Photo

Baby friendly restaurants

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:46 PM

You can go use the washroom like you normally do.  Not sure why you need to do it at the table.  The baby does not have that option of being self-sufficient.

I already explained why I might "have" to use the table. The parents make the choice for the baby. They have options.

#22 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

Poopy Pampers might be a good name for a band.

#23 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:55 PM

I already explained why I might "have" to use the table. The parents make the choice for the baby. They have options.

What are those options?
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#24 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:57 PM

Any level surface in the washroom (i.e. near the sink or even on the floor) would be better than the table where food is served and people eat.

#25 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,240 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:02 PM

Few restaurants here have change tables. I've had kids in diapers for nearly 4 years now and have run into situations where we made a call to change the diaper on the floor by our table, or on the bench of the booth if we have a booth. It's a whole lot faster, it isn't messy or dirty as we always have a change pad and most people don't even notice.

Would not try it right on the table though, yech.

Some bathrooms are no good for doing it in there. Dirty or just very poorly setup at all, even for doing on the floor (only floor space is likely traffic area).

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#26 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:51 PM

Some bathrooms are no good for doing it in there. Dirty or just very poorly setup at all, even for doing on the floor (only floor space is likely traffic area).

Some washrooms would require you to bring your gumboots, and I don't have those so it might be bare feet on a slippery floor.

If you bring a large sheet along to dinner, you could get a couple of servers to hold that up while you make the diaper change on your table.

Or you could make a healthy tip available if they took the kid out to the kitchen to do the change.

#27 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:55 PM

The kitchen prep table seems like a reasonable compromise.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#28 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:58 PM

The kitchen prep table seems like a reasonable compromise.

Just don't order the chili.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users