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 06:44 AM

There should also be some moving-in of government departments very soon (at least 1-2 floors) into this newest building, perhaps as early as this week.

Yup. My move date is Thursday. Executive at my ministry already moved in last week.
  • Kungsberg likes this

#767 kirk

kirk
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:30 PM

Has anyone heard what happened with the Capital Park bike storage? Did they end up adding a 2nd bike storage room in the Phase Two 2nd building that is being completed now?

I'm surprised to hear that Phase 2 of Capital Park didn't plan on putting in additional bike storage, since Phase 1 bike parking is jammed full and they already had to make some modifications to accommodate more bikes.  I'm also surprised that they were shocked at the demand, given the capacity of the office buildings and the parking situation in the area (3-4 nearby Robbins lots with year+ wait lists and the 1 Capital Park underground lot at $180/month for the employees).  The underground parking lot has quite a number of empty spots, in my opinion because it's so expensive.  (I know other cities are way more costly as is the downtown core/library area but still, this is James Bay, I find $180/month high for that location.)

Yeah maybe!  I'll be curious to see what the developer decides to do.. enlarge the Phase 1 bike storage room (a fully enclosed concrete structure - so, not the simplest of tasks I suspect) to accommodate the Phase 2 bicycles, or build a whole separate (albeit unplanned) one for Phase 2.  And maybe once Phase 2 is done, all the underground car parking spots will get utilized, but for now, they certainly aren't.  

Edited by kirk, 12 January 2020 - 06:30 PM.

#768 gstc84

gstc84
  • 521 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 09:00 AM

Has anyone heard what happened with the Capital Park bike storage? Did they end up adding a 2nd bike storage room in the Phase Two 2nd building that is being completed now?

Yup, they added a second bike locker for the other office building. No additional showers or changing area though, so if you lockup in phase two, you walk across the parking garage to the phase one changerooms with everyone else. 

• kirk likes this

#769 ovovov

ovovov
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 02:56 PM

over heard the project is delayed till Dec 31 2022( plus up to 120 days)?

#770 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:54 AM

I work on the fifth floor of 545 Superior, the newer of the two office buildings.   Here are some pics from yesterday

20200116_1252441.jpg 20200116_1330581.jpg

• Kapten Kapsell likes this

#771 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 01:48 PM

over heard the project is delayed till Dec 31 2022( plus up to 120 days)?

I'm assuming that is regarding the residential components on Michigan? 

https://vibrantvicto...-3#entry518244 

Or the office buildings? I could be either, I guess, because I notice the middle floors of the second office building do not appear to be finished or occupied, and the ground floor commercial is still unfinished.

But I'm guessing you're referring to the residential components.

#772 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 20 January 2020 - 08:40 AM

In the second office building (545 Superior) floors 3 to 5 are filled but 2 is not yet being used.   It is finished and I assume some government department will be moving in soon

• Kungsberg likes this

#773 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 20 January 2020 - 03:37 PM

I wonder why there isn't more excitement about this development.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#774 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 20 January 2020 - 03:58 PM

That is a good question.   I have worked here since mid October and I am impressed with some many aspects of how the Jawls designed this development

#775 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 05:39 PM

I wonder why there isn't more excitement about this development.

Do you mean that sales aren't good for the condo portion?

I do know that people who work in the area definitely appreciate the Red Barn Market and Good Earth coffee shop...

#776 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 20 January 2020 - 05:43 PM

Do you mean that sales aren't good for the condo portion?

I do know that people who work in the area definitely appreciate the Red Barn Market and Good Earth coffee shop...

It is not only that, but the plaza between 525 and 545 Superior is a well thought out public space

#777 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:01 PM

The sloped roof-top public space above the Good Earth cafe in the plaza is now finished & open to the public. These are photos from last Saturday at dusk.

Nice vantage point up there with views to the back of the Legislature, the plaza, and southwards to the Cap Park Residential buildings.

Attached Images

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 4.jpg
  • 5.jpg
  • 6.jpg

• Nparker, Biro and GratefulCanucks3 like this

#778 Biro

Biro
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 07:33 PM

The sloped roof-top public space above the Good Earth cafe in the plaza is now finished & open to the public. These are photos from last Saturday at dusk.

Nice vantage point up there with views to the back of the Legislature, the plaza, and southwards to the Cap Park Residential buildings.

Anyone have any updates? Are the townhomes in the back above ground yet?

#779 JETT

JETT
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 03:46 PM

Anyone have any updates? Are the townhomes in the back above ground yet?

These are from March 27th taken from the 4th floor of 525 looking south. Campbell appears to have a decent size crew on site although I believe they may have scaled back due to trades self isolating.

Attached Images

• 20200327_154432.jpg
  • 20200327_154438.jpg
  • 20200327_154615.jpg

• Mike K., Nparker, Kungsberg and 2 others like this

#780 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,177 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 05:42 AM

That’s an angle we haven’t seen yet. Thank you!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users