Photo

Saaz Indian Restaurant | Victoria | 535 Yates Street

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisA

ChrisA
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

I noticed a new place called Saaz on on the last block of Yates.  There are a number of glowing reviews on Tripadvisor, but almost all of them are from people with exactly one review, so interpret as you will.  Has anyone been?   

http://www.saazresta....com/about.html

Edited by ChrisA, 23 January 2014 - 12:54 PM.

#2 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

I love how Yelp has their location displayed as in Rock Bay. Oops :)

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3 simonaitch

simonaitch
  • 14 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

We ate there last night and would definitely return. Good quality ingredients and flavours that were a notch above most Indian restaurants. Menu was a little limited however it made me choose a selection I would not normally have tried and now I'm glad I did.

Portions are a little small but I really couldn't find anything to complain about and look forward to my next visit.

• Mike K. likes this

#4 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:00 PM

I understand it has temporarily closed due to a fire a few weeks ago, anyone hear of this ? To make matters worse the Owner/Manager (?) broke his arm tripping on a fire hose.

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:21 PM

Yup, kitchen fire that happened mid-spring.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:40 PM

Went here recently and was very pleasantly surprised. It might beat out Masala Bites as my favourite Indian food place downtown. Will have to retry them both before I can make the official call.

#7 Dietrich

Dietrich
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:47 PM

Saaz has reopened since the fire? They have a fantastic lunch buffet, I'd say the best I've had in Victoria.

#8 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:50 PM

They were open a few weeks ago and everything looked great. It was my first time in - no evidence of fire.

Ordered off the menu, not the buffet, as I was hankering for something particular.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users