BUILT
Capital Park Office, building 1
Uses: office, commercial
Address: 500-block of Superior Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 5
Capital Park Office, building one, is the first of two office phases (with ground floor commercial space) of C... (view full profile)
Learn more about Capital Park Office, building 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[James Bay] Capital Park | Mixed-use office, commercial, residential | 5-storeys | Under construction

Office Commercial

• Please log in to reply
794 replies to this topic

#261 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 09:39 AM

Residents in James Bay are raising concerns about construction workers at Capital Park "cat calling" female passersby, even women with children.

A man wrote into VV this morning asking if we could bring this issue to the forefront and see if there are more individuals who feel harassed or singled out by construction workers as they pass along the construction site.

The man, who has requested anonymity, wrote the following:

"Capitol Park Victoria is a hotbed of cat calling morons. My wife has to walk by there to pick up our son from school. Even if she's on the north side of Superior, they shout. I'm quite sure she isn't the only one.  It's pretty bad when she's walking home with him. I know it's always been this way, but it pisses her off and she doesn't have much other options.  This behaviour is unacceptable."

I thought cat calling is a form of harassment and has been barred at construction sites in BC? Maybe not? Anyways, the contractor is Campbell Construction, and I am certain if Jawl Properties/Concert Properties heard that this was occurring at their construction site, they would be none too happy.

• Rob Randall and Nparker like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#262 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 11:12 AM

Is this not considered a fireable offense? :-(

#263 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,402 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:15 PM

Is this not considered a fireable offense? :-(

If not, it should be.

#264 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:55 PM

Any decent foreman would not allow that.  I remember when I was a kid I did some landscaping work for a company, just on a short, one week stint where they were on a commercial job at a shopping centre.  That was one of the first things the boss told us, you get the "one look" rule.  No second look, no calling.

• Nparker and nagel like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#265 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,402 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:11 PM

What I cannot understand is why some men still feel this is acceptable behaviour. Would they like their wives/girlfriends/sisters/mothers treated in this manner?

#266 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:30 PM

Municipalities tell workers it's a 3 second rule there is no limit of how many times
The complainer should be complaining to the construction site office not to a forum board where he will be subjected to if I have a complaint against service at a restaraunt I tell the restraint not a bus driver

Edited by HB, 15 September 2016 - 02:32 PM.

#267 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:40 PM

The entire Internet is based on opinions, complaints and praise. Some of the world's biggest websites deal exclusively with feedback on a gazzilion different topics.

Campbell needs to get their guys in order at that site. Another one of Campbell's crews apparently mocked a chubby guy coming out of the Y next to the Escher site. I think it's good people are coming out with these claims, it affirms publicly that there are organizations that might be forgetting to remind their employees of their duties as brand representatives.
  • Rob Randall, Nparker and nerka like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#268 manuel

manuel
  • 595 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:37 PM

I've seen the same happening at 1515 Pandora, also a Campbelll site. Sorry HB, harass emery is not acceptable and directly confronting the issue isnt an option for most people - male or female.
  • Rob Randall likes this
"I know nothing"

#269 manuel

manuel
  • 595 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:44 PM

1515 Douglas
"I know nothing"

#270 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:10 AM

Photos from Sept 22nd 

Attached Images

• IMG_6388.JPG
  • IMG_6391.JPG

• Nparker likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#271 Jjly83

Jjly83
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 05:37 AM

Any word on if the commercial / residential building in Phase 1 will have condo's for sale or just rentals?

#272 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 07:39 AM

Hi Jjly83, my instinct says it will be a rental. More info is available here although on Citified we've still got it noted that it could either way: http://victoria.citi...ial-building-1/

I will connect with the developer today and see if he has more info. Stand by.

Know it all.

#273 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 07:44 AM

The first residential building will be a rental.

Know it all.

#274 UrbanRail

UrbanRail
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:41 PM

Its going to be an interesting project and very cool area once completed.

• Nparker likes this

#275 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:50 PM

Walked by today, took some clicks - here's an update. 

22750841848_5617bfa2db_b.jpg

30893116196_38e091756c_b.jpg

30928982315_3aca0d9fbc_b.jpg

• Mike K., Nparker and 2F2R like this

#276 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 03:15 PM

This development is amazing and needs more of our attention and eyes on it! Thanks zoomer. 

• zoomer likes this

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#277 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:59 PM

IMG_6766.JPG

• Nparker likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#278 Masonvd

Masonvd
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:40 PM

I like how it seems to be curbside on Menzies and Superior but the huge empty space at the back of property is disappointing. This is already a very walkable area, I'm not sure it needs that much parking. 

#279 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:09 PM

The open space at this project is all public space with parking below grade.

Welcome to VV  :wave:

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#280 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,402 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:20 PM

The open space at this project is all public space with parking below grade...

For Masonvd:  http://capitalparkvictoria.com/

Capture.JPG

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users