• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,338 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:12 AM

Hi all,

I'm a new parent, and am wondering which restaurants in Victoria are baby friendly? Family bathroom, or at least a change table in the bathrooms, etc.

Kelsie's closing probably took one of those out.

Thanks!

#2 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

The Fernwood Inn has booster seats and change tables.  Children of any age are always welcome.

http://www.fernwoodinn.com

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:39 AM

Hi all,

I'm a new parent, and am wondering which restaurants in Victoria are baby friendly? Family bathroom, or at least a change table in the bathrooms, etc.

Kelsie's closing probably took one of those out.

Thanks!

Boston Pizza's tend to have baby changing stations, don't they?

Fifth Street had a changing station but I'm not sure if the newly renovated bathrooms have incorporated them.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

As a less new parent I can assure you that you will get used to changing babies on the floor. We have a nice change bag w a change pad. Works fine. High chairs are a different issue. But we have never had a problem at any restaurants in town, or at least those you'd want to go to w a kid anyways.

#5 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

We're pretty lucky. This part of the world is very child friendly. Spend a few weeks in London when my first born was a baby. It was very tough. It was standard policy for restaurants not to have high chairs. Forget about changing tables.

I can't think of many places around here that are not accommodating to kids for the most part. Even many high end restaurants are pretty good about it.

• Mike K. likes this

#6 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

Yeah even in the places I go to that basically never have kids or babies I always see a changing table and a dusty high-chair stored away.

"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#7 SamCB

SamCB
  • 665 posts
  • Locationvictoria

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

Red robin is very family friendly. And when my kid was a newborn we took him to pagliaccis and they were extremely helpful and accommodating. We didn't change a diaper there so no idea about a change table.

#8 Dimitrios

Dimitrios
  • 316 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:03 PM

A parallel question I've been rather curious about is which restaurants/cafes/eateries have baby facilities in the women's restroom and NOT in the men's. They definitely exist...

#9 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,338 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:16 AM

Thanks all. Did Romeo's which was fine, but had no need for any facilities as she slept the whole time!

#10 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:36 AM

image.jpeg

#11 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:46 AM

I dunno, changing the baby on a table does not seem that out of line.

• Matt R. likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#12 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

Parents need to take the baby out to the car for changing poopy pants...PERIOD

#13 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:40 PM

Or use the change table in the washroom...

Not a chance poopy diapers would be changed in my car. 

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#14 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:06 PM

What would VIHA have to say about the restaurant's reluctance to ask the patrons to use the restroom for that purpose?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#15 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:03 PM

Most restrooms do not have a table.   And I bet it's hard to do it over a sink or toilet.  I can only think of one, maybe two restaurants I normally go to that have one.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 03 September 2017 - 03:05 PM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#16 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:09 PM

...changing the baby on a table does not seem that out of line.

Really??? I'll have to keep that in mind the next time there is a lineup at the restroom. I'll just make use of my water glass at the table, discretely of course.

#17 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:18 PM

Really??? I'll have to keep that in mind the next time there is a lineup at the restroom. I'll just make use of my water glass at the table, discretely of course.

Well, the baby did not mean to spoil your day, you can look away, and if the parent or couple does not have a car or home handy, what can they do, use a back alley?

Maybe they do not have to use the table closest to others, but it's not the end of the world.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 03 September 2017 - 03:19 PM.

#18 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:20 PM

....Maybe they do not have to use the table closest to others, but it's not the end of the world.

Neither is me relieving myself in my water glass - as long as I leave a decent compensatory tip for the wait staff.

Edited by Nparker, 03 September 2017 - 03:20 PM.

#19 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:38 PM

Or use the change table in the washroom...

Not a chance poopy diapers would be changed in my car. 

No kids eh? Lots of time to practice. :thumbsup:

#20 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:43 PM

Neither is me relieving myself in my water glass - as long as I leave a decent compensatory tip for the wait staff.

You can go use the washroom like you normally do.  Not sure why you need to do it at the table.  The baby does not have that option of being self-sufficient.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users